StarCraft® II

Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 25)

"I tend to walk upwards of four kilometers a day, a bonus of being a recovering autophobic. And I don't try to find this crap, because it likes to find me."

I frown at the acronym, and pull out a small device. Tapping away, my face scrunches up upon it displaying the results.

"Well, that was a waste of a websearch. Excuse me while I try to get my eyes readjusted to normal, human colors and proper anatomies." I say, pawing at my bleeding sockets.
07/02/2013 05:56 PMPosted by morrjo
And I don't try to find this crap, because it likes to find me.

Said no one ever.
"Said by me. Followed by one word that explains it all: Sister."
Hey, you searched for it in xyz engine. Therefore, you made an attempt to find it.

Brilliant logic.

/win

07/02/2013 06:00 PMPosted by morrjo
Sister

Unclear. Am I your sister?
"However, you were the one to originally post it here, as you brought it to the table for exposure. If it were not for you bringing it here and showcasing it to me, I would have not searched for it and fell for humanity's natural impulse of suicidal curiosity. I merely pulled a natural knee-jerk reaction and attempted to fill a hole in knowledge. I do not go out and search for this stuff, it finds me and implores a reaction drilled into me by instinct. Though I may be at fault for attacking it with a search engine, I was not the one to bring it forth but another who fed it to my mind. Counter, do not assume a win without a perfect checkmate."

A pause to catch my breath.

"No, but my sister's a pretty nasty troll on her own. I'd say a rough fifth of my mental scars are from her."

*shudder*
Morrjo... I must ask... What exactly did you see?
I turn my head away from Thane. Sometimes, its better not to let people see you red in the face. Or green, for that matter.

"Sometimes... Sometimes its just better not to ask."
"But yer making a huge fuss of it. Someone was bound to ask." I remark, examining the shell-shocked Morrjo. "And was it reaaally that bad, or are you overreacting just a liiiitttle bit.
"'Tis more of clusterscrew of a dozen and a half things. When you have enough tabs open to almost need to borrow computing time from a CRAY, those nasty things stay open for just too long. Going on link hikes brings up some rather weird stuff, and it all just kinda compounds until I break into slightly mad laughter."

I shrug.

"Could be worse. Could've stumbled on a new shock site."
"However, you were the one to originally post it here, as you brought it to the table for exposure. If it were not for you bringing it here and showcasing it to me, I would have not searched for it and fell for humanity's natural impulse of suicidal curiosity. I merely pulled a natural knee-jerk reaction and attempted to fill a hole in knowledge. I do not go out and search for this stuff, it finds me and implores a reaction drilled into me by instinct. Though I may be at fault for attacking it with a search engine, I was not the one to bring it forth but another who fed it to my mind. Counter, do not assume a win without a perfect checkmate."

A pause to catch my breath.

"No, but my sister's a pretty nasty troll on her own. I'd say a rough fifth of my mental scars are from her."

*shudder*

Short version can be summed up as such:

"My sister and I looked up naughty things in the interwebz. It is thanks to my sister's intellectual curiosity that I've found new experiences and I am ever thankful for it because I can't get it out of my mind."
I light the straw man on fire.

"It is as I said it was. And I need to update my hosts file to nuke things before I click them. Its a raw text file that's about seven megabytes in size now? Does wonders at nuking adverts and popups. Still not enough yet."
07/02/2013 07:13 PMPosted by morrjo
I light the straw man on fire.

What a delusional person. There isn't a scarecrow in sight.

07/02/2013 07:13 PMPosted by morrjo
"It is as I said it was. And I need to update my hosts file to nuke things before I click them. Its a raw text file that's about seven megabytes in size now? Does wonders at nuking adverts and popups. Still not enough yet."

Download more RAM.
On a serious note, I will be away for 3-4 days starting on 7/04/13.
"I know when I'm being baited. Besides, I've got to step out."

I stand and toss Jester a Triridium coin. "Should be enough for any and all drinks up until now. Nice compressed alloy of Platinum, Iridium and Titanium, worth a fair bit in a small package. I need my sleep for tomorrow"

I pause, a saddened look coming on my face.

"I have some oral surgery coming up, and it may impact my ability to talk to you guys. I really don't like the idea of taking pain medications, but it could get in the way of my typing. If I seem less than lucid after this, smack me. Its probably the medication talking."

I tear a black rift in the air, a fingernail-turned-talon doing the deed. With a wave, I leave the bar behind. For now.
07/02/2013 07:17 PMPosted by smylez
On a serious note, I will be away for 3-4 days starting on 7/04/13.
Maybe Knarled will be back for Templar by then...
lololol.

He's back, he's just waiting for me to finish the dungeon.

Although I really hope he can post a time tomorrow when he can get on the game so we can talk before I go.
Good grief.

It's times like these when I wonder whether the memory erasing effects of the alcohol here are strong enough to counteract the memories acquired here.

On a more serious note: I apologize for being unable to coordinate a good time to communicate through the game, Smylez. My schedule is... unpredictable.

Prismatic Void, please.
Edited by KnarledOne on 7/4/2013 7:26 AM PDT
I mix up and slide a Prismatc Void down toward KO. "Welcome back."
*snags the drink and gulps it*

And speaking of being back, it is good to be so.
Must... Fill... THread!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]