StarCraft® II

Upcoming Physics system changes

(Sticky)

Developer
In an upcoming patch, we are making a few physics related changes that are not backwards compatible.

We are planning to remove the following:
1. The PhysicsType field from the CModel entry in the Model catalog.
2. The SetPhysicsState message from the Actor catalog.
3. The PhysicsState HostedProp from the Actor catalog.

These items all implement global physics state which is incompatible with planned physics improvements. Please let us know if this is detrimental to anyone’s maps or mods so that we can work on minimizing the impact. Thanks for reading!
Reply Quote
Can you release the source code? :)
Reply Quote
It seems SetPhysicsState and PhysicsState already doesn't work since patch 2.0, so I think removing them won't case too much trouble.

But I think I found other issues which seems related with the physics system:

For example, if you modify a CUnitActor's DeathArray field, and set a AnimProps for it. It's death actor would cease to handle almost all of the actor messages, and you can't change the death animation with any messages, unless you set the DeathArray[x].AnimProps field to 'Ignore'.

Such issue doen't happen before patch 2.0

Similar issue also happens on CActorAction's ImpactMap[x].Sound field. If you set this field, you can't dynamicly change the impact sound's visiblity and other props with message.
Edited by Renee on 5/17/2013 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Could someone go into more detail about what this means?
Reply Quote
In an upcoming patch, we are making a few physics related changes that are not backwards compatible.

We are planning to remove the following:
1. The PhysicsType field from the CModel entry in the Model catalog.
2. The SetPhysicsState message from the Actor catalog.
3. The PhysicsState HostedProp from the Actor catalog.

These items all implement global physics state which is incompatible with planned physics improvements. Please let us know if this is detrimental to anyone’s maps or mods so that we can work on minimizing the impact. Thanks for reading!

This may cause some unintended bugs in my game. Could you elaborate on the planned physics improvements?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]