StarCraft® II

How to defend against marine-marauder rush?

Hello.

I've been having really tough time defending VS marine-marauder rush.

My stalkers die almost instantly and even if I block the ramp it doesn't help at all as it's just delaying the inevitable...

Any ideas for a noobie?

EDIT: I tried building void rays but 1-2 void rays vs 10 marines is useless... It's usually so early I don't have the resources for colossi either
Edited by SupplyBlock on 5/10/2013 4:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
4 sentries delay it infinitely, push out a colossus as soon as possible. Then win
Reply Quote
4 sentries delay it infinitely, push out a colossus as soon as possible. Then win

LOL, yeah like you could.

@OP when did the push hit?
Reply Quote
force fields and zealots are very good versus terran.

in tvp, it is very necessary to push out a stalker and warp gate the moment your cyb core drops. then the mothership core.

at this point, you need to scout and determine whether your opponent is going to use one base pressure or if they lay down an expansion.

if they are going to rely on one base pressure, make sure you build one stalker the cyb core drops, make the core, make sure you chrono your tech, and then build gateways as you pool enough money while continuing your production.

stalkers are better to push out until warp gates come into play because they can defend reapers better. but once the warp gates come in, you can build your sentries and zealots.

however, most games, it is actually safer to build an earlier expansion. you win the game if you can defend it.

make sure you build 2-4 stalkers on gateways before warp tech finishes. this is also useful if your opponent isn't attacking. you can use a one stalker poke and rally the next few stalkers, followed up with a pylon if you think your opponent is trying to factory or stargate units. if they are building barracks, then stalker pokes can be inneffective.

Also, getting colossi is probably the safest bet versus terran. the lance range upgrade is crucial versus terran infantry all ins. most terran players will 2 base all in mmm medivac up to high platinum. it is very difficult to defend.
Edited by aoxomoxoa on 5/10/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think he is talkin about the 7 min cheese rush or somethin around that with a couple marauders. Sentries work wonders here. You can go for the colossus but vs rushes that early i've been havin success goin dts. Make him use one scan per dt and you should be fine. He wont have more than 2 or 3 and have to retreat. Even with detection more than 6/7 dts with zealot support should eat his army alive. If the dts stop working you will have to switch to colossus though. Archons could help. So... Sentry your ramp while goin for 4 gate zealot/dts, he shouldnt be able to do much as long as you have enough mana to block your ramp. I normally skip a mothership unless I expect reapers.
Reply Quote
Guys, here's another example of how I got completely owned.
http://drop.sc/333257

I was gonna build colossi to deal with the push but it came so early, and with siegetanks....
Reply Quote
Nexus Cannon yo.
Reply Quote
You are making more threads than you are making posts. All about the same thing. Why?

In every thread you are talking about your stalker army. You don't want a stalker based army vs. terran. Stalkers are good for denying drops, killing vikings, and certain cheese defense. Your army should be mostly zealot sentry on 2 base until you have tech.
Reply Quote
Yeah sorry bout the threads, I'm just a big noob and wanted to get better :/

I'll keep my spamming to a minimum, thanks for the help regardless ^^
Reply Quote
You are making more threads than you are making posts. All about the same thing. Why?

In every thread you are talking about your stalker army. You don't want a stalker based army vs. terran. Stalkers are good for denying drops, killing vikings, and certain cheese defense. Your army should be mostly zealot sentry on 2 base until you have tech.
+1 I always love a Protoss who goes pure Stalkers because my basic units counter them cost effieciently,num num Zerglings :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]