StarCraft® II

Samir duran

There are many hints that narud=duran but there is still no clear answer! Blizard i think that after so much time we should get a clear answer about that. If you dont want to guve us answer at least tell us that you will make sure that this thing will get its answer on LOTV. we havent got any info about duran since end of BW and it was long time ago so i think every one who loves the game should get answer for that after so much time. THANK YOU!
Reply Quote
There are many hints that narud=duran but there is still no clear answer! Blizard i think that after so much time we should get a clear answer about that. If you dont want to guve us answer at least tell us that you will make sure that this thing will get its answer on LOTV. we havent got any info about duran since end of BW and it was long time ago so i think every one who loves the game should get answer for that after so much time. THANK YOU!

I'll say this: if we find out in LotV that Emil Narud is NOT Samir Duran, lore fans are going to want a VERY good explanation from Blizzard...
Reply Quote
I would just be patient and wait for LOTV to come out before demanding such things lol. They normally don't post information solely on someone just demanding it. Just wait until people start asking questions at the next blizzcon or LOTV.
Reply Quote
I would just be patient and wait for LOTV to come out before demanding such things lol. They normally don't post information solely on someone just demanding it. Just wait until people start asking questions at the next blizzcon or LOTV.

its ok for me not to get all the answers. Even if Blizard will say to us now that we will get out answer for that on LOTV its ok for me. i just dont wana sc2 to end without getting the answer for that because if it will happen we may never know.
Btw i sometimes think that valerian is duran. I dont think they wana put duran out of the game so fast and if you think about it-we know that the final mission will be all the races vs Amon which will die at the end (like wc3 last night elf mission). Its kinda hard for me to believe that the game will end so good and we will have peace between t p and z. if its happen there wont be sc3. I believe that amon will die and we will have secret mission that tells us that duran is now the hybrid leader and he will say "my plan can finally begin now" and we will see hybrids attack everyone. its kinda hard for me to believe that duran is dead because if so what will come on sc3??? i cant see how sc2 end with amon alive
Edited by wrj on 5/16/2013 2:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

What makes you think Blizzard would even answer that?
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 02:43 PMPosted by ragnarok

Because they've answered a lot of questions about HOTS prior to its release in Blizzcon of 2011 or 2012 I can't remember which one. They usually suggest to people in Blizzcon to ask questions at the end of their previews, but most of the questions usually rely on multiplayer and balance and Blizzard representatives will normally pick it out of the crowd who gets to ask the questions.
Reply Quote
Actually there has been a clear answer, and several more after, because apparently some people just just that dense.
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Oracle

Because they've answered a lot of questions about HOTS prior to its release in Blizzcon of 2011 or 2012 I can't remember which one. They usually suggest to people in Blizzcon to ask questions at the end of their previews, but most of the questions usually rely on multiplayer and balance and Blizzard representatives will normally pick it out of the crowd who gets to ask the questions.

Me, I'm more curious if they'll expect people to have read the 3 Dark Templar Saga books in order to better understand LotV.
Reply Quote
They already did clarify....

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Its pretty clear to me.

In SC1

- Duran: "I've had many names throughout the millennia, young prodigal. You would know me best as 'Samir Duran'."
- Duran: "I am a servant of a far greater power. A power that has slept for countless ages. And is reflected in the creature within that cell. "
- Duran: "This creature is the completion of a cycle."

So he works for a higher power, which has been 'sleeping' (dead?, dormant?), to research/create/perfect hybrids for that higher power.

In SC2

- Stukov to Kerrigan: "Kerrigan, this laboratory houses the culmination of Narud's research: the Hybrid."
- Stukov to Kerrigan: "I wonder how Narud could hope to resurrect a being as powerful as Amon"
- Narud to Kerrigan: "Amon... lives. You will see him soon..."

So Narud succeeded in researching/creating the hybrids for the higher power and resurrecting it.

All this is purely in the game itself; it doesnt even include all the lore/books that get more into it.
Edited by Leviathan on 5/22/2013 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Its pretty clear to me.

In SC1

- Duran: "I've had many names throughout the millennia, young prodigal. You would know me best as 'Samir Duran'."
- Duran: "I am a servant of a far greater power. A power that has slept for countless ages. And is reflected in the creature within that cell. "
- Duran: "This creature is the completion of a cycle."

So he works for a higher power, which has been 'sleeping' (dead?, dormant?), to research/create/perfect hybrids for that higher power.

In SC2

- Stukov to Kerrigan: "Kerrigan, this laboratory houses the culmination of Narud's research: the Hybrid."
- Stukov to Kerrigan: "I wonder how Narud could hope to resurrect a being as powerful as Amon"
- Narud to Kerrigan: "Amon... lives. You will see him soon..."

So Narud succeeded in researching/creating the hybrids for the higher power and Resurrection it.

All this is purely in the game itself; it doesnt even include all the lore/books that get more into it.

Yeah I know about that. Still, I wish we could have actually seen Duran's face before being killed.
Reply Quote
it would be very disappointing if narud is duran cuz i wanted to see some characters get mad like stukov. duran killed stukov
Reply Quote
it would be very disappointing if narud is duran cuz i wanted to see some characters get mad like stukov. duran killed stukov

Well they'll at least still have to mention the guy in LotV.
Reply Quote

He is the same. Get past it.
Reply Quote

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

Where and when did they clarify this, because I'm sick of all this debate.
Reply Quote

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

They didn't. Chris Metzen at Blizzcon 2011 said we already saw Duran in WoL. He did NOT say Emil Narud and Samir Duran are the same person.
Reply Quote

They didn't. Chris Metzen at Blizzcon 2011 said we already saw Duran in WoL. He did NOT say Emil Narud and Samir Duran are the same person.

You people are bloody thick-headed. Duran is Narud and now is stone frakking dead. Get past it.
Reply Quote

You people are bloody thick-headed. Duran is Narud and now is stone frakking dead. Get past it.

That we know of. Now the Q is will he STAY dead...
Reply Quote
I knew Narud was Duran before I was aware there was a debate. It's extremely obvious. I don't see why there is a debate on the issue.
Reply Quote
I knew Narud was Duran before I was aware there was a debate. It's extremely obvious. I don't see why there is a debate on the issue.

He technically should be, I just don't want to see in LotV, Blizzard pulls some trick and we find out he's NOT Duran, and then Blizzard says that they never SPECIFICALLY said Narud is Duran.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]