StarCraft® II

Is it normal to go DTs and build cannon?

Is it normal to go DTs and build 2 cannons in your base?
I played a game where I proxied DTs and my opponent went in base Dark Shrine, and he happened to make TWO cannons near his minerals and they warped in right as my DTs got to his base. I watched the replay he didn't scout my proxies.

I understand he could have counted that there was one pylon missing but TWO cannons?
I have never seen people build blind cannons in the pro-scene, understanding that if it was anything else they would be incredibly behind.

Perhaps maphack? Not sure tho.
Reply Quote
Its possible the other person was using maphacks. However, if he scouts you going fast double gas and notices a missing pylon. The builds that go with that is proxy stargate and hidden dts. So cannons can save him from oracles and dts. So it's likely after he saw double gas and missing pylon he just laid down cannons to defend the two builds you were most likely doing that could kill him.
Reply Quote
Well he probably was thinking "Ok so the only proxy viable with this much gas is oracle or dt's." simple right. cannons counter both.
Reply Quote
Some people who go DTs blindly build Cannons as well just to give them the autowin in case the opponent also goes DTs.
Edited by NinjaDuckBob on 5/8/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]