StarCraft® II

I feel like my MMR is broken.

Check out my record. This is not fun.
Reply Quote
2 Things may have happened. 1 masters has become hard to enter again since the start of the new season. 2 All leagues are full and u have to wait till a new league forms. 3. U started in plat and won like 10 in a row got dia then had a 60% win rate vs low dia.
Reply Quote
2 Things may have happened. 1 masters has become hard to enter again since the start of the new season. 2 All leagues are full and u have to wait till a new league forms. 3. U started in plat and won like 10 in a row got dia then had a 60% win rate vs low dia.

You didn't look at my record. I'm playing high diamond and former master players most of the time.... and winning 1 game out of 3. IT should place me against equal opponents. If this means losing diamond, so be it.
Reply Quote
Me to it feels like I am facing mid diamond players :( when I am mid plat because I checked some players profiles and some I faced are diamond
Edited by Mrjellop on 5/8/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Me to. 1 out of 5 games I vs a GM
Reply Quote
Me to. 1 out of 5 games I vs a GM

No, you don't =/
Reply Quote
No, you don't =/

Did you check all of my matches? because I've vsed 5 GM's
Reply Quote
MMR is hella spikey. Two days ago i had 6 losses over almost 35 games. Yesterday i had 3 wins over 20 games. It really does try to keep you at 50% W/L, but sometimes it spikes like crazy to do it.

I don't think you should worry about it much. Just accept that its more volatile than you'd like :-\

It's also possible that the MMR is more about keeping you at 50% than about finding you fair matches, but that's theorycrafting
Reply Quote
MY !@#$% GAMEDOG WASS UP
Reply Quote
I don't think you should worry about it much. Just accept that its more volatile than you'd like :-\

It's also possible that the MMR is more about keeping you at 50% than about finding you fair matches, but that's theorycrafting

I suppose. Last season I really did have a long win streak, so I suppose my MMR could have just required a lot of losses to get back in line after the switch to the new season. I've certainly had 1 or 2 night losing streaks before, as well. But the current season has just been really bad to the point where I spent an evening in unranked on EU and working my way up from bronze just to go off tilt. I'm finding myself taking late 3rds, saturating terribly, taking bad engagmeents, failing to protect against drops, etc just because it's so rattling to lose 20+ games with only a few wins in between.
Reply Quote
Have you tried taking a day off? Sometimes when I can't play for a while I actually play a lot better when I come back.
Reply Quote
Have you tried taking a day off? Sometimes when I can't play for a while I actually play a lot better when I come back.

Yeah, I have. Unfortunately, I'm pretty stubborn. I'm often more motivated to play by losing than by winning.
Reply Quote
05/10/2013 08:04 AMPosted by BlackAdder

Yeah, I have. Unfortunately, I'm pretty stubborn. I'm often more motivated to play by losing than by winning.

Well, just don't frustrate yourself over it. That just makes it worse haha :-)
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 03:10 PMPosted by GameDog
No, you don't =/

Did you check all of my matches? because I've vsed 5 GM's

With your winrate in ranked I know that you aren't facing a GM every 5 games. If they're playing unranked that's completely irrelevant, as they have a different MMR for unranked. Why even bother trying to lie about it?
Reply Quote
Are you sure it's a different mmr for unranked?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]