Try this way... It was done with no upgrades, and using only the tech path of the mission (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3881884388 -> original topic)
What did I do?
I got some tanks, turrets and bunkers on both sides. I filled the top with turrets, I got around 10 battlecruisers, placed around 5 SCVs in each side and in the artifact's highground, and left around 40 supply for marines to handle Kerrigan.
• Rebuild anything you lose and replace the death SCVs. That's elemental.
• The battlecruisers should Yamato the broodlords as soon as they appear.
• You can use the energy nova for free in one of the first 2 waves, then you should use it every time that Kerrigan appears to kill her escort. The last use should be before Kerrigan appears (around 92%). After it you should move all your units to the highground.
• You have to unsiege your tanks and spare all your units around your base when the overlords come.
• You have to place turrets and leave 1 or 2 battlecruisers at the back after the first Kerrigan attack.
• Never stop upgrading. I would get first the armor for air units (to survive the leviathan) and infantry (to last more against kerrigan), and the dmg for mech.
• If you have vikings, they may be more useful than the battlecruisers in this mission.
• Use the Psi disrupters. They will make you micro less, and increase the lifetime of your barricades. Don't place only one per side. Use several.
• Unsiege your tanks when broodlords get in range.
• Split the marines when facing Kerrigan in the third and the forth engages.
• After the third Kerrigan's approach, you have to save the energy of your battlecruisers. Right after the leviathan appears, get a good concave and mass yamato him. If you have vikings, killing it should be easier.
• Don't lose your Cruisers nor your tanks.
• Don't overcomit on tanks. 5 or 6 on each side are enough.
• There are some heavy waves. In order to hold them you have to pull all your tanks to one side.
• When you pull all your units to hold the last 10%, don't let the tanks sieged, and hold position with every unit. They have to dull the onslaught, not stop it.
• If you need a little extra time at the end to survive, pull your buildings and block everything. Some buildings can be used to "distract" Kerrigan making her follow them.
Edited by Cacho on 5/29/2013 8:50 AM PDT