StarCraft® II

Sherlock TV series used BNET SFX

So I was watching episode 2 of Sherlock (BBC TV series) on one monitor and Starcraft open on another. I was confused when I heard the UI SFX but I wasn't doing anything, and then I realized it was from the show. You can hear BNET UI sounds in the scene right at 30 min in the second episode, they used the sounds that you hear when you cue up games or enter lobbies.
Reply Quote
Yes !!! I noticed it too during the 3rd episode of Sherlock (when he explains why the Golem killed the guy on the beach). I thought I was alone with this theory... :D
Edited by SpongieBobu on 8/10/2014 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've always enjoyed trying to spot reused sound effects in movies. You see them a lot; animal roars and human scream (like the famous Wilhelm Scream) are particularly common. Explosions too. I was delighted to hear a Dune 2000 Siege Tank blast go off in a movie recently.

Also, this thread has been in the grave for over a year now. Shame on you. O_-

...and me. Oops.
Edited by KnarledOne on 8/5/2014 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did you spot SC2 sound effects in other movies / tv shows ?
"Le Petit Journal", a French funny tv show, also used the SC2 theme.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]