StarCraft® II

Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 25)

06/27/2013 08:20 PMPosted by smylez
Out of curiosity for those of you who DM, do you determine the success of an action based on a die roll or is it arbitrary?

I tend to not use it. People get bad streaks too often.
06/27/2013 08:20 PMPosted by smylez
do you determine the success of an action based on a die roll or is it arbitrary?

I base it off realisticness and character skill.

On topic: I actually think we should clean the slate completely. Wipe everything away except pure Starcraft lore. Then we can rebuild if we really need to.

Honestly though, I don't think this declaration will change anything. The same people will just make the same stuff over again.
06/27/2013 08:24 PMPosted by ThaneKrios
Honestly though, I don't think this declaration will change anything. The same people will just make the same stuff over again.

True, I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of Stefan... The guy's simply too much fun. But the key point is that we don't get bogged down in all the convoluted lore that we've made. If people want to bring things back, that's fine. But a clean slate will allow people to avoid some of the mistakes and unnecessary complications that we currently have to deal with.
I slap Thane upside the head, my revolver in it's holster. "We're still gonna have RPer lore, it's always spawned by places like this. However, we work on it and edit it and it'll get better."
War, I remember when you had the exact same Stefan in every RP yet different Stefan. :P
@Zarkun:
My point exactly, just less violent.

@CR:
...Yeah.

That was before I really got his character figured out.
Edited by Warhawk on 6/27/2013 8:32 PM PDT
I just realized that virtually no Hybrid (besides mine in Snowbound, I don't think PKA had any) actually made an appearance in a RP.

Damn, they are underrepresented.

EDIT:

There was text adventure KO made about hybrids but that didn't make it past 1 thread...
Edited by smylez on 6/27/2013 8:34 PM PDT
That's because Hybrids are OP. kinda hard to make them fit in anyways.
War, but in the right RP, they can flourish.
06/27/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Warhawk
Hybrids are OP.

Yea, they look like chumps compared to the custom lore people made.
Smylez, you are forgetting that back then Knarled still had ze curse!
*thunder and lightning are crackling in the background as it darkens suddenly*
LOL, you got a point there.
The curse may have afflicted Templar too since he didn't tell me what his goals were before he went on his ridiculously long break. I'm just stalling for time at the moment as temporarily DM with my rather schizo posts. The RP will take another path, one that may not fit his vision if KO doesn't show up soon. Three more days.

Thank the stars for me and it fits the new slate too!

06/27/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Warhawk
LOL, you got a point there.

My point about the custom lore?

WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WAITING FOR AN EDIT?! WHICH GENIUS HAD THIS IDEA?
Edited by smylez on 6/27/2013 8:42 PM PDT
*I whisper into smylez's ear or what I believe to be an ear*
You could always... make them all fight a Hybrid or two in the Temple.
*another flash of lightning and thunder as I grin evilly*

06/27/2013 08:41 PMPosted by smylez
WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WAITING FOR AN EDIT?! WHICH GENIUS HAD THIS IDEA?

Blizzard.

._.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 6/27/2013 8:44 PM PDT
*I whisper into smylez's ear or what I believe to be an ear*
You could always... make them all fight a Hybrid or two in the Temple.
*another flash of lightning and thunder as I grin evilly*

I got grander ideas than that should the Roach be on extended leave.
I kindve want to reuse Destron, the Jukalisk, Scylla, and Jen. I'm fond of these characters. But yes RPer lore has become Overwhelming.
Scylla perhaps... Jukaliks... no... Jen... no... If anything, Jen would just be a gestalt. :/
I'm sure you can "reboot" your characters with a new slate and have them follow a more grounded version of SC lore. Although Zerg characters are harder to personalize given their nature.

The jukalisk probably won't make the cut unless it's mind controlled by a Terran DJ?
06/27/2013 08:49 PMPosted by smylez
The jukalisk probably won't make the cut unless it's mind controlled by a Terran DJ?
*A wild Dance Dance Revolution party shows up. The dancer is making a challenge to whoever can do Funky Town the best*
*super sadface*

No Jukalisk, THE WORLD"S GONE MAD!!!!!!

But seriously I like jen :( Probably one of my favorite characters. Genius idea PKA 3!!!!!
Edited by MechaGhidrah on 6/27/2013 9:00 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]