StarCraft® II

Starcraft Paper and Pen RPG (Shadowrun Rules)

She's also the former queen of blades who had the psionic block removed that most ghosts have installed.

You can call it stifling creativity, but unless you can explain why, chances are the Confederacy will be having their hands on you for demonstrating that much potential unless you are well connected (like in Nova's case).
Reply Quote
Most of your arguments is based on the more advanced Ghosts. Nova wasn't a Ghost during the time of the Confederacy, she became a Ghost for the Dominion. And technically, you can kill anyone with psionics, even if you have a low level of telekinetics. Simple brain damage or damaging a major organ, then wait and let it happen. Also, one word: Spectres.

If it's going to be mostly based from the Confederacy time, then Protoss and Zerg are pretty much constant hostiles. Base it from the Mercenary point of view, Zerg and Protoss could be allies or characters. Hence the stifling of creativity.
Edited by Jester on 6/6/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Most of your arguments is based on the more advanced Ghosts. Nova wasn't a Ghost during the time of the Confederacy, she became a Ghost for the Dominion. And technically, you can kill anyone with psionics, even if you have a low level of telekinetics. Simple brain damage or damaging a major organ, then wait and let it happen. Also, one word: Spectres.

Oh it wasn't her that killed a bunch of terrorists when he family was killed in the tower?

I'm not saying it isn't impossible, but if you're going to play a psionic character you better a good reason. In other words, I am invoking GM fiat here.

If it's going to be mostly based from the Confederacy time, then Protoss and Zerg are pretty much constant hostiles. Base it from the Mercenary point of view, Zerg and Protoss could be allies or characters. Hence the stifling of creativity.

This mercenary point of view: please explain when this happens in the Starcraft universe. Last I checked, though may have been a while, you normally don't have the Protoss and zerg working together unless they were the bad guys. And even then, you still didn't have the Protoss and terrans working together too often except for special cases and those are after the events in Brood War.

As for Protoss being constant hostiles, they are hostile when they are getting shot at. Pretty sure you'd be hostile if someone was shooting at you for no reason besides being ugly (and no, I'm not calling you ugly).

Unless you have something constructive to present, or are willing to play, you'll be better off talking a gamemaster who is more inline with the rule of cool and not bound by plot. At least for a Starcraft campaign (SC2 might have a protoss character or three, but they'll still have disadvantages).
Reply Quote
You've been pointing the finger at Nova as a prime example of what a psionic has to be in order to kill, when less-powerful psionics have been equally as capable of killing with their mind. You're still ignoring the general point of what I'm saying, in which you don't need Magic (Fantasy based) when Psionics (Sci-fi based) works just as well. Same sides of a blank coin.

Last I had checked, Confederacy acted quite xeno-hostile during the whole ordeal. If memory serves me right, Confederacy engaged the Protoss a few times, even if the Protoss was doing nothing but hanging in orbit busting a chill.

Considering I am providing something constructive, and you're ignoring it..... Not my issue.

06/06/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Saronian
(SC2 might have a protoss character or three, but they'll still have disadvantages)

*clears throat* Fenix, Zeratul, Artanis, Tassadar. That is all.
Reply Quote
You've been pointing the finger at Nova as a prime example of what a psionic has to be in order to kill, when less-powerful psionics have been equally as capable of killing with their mind. You're still ignoring the general point of what I'm saying, in which you don't need Magic (Fantasy based) when Psionics (Sci-fi based) works just as well. Same sides of a blank coin.

Last I had checked, Confederacy acted quite xeno-hostile during the whole ordeal. If memory serves me right, Confederacy engaged the Protoss a few times, even if the Protoss was doing nothing but hanging in orbit busting a chill.

Considering I am providing something constructive, and you're ignoring it..... Not my issue.

(SC2 might have a protoss character or three, but they'll still have disadvantages)

*clears throat* Fenix, Zeratul, Artanis, Tassadar. That is all.

Friend of James Raynor, Friend of James Raynor, has worked with James Raynor, Friend of James Raynor.

There's also Mojo in the Enslavers missions, but that also happens after the Terran Campaign. In addition, it was also at great risk to the Alpha Squadron commanderr and those under the officer's command.

Only one to comeclose to working other terrains might be Artanis

Only after James Raynor and Tassadar worked together has examples for Terrain/Protoss team ups have occured. And most of those have happened after the Terrain Campaign at least.

As for the Magic arguement, that's due to me trying to cut out a possibly problematic set of rules.

As for me ignoring your point, I would like you to restate it. I thought the initial point was to make Protss and Zerg playable characters.
Reply Quote
No, the point that was being made is that you were hinting toward the fact that only the more powerful psionics could kill with their minds, when there has been examples of where less-powerful psionics have killed with their minds. Although my original point was the character races, but..... *mutters something, then moves on to next topic*

Zerg/Terran co-operation: HOTS, twice
Raynor worked with Tassadar when Artanis was forced to hunt Tassadar down. Raynor worked with Fenix and Artanis to free Tassadar when he was put under arrest, and then worked with Fenix again as a rear-guard while evacuating Auir.
Edited by Jester on 6/6/2013 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
And all of those happened after the fall of Tarsonis (the Terran Campaign).
Reply Quote
You're still skirting and ignoring the primary argument.
Reply Quote
You're still skirting and ignoring the primary argument.

I also said there has to be a good background story.

Example 1: Character has the ability to mind wipe character.

Example 2: Jonathon Hobson is a former scam artist on the run after swindling a a few gangs on Tarsonis. Most of these revolved around Jonathon's ability to mindwipe witnesses to the various crimes for more powerful gangs. Unfortunately, a close encounter with a ghost and several agents of Nova squadron, as well as increased investigations in the crimes, has put pressure on Jonathon.

Doing one last mission, Jonathon mindwiped his former friends, took as much money as he can reasonably hide, and bought a new identity before running for the colony worlds, careful to keep his true idetity hidden.

Example 1 is weak and provides no reason for a GM (like me) to allow the character in. Example 2 allows me to work several threads into the campaigns.

Any questions?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]