StarCraft® II

Call to Action: May 30 Balance Testing

Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We’ve just published a custom version of Derelict Watcher, called "Derelict Watcher TE (2.0.8 Balance v1.0)", in which we’re testing small balance changes to StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. Our plan is to first consider the changes below, and potentially test additional changes after reviewing your feedback. Here’s what we're testing:

Protoss

Warp Prism
  • The Gravitic Drive upgrade has been removed from the Robotics Bay.
  • Movement speed increased from 2.5 to 3.375.
  • Acceleration increased from 2.125 to 3.25.

If you’re interested in the reasoning behind these changes, you can check out this forum post recently made by David Kim and the StarCraft II Balance Team. Thank you once again for your continued feedback and support. We kindly ask that you take your time to play plenty of games on the balance test map before offering your thoughts on the changes above.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
Improve Z drops when you're done. We don't want to be the only race left out of the fun.
Reply Quote
One post in and the whining has begun. Success.
Reply Quote
this is a !@#$ing stupid change. Rather than just remove the upgrade and give it for free to the warp prism, combine the speed upgrades of the warp prism, and the obs. This will make it so a warp prism is stupid fast right out of the gate, and it will help protoss players with scouting because their observers will be speedy.
Reply Quote
Improve Z drops when you're done. We don't want to be the only race left out of the fun.

Or nydus!
Reply Quote
I DEMAND VIDEOS OF COLOSSUS DROP PLAY
Reply Quote
Nothing Terran can build can catch them now. This will lead to problems. Potentially game breaking in TvP.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I like how you have been slow on the balance changes and letting the meta evolve by itself. I'm looking forward to playing on this map. Thanks for making this game so wonderful. Also I would like to point this out to everybody.

05/30/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Spyrian
We kindly ask that you take your time to play plenty of games on the balance test map before offering your thoughts on the changes above.

Don't knock it until you try it!!
Reply Quote
im curious how much this will improve immortal drops, particularly in zvp.
Reply Quote
Nerf Widow Mines. The splash is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
I'm not opposed to buffing Protoss, everyone knows that they struggle at the top level, but if this allows Protoss to be more mobile, wouldn't you at least have to nerf the cost of DTs? Right now it almost feels like they're getting them for free, and with the mobility buff, they could become very frustrating to deal with.
Edited by thePlease on 5/30/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Will try when I get off work today :D
Reply Quote
05/30/2013 02:01 PMPosted by KillerofGods
We kindly ask that you take your time to play plenty of games on the balance test map before offering your thoughts on the changes above.

Sadly many people don't do this.
Reply Quote
-- will insert zerg whining later --
Reply Quote
05/30/2013 02:00 PMPosted by fierywinds

Or nydus!

THIS. SERIOUSLY, BLIZZ. Zerg has no viable means of army transportation. Yes, it's overall the most mobile, but the fact that zerg inherently needs to cover MORE ground and have MORE bases relative to the other races to actually stay in the fight, the mobility is just balanced out. If zerg units WEREN'T overall more mobile, how in the hell could you expect us to engage properly and/or flank etc? Zerg drops are slower and clunkier than any other means of attack in the game (with the exception maybe of a traditional leapfrog tank push), and nydus is one or a combination of the following: a) too fragile; b) too slow to enter/exit; c) far too costly considering the high risk it holds of being easily and 100% shut down.
Edited by Omicron on 5/30/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Zerg has the fastest air units as well as the fastest land units.
Reply Quote
Go Protoss! Stop sucking at the game I want a challenge not just having 1/3 of my games EZ mode.
Reply Quote
Nerf Widow Mines. The splash is ridiculous.

Blizzard likes babysitting terrans. If they did this, too many terran tears will flow. It will flood the servers the world over.
Reply Quote
Now to see if I can deal with this as mech :/
Reply Quote
why mimic the medivac? come up with somthing original bliz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]