StarCraft® II

Protoss buff balance test map

This is why we'd much rather buff something on the Protoss that allows them to be more aggressive throughout the game rather than nerfing strong harass units like Medivacs.

What we'd like to first try is Warp Prisms starting off with the upgraded speed and getting rid of the speed upgrade.

Why not move it down to hatch tech, lol.

Medivacs are stupidly strong, and make the game exciting. Warp Prisms will be stupidly strong and make the game exciting. It's not like Protoss should ever want to do anything with the Robo Bay aside from research Thermal Lances for their OPlossus.

But I'm all for this. Zerg's crappy anti-air will be further revealed for what it is and maybe we'll get an Overlord transport buff to make the game more exciting.
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 5/28/2013 10:18 AM PDT
05/28/2013 10:10 AMPosted by CrazyBread
I still think this makes it stronger at what people already complain about it being strong as, but still doesn't fix its ability to be easily countered by static D, etc.

True it does, but it allows for easier micro where you can go in with the oracle, get a few kills, and get out before it dies.

Perhaps, an acceleration buff I believe would be more viable, though, if Oracle movement was buffed.
You could have an Unranked Test mode or something for the map ^ ^

Yes i agree that would be nice, either way, what have we : a map only played a few, with random level, which makes about X% of some of XXX matchs revelants... that seems a bit low to draw conclusions.
Please let overseers drop now as well. Zerg drops are near useless because OL are so slow.
But I'm all for this. Zerg's crappy anti-air will be further revealed for what it is and maybe we'll get an Overlord transport buff to make the game more exciting.

Warp Prisms are countered by Mutas more than Medivacs are.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing faster Ovie drops, either. Perhaps the speed and drop upgrade combined, with a bit more speed?
Edited by NinjaDuckBob on 5/28/2013 10:15 AM PDT
great idea blizzard, this would make all protoss mathups alot more interresting
Im all for more dynamic play but i dont wanna be forced to go muta every single game
Perhaps, an acceleration buff I believe would be more viable, though, if Oracle movement was buffed.

i agree i want to see acceleration changes.

pick an air unit that isn't getting enough use and buff its acceleration. can't hurt, right?
BC, carrier, corruptor, oracle, warp prism, mothership, whatever.
(edit and raven, i forgot it existed for a moment)

and pick ones that are overused, and nerf the acceleration. medivac, mutalisk, void ray.

what happens?
Edited by Oboeman on 5/28/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Wow, been a really long time since last toss buff. Well deserved, well needed, and clearly made by drunk man. Perfect!
Im all for more dynamic play but i dont wanna be forced to go muta every single game

I too am concerned about this

Because Mutalisks are the only units Zerg players ever want to make.
05/28/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Oboeman

i agree i want to see acceleration changes.

pick an air unit that isn't getting enough use and buff its acceleration. can't hurt, right?
BC, carrier, corruptor, oracle, warp prism, mothership, whatever.
(edit and raven, i forgot it existed for a moment)

and pick ones that are overused, and nerf the acceleration. medivac, mutalisk, void ray.

what happens?

Would be worth testing, IMO :-D
This isn't the right way to go. Speed prisms are hard to catch, which is fine late game but early game it is not. All these buffs to their air units of terran and toss, the least you can do is make fungal deal bonus to armored again, that way we have some form of AA against them.
What we'd like to first try is Warp Prisms starting off with the upgraded speed and getting rid of the speed upgrade. This will encourage Protoss to be more aggressive throughout the game from a much earlier point in time. We'd like to see what this change does and also would like to make sure it doesn't buff the all in rushes too much. Of course if this feels like a good direction after testing but feels like too big of a buff, we can also try a slightly increased movement speed on the unit while keeping the upgraded speed the same.

1) yes.

2) Where's the oracle love? T.T

3) WHERE'S THE NYDUS LOVE?!?! T.T
I made a thread quite a while ago, but it didn't get much attention. It had the same idea but was a little less drastic.

My idea was to move the speed upgrade to the cybernetics core so it can be available without colossus tech, and can research at the same time you are preparing for warp prism play.

It would require a robo to research probably (and it would make it more clear to new players what the upgrade is for). Air upgrades are on the cyrbernetics core so I don't see a huge problem with tacking on a different upgrade.

I'm all for this kind of change though. Deathball play has been the worst thing to watch since SC2 came out. Anything to push it away from that (and this suggestion does so even more than my idea would) would make this game a lot more fun to play/watch.
Why not move it down to hatch tech, lol.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing faster Ovie drops, either. Perhaps the speed and drop upgrade combined, with a bit more speed?

These two being combined would be nice. Maybe 150/150 for both. Also, shouldn't nydus at least be able to be cancelled.
05/28/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Reno

I too am concerned about this

Mutas will win the game if the Protoss commits to Robo.

05/28/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Fawxkitteh

Because Mutalisks are the only units Zerg players ever want to make.

Referring to anti-drop air-to-air. You're not gonna use Corrupters are you? Hydras can counter both, but it's harder for them to be in position because they're ground units. You can also at least Fungal Warp Prisms and the units they warp in due to the delays of mode-switching and warping in. The delays also give a little time for Hydras to get there. Medivacs don't have those delays.
Edited by NinjaDuckBob on 5/28/2013 10:25 AM PDT
I don't mind this change, but I'd REALLY love to see something done with z drops since the other two drops are being buffed.
it only helps protoss allins nothing else because u could affort the upgrade in late game and in mid game p cant affort a prism as the oh so strong 10min push of terran comes.
I dont think that too less allins are the proplem that the koreans protosses are adressing.
You can also at least Fungal Warp Prisms and the units they warp in due to the delays of mode-switching and warping in. The delays also give a little time for Hydras to get there. Medivacs don't have those delays.

You don't have delay yourself either. You can just drop normally and use the warp function in situations where you feel safe and to refill drops.

Not only that this change allows for even stronger all ins
Edited by Reno on 5/28/2013 10:33 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]