Changing Colors/Models in Starcraft II Editor

Hello, I was trying to find out how to change the colors of certain units/models. For example, I wanted to make the minerals pink for my sister, and I found a command in data editor that said "Color" under "High Yield Mineral Field" model. I changed it to pink, but the High Yield Mineral Fields are still yellow/gold. Also, is there a way to change what the green race for example looks like. I remember in single player, the protoss mission where you had to rescue the Preservers from the hybrid, and in that mission, the green people looked really cool... but the point is, when they made that map they somehow changed the colors... so I looked at the data sets for that map, they changed the Lights Mar Sra and Zhakul'Das, Terrain Texture Sets Zhakul'Das (Jungle), and Water Template 1 and Zhakul'Das. But something tells me that none of those has to do with player colors...

Anyway, just in case you didn't understand that, I want to change the colors of players, like making minerals pink, or making the green race maybe green and red.
Thanks, Ryan
Reply Quote
I'm not being impatient by saying...
Bump
I just like saying
Bump
Reply Quote
Well, for the units in Zhakul, they are actually seperate models, not colors. Entirely seperate models. Insofar as changing the minerals to pink for your sis (awesome bro BTW), is there a tint function in the model or actor of the models? Color changes team ownership I believe.
Reply Quote
You can tint models by going into its Actor, opening the field Events-Events+, adding a new object with type "UnitBirth", and sub type as "Set tint color" (not exact wording iirc, but its obvious). Then you set the color.

Disclaimer: Minerals in specific are known to act strangely when edited and may not change at all. Why this happens, i do not know.

Also, the color field in the actor does absolutely nothing as far as i can tell.
Edited by Kazorgo on 10/25/2010 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The color tint in the actor makes the entire unit one color, I think he means changing parts of units. I would also like to know this.

Live for the swarm
Reply Quote
I know this threads been dead for a while, but I was trying to do something similar. Im just trying to take a map and change the color of the minerals and gas. I have found out how to change those, but what I cant change is the harvested piece. For example, my minerals are a glowing red color, but when harvested are still the normal blue color. (same with gas, it remains the green cube) I see that the model used for "carrying minerals" is Model [Assets\Buildings\Resources\Crystal\Crystal.m3] which remains blue even after I have the crystals changed to the color I want.

I understand that the model shown when the worker is carrying is its own model, but id like to be able to recolor that if possible. Does anyone know how to do this?
Reply Quote
I know this threads been dead for a while, but I was trying to do something similar. Im just trying to take a map and change the color of the minerals and gas. I have found out how to change those, but what I cant change is the harvested piece. For example, my minerals are a glowing red color, but when harvested are still the normal blue color. (same with gas, it remains the green cube) I see that the model used for "carrying minerals" is Model [Assets\Buildings\Resources\Crystal\Crystal.m3] which remains blue even after I have the crystals changed to the color I want.

I understand that the model shown when the worker is carrying is its own model, but id like to be able to recolor that if possible. Does anyone know how to do this?
Reply Quote
Tinting screws with teamcolor.

I have a video guide on brokenalliances.com on how to change the colorr without screwing with teamcolor.
Reply Quote
Link??
Reply Quote
Wow... I know this is a necro'd Thread, but I see it pointless for me not to provide an answer,

Okay for the minerals, The minerals wont change unless you go into the actor, and then in Events+ Look for a feild that says something like, Actor Creation, Model setting is high, model swap to Mineral High or something like that, Then there you go, WHat it does is when someone is on higher settings it swaps the model to a different model, so delete that, then your fine...

Tinting doesnt change the color, but rather throws another color on top of the other ones, so they dont mix, Think of the Tassadar Glow, its kinda like that, but not bright :P so the team color will still be there. I would suggest Re-Texturing the unit instead though as I do for mine.
Reply Quote
Hail shadowwolf
Reply Quote
Developer
Moved thread to the Data editor forum
Reply Quote
btw ejaMakha, I was just fooling around somewhere under actors or abilities, and I found something that was called (carried mineral - colors) or something. Not sure what it was but I think it's worth checking out.
Edited by ChimmiChonga on 9/20/2013 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]