Heart of Swarm wont install

Hi, So I just bought the expansion, Heart of The Swarm, for SC2. I installed sc2 wings of liberty on my new pc, then popped heart of the swarm in to install. After saying my game is up to date I enter sc2 and its wings of liberty.... in b.net it says upgrade to heart of the swarm... I JUST BOUGHT AND THOUGHT I INSTALLED HEART OF THE SWARM. What the heck is going on? In the update it didnt even ask me for my heart of the swarm product key. Why don't the products you sell actually work Blizzard?
Reply Quote
Same for me. Lol. Except mine is a digital order. And the order status is "queued." Of course, the instructions on the same page inform me: Your digital products are now available at the following links by category:
Digital Game Downloads

Which is a complete lie. Wings of Liberty is installed and "up to date."
Edited by Star on 5/14/2013 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Customer support from Blizzard is so horrible. There is no live chat, all you can do is post something and hope they eventually get back to you with a helpful answer. Or you go to their technical support page and you have to spend an hour navigating through is it this is it that click on this link and read about all the possible problems. Honestly I want to know how I can get a refund. Or charge them for how many hours I've wasted my time trying to get a product I paid for to work.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Hi, So I just bought the expansion, Heart of The Swarm, for SC2. I installed sc2 wings of liberty on my new pc, then popped heart of the swarm in to install. After saying my game is up to date I enter sc2 and its wings of liberty.... in b.net it says upgrade to heart of the swarm... I JUST BOUGHT AND THOUGHT I INSTALLED HEART OF THE SWARM. What the heck is going on? In the update it didnt even ask me for my heart of the swarm product key. Why don't the products you sell actually work Blizzard?

Often times the best way to get help with account related issues is calling them directly. Those folks do have the ability to make alterations/corrections to your account (they are not developers so often they cannot help with gameplay bugs).

I can offer this:
1) Is your account asking to upgrade to hots? Or is it asking you to upgrade to the hots deluxe edition? I have standard hots and my account makes it look like I need to upgrade to hots again, when in fact, it's really just asking me to upgrade to hots deluxe. If your account is saying you can update to standard hots after buying it, then yes, call bliz tech support.
2) If you install just wol, JUST WOL, and let the SC2 launcher fully update to the current version (2.0.8) you do not need to install hots because it will be automatically installed with version 2.0.5. Yep! That means everyone with 2.0.5 or newer has hots installed. It's just a matter of it being restricted to Starter Edition or unlocked to Full Edition. Many people try to install hots overtop itself because they think they have to. And that seems to confuse the game for many of those people.

Same for me. Lol. Except mine is a digital order. And the order status is "queued." Of course, the instructions on the same page inform me: Your digital products are now available at the following links by category:
Digital Game Downloads

Which is a complete lie. Wings of Liberty is installed and "up to date."

If you are up to v 2.0.8, it sounds like something is hanging up your purchase. I found a definition of "Queued":

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/blizzard-store-faq#q8

Also, there have been quite a few reports that accounts don't upgrade until after the transaction clears the bank. So maybe that's what delaying your purchase, assuming you bought it in the last 1-3 business days or so. If you bought it a long time ago, definitely call bliz tech support.

Customer support from Blizzard is so horrible. There is no live chat, all you can do is post something and hope they eventually get back to you with a helpful answer. Or you go to their technical support page and you have to spend an hour navigating through is it this is it that click on this link and read about all the possible problems. Honestly I want to know how I can get a refund. Or charge them for how many hours I've wasted my time trying to get a product I paid for to work.

If you haven't had the game for long ("long" is a bit arbitrary) you can refer to this:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/order-returns-exchanges

They may honor a return. But I know that if it has been too long, they won't. I know the article says "30 days" but with a well formed argument that the game isn't working despite troubleshooting, they might. The article also seems to be physical copy-centric, but I assume a digital refund entails Bliz refunding your money and removing the license key from your account.
Edited by Leviathan on 5/14/2013 7:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard hasn't processed my paypal payment yet. ... And presumably it's because they have to manually process it. Why? Nobody knows. They didn't tell me anything. And on my account page, it says I have HOTS. Lies. Maybe I'll call tomorrow.

I'm going to try the hotfix for it not upgrading: create a character in a different realm!! Lol...wtf who designed this?

Update: It worked. Try what I said above. I changed region to Europe, made a character, then the game turned into HOTS.
Edited by Star on 5/14/2013 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So has ANYBODY been able to fix this issue? I have turned in a ticket...but does that help at all? I bought this when it first came out, but haven't been able to play it until now. WHAT THE HELL??? I have been such a supporter of this game and spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY to have it not work.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Hey Dittimus,

What is happening? Where does it go wrong? Do you have the physical Hots CD that you are trying to use? Do you get an error message?
Reply Quote
If there are any admins or staff of Blizzard who are reading this I'd like to know how to get my retail of HOTS working. I've tried all the tips e.g. deactivate firewall and check secondary login work but this hasn't solved my problem.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
TerranWizard, are you getting a particular error message or error code?

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak

"True self is without form."
Reply Quote
I just bought HOTS from Best Buy a few days ago and am trying to install it. It installed a fresh Battlenet client just fine but when that opens, it tells me to update Starcraft II. And anytime I try to do that it gives me the following code:

Whoops! Looks like something broke decrypting a file. Give it another shot. Error: BLZBNTAGT0000085C

I've jumped through all the hoops to no avail. Even tried to to launch Wings of Liberty. It updated and then kicked me to Battlenet, leading to the same limbo described above.

I also decided to try downloading something else through Battlenet to get a better idea of where the issue may lie. Presently the starter version of Diablo III is downloading without any problems.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
01/15/2015 07:33 PMPosted by crucifix
BLZBNTAGT0000085C

This error code can indicate interference from other programs running in the background.

Can you try a Selective Startup first? If that doesn't help, we can delve further into what may be running in the background.

Reply Quote
Hi Velnrak

Heart of the Swarm is now working on my Battle Net account after I installed Starcraft 2 on another computer.
So it's all good now.
Edited by TerranWizard on 2/6/2015 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Awesome, TerranWizard! Thanks for the update :)

Reply Quote
Hi everyone.
Ok so I just got sc2 legacy of the void and it installed without a worry. But I noticed I was unable to play the campaign and after further investigation found and wings of liberty and heart of the swarm had for some reason uninstalled. So I tried to install both wings of liberty and heart of the swarm and after a heap of downloading thought the problem was fixed. battle.net was still telling me to purchase both the original game and expansion pack which I have already purchased and played.
Please help this is so frustrating that and game can be so hard to install!!!
Reply Quote
I just started try to get back into starcraft. I could not remember my battle net password so I had to start a new account with a new email address. I just got the new void, game. and I just install it. so it asking me to upgrade. so Install the liberty dvd. and then I put in the swarm dvd. but for some reason it's still not show I have the swarm game. I keep putting the dvd and trying to install it. and just don't it just go to battle.net and that it. and then I look again. and it still don't show I have the swarm game. can anyone help me.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Hey merlin,

It's not the DVDs but the game licenses that are attached to your Battle.net account that determine what sort of access you have to the content inside. So the reason why it's not showing WoL & HotS, is most likely because you're logging in to your new Battle.net account while your WoL & HotS licenses are still attached to your old Battle.net account.

If you don't remember the password of your old Battle.net account, you may want to try a password reset.

Blizzard Support - Reset password
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/solution/sc2/958

If you're still unable to access your old Battle.net account, then it would probably be best to contact support directly, they'll be happy to help out.

Contact Blizzard Support
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]