StarCraft® II

Starcraft RPG

Hey fellas,

As you know, I am working on a Starcraft RPG. Gameplay wise, it's going to be a cross between Knights of the Old Republic, and Mass Effect 2. Lore wise, it's going to be 100% Starcraft.

The first chapter of your character's life will take place in my coming Arcade map. You will be able to choose from up to 54 combinations to make your character's backstory, then you'll be able to choose from several dialog options, like Kotor and Mass Effect, to truly create your character.

The problem is, I am starting to need help. If you're interested in helping me with anything, you will of course get your name in the credits and my personal thanks. Plus maybe a few cookies and Easter eggs as you wish ;)

The things I need help with are:

• Major Characters

• I need major characters. I'm talking deep, well thought out characters which will come to life in the game. I'm talking like Carth Onasi, Garrus Vakarian, Liara T'soni, etc.

These can be characters you think of right now, or RP characters, it really doesn't matter.

• Minor Characters

• I also need minor characters. Characters that aren't as important, but still make the game come to life. Here I'm looking for people such as Jeff "Joker" Monroe, Commander Bailey, etc. (Sorry, no Kotor minor characters come to mind.

• Miscellaneous Ideas
  • Plots, sidequests, anything and everything!

• Possible Trigger and Data Help
  • Yeeeaaaah, I suck at Data editor, although can be quite crafty with Triggers :)

Anyone? Anyone?
    Reply Quote
    Well, first things first; when is it taking place in the storyline? Without that important tidbit, nobody's going to be able to help much at all.
    Reply Quote
    Oh, of course! It's a little to the side of the main storyline in WoL. So... After the zerg invasion, but before the invasion of char.

If someone could just drop a really intricate character sheet, I could use it :)
    Reply Quote
    Well, ill see if i can think of a character: ummm......
    IDEA!
    Bill Ardy(minor character)
    As for dialogue....NO IDEA
    Reply Quote
    Also, a storyline to work with would also be rather nice. That way, we know what kind of character slots need filling.
    Reply Quote
    You start on a dominion lunar colony.

I need you to fill in Dominion personal, Protoss justice fighters, civilians, crew members, you name it. Really just give me whatever you can and I will fill in the gaps if necessary.
    Reply Quote
    BOOOMMMM!!! Freakin' epiphany!

Okay, storyline has been edited.

You start on an independent lunar colony.

I need you to fill in Dominion personal, Independent colonists, maybe some mercs/assassins. Protoss anti-zerg fighters, obsessional Xel'naga Protoss, Civilians, crew members, you name it. Really just give me whatever you can and I will fill in the gaps if necessary.

Fixed
    Reply Quote
    obsessional Xel'naga Protoss,

*cough* Tal'darim *cough*
    Reply Quote
    05/16/2013 01:47 PMPosted by TheLostMorph
    obsessional Xel'naga Protoss,

*cough* Tal'darim *cough*

Right, exactly! Whatever you have, please, I'll take it :D
    Reply Quote
    It would be helpful if we had somewhat of a storyline. I am unable to create characters without knowing how to fit them in.
    Reply Quote
    KO see post 7
    Reply Quote
    As with almost any fictional government the colony needs to have at least one obstructive bureaucrat and/or some official who that tries to capture/kill the protagonist(s) if he/she/they don't follow the in-universe rules/regulations to the letter, the best part is that this could be a major or a minor plot point depending on the story, it is
    also very satisfying if the player gets to kill them for some reason i.e. Udina in ME.

Side note: Yes it is cliché, but it can be awesome if done well
    Edited by DarkZelot on 5/17/2013 12:52 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Side note: Yes it is cliché, but it can be awesome if done well

True, true.

Don't worry, I got the specifics covered. I just thought I'd want to open up to some character ideas if you guys had any. Apparently... You don't...
    Reply Quote
    Well my character will be Jay the ghost former ghost with a new experimental sniper rifle called the big Benny.
    Reply Quote
    Got big Benny from a name we call someone in our class.
    Reply Quote
    Can we have Anderung the Changeling as the Passive upgrade Vendor?
    He'd be sending you on quests to basically assassinate people, bring him animals, or to eat things to see how you'd benefit from them (free upgrades)
    Reply Quote
    Well my character will be Jay the ghost former ghost with a new experimental sniper rifle called the big Benny.

Is this MockingJay?
    Reply Quote
    Hmmmm, maybe a crazy ex Ghost that lives in a shack with her horde of cats that could either by A) she helps your character and teaches him some Psionic abilities or B) Will be an enemy character.
    Reply Quote
    05/18/2013 04:59 PMPosted by smylez

Is this MockingJay?
    He just likes the name Jay for some reason. Not related to Mockingjay in any way though (I think).
    Edited by Owlfeathers on 5/18/2013 7:58 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Can we have Anderung the Changeling as the Passive upgrade Vendor?
    He'd be sending you on quests to basically assassinate people, bring him animals, or to eat things to see how you'd benefit from them (free upgrades)

Hm... Keep in mind this is a LINEAR RPG, not an OPEN WORLD RPG. So I'm looking for less of, "go fetch this" and "go kill that"

Will definitely consider this, however ;)

Hmmmm, maybe a crazy ex Ghost that lives in a shack with her horde of cats that could either by A) she helps your character and teaches him some Psionic abilities or B) Will be an enemy character.

Genius!!

I love it. Flesh out the character more. Maybe even give me a full bio. Her personality, etc.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]