StarCraft® II

2013 Ladder Season Schedule Update

Community Manager
With the 2013 World Championship Series in full swing, we’ve been getting a lot of excellent feedback from you, and we’ve decided to align each ladder season with the WCS. We’re going to adjust the start dates for each season the rest of this year to:

2013 Ladder Season 4 – June 10 (start of WCS Season 2)
2013 Ladder Season 5 – August 26 (start of WCS Season 3)
2013 Ladder Season 6 – November 11

Each season will be 11 weeks long.

The dates referenced in-game will be updated during maintenance, soon.

For more on how seasons on the StarCraft II ladder work, check out our StarCraft II Ladder Information FAQ.
Edited by Kaivax on 5/28/2013 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
New map pool ? bye bye klontas mire and those ugly maps !
Reply Quote
this is cute.
Reply Quote
These Seasons are so short...
Reply Quote
Well...I better get some more games chugging if I'm ever gonna get out of Bronze then. I thought the current season was gonna end in July (as stated) but I guess Blizzard couldn't wait that long.
Reply Quote
When's the new season lock? When I log in it still says June 24th.
Reply Quote
Why does season length matter? Just play..
Reply Quote

Agreed. Its not like it makes that much of a difference. When the new season starts your mmr will be preserved, and season starts are a good time to get a promotion.
Reply Quote
TL maps pls
Reply Quote
guess i got some ladder points to burn... yikes.
Reply Quote
Grand Master here I come! hahahahaha
Reply Quote
we’ve been getting a lot of excellent feedback from you

What? I gave no such feedback... I've seen no such feedback given. Why the hell does it matter if the WCS and ladder seasons align? The WCS is a farce anyway... NASL got screwed over, MLG failed many times over. OSL and GSL got to alternate, but not the two major NA tournament runners? Blizzard shut down IGN Proleague and forbids any other tournaments to overlap WCS. Sorry, but dictating when and how long every tournament can be is hurting esports. And, on top of that, we are going to freaking have Koreans as every regional champion. If such was the case in Europe, then it is inevitable in America...
Reply Quote
What? I gave no such feedback... I've seen no such feedback given. Why the hell does it matter if the WCS and ladder seasons align? The WCS is a farce anyway... NASL got screwed over, MLG failed many times over. OSL and GSL got to alternate, but not the two major NA tournament runners? Blizzard shut down IGN Proleague and forbids any other tournaments to overlap WCS. Sorry, but dictating when and how long every tournament can be is hurting esports. And, on top of that, we are going to freaking have Koreans as every regional champion. If such was the case in Europe, then it is inevitable in America...

Blizzard didn't shut down IGN prologue, IGN shut it down because they are broke lol.
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
As usual I'm sad to see last season go, but excited to see the new maps that Blizzard plans to bring to the Ladder for next Season. So long as there is communication between whoever plans Ladder Maps and the 3 wings of the WCS, I expect to see similar if not identical map pools between WCS tournaments and the ladder. Of course, smaller tournaments that are made almost entirely from custom maps will provide fun alternatives to the "mainstream" of WCS!
Reply Quote
This is a pretty lame change. Planning a playing schedule and real life around a season schedule doesn't work if you change the season schedule so dramatically.
Reply Quote
Do we have a way to see when the league locks this season now?
Reply Quote
I guess they are trying to mix up GrandMasters or something?

This is just a weird schedule.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]