StarCraft® II

Call to Action: May 30 Balance Testing

why mimic the medivac? come up with somthing original bliz

Are you saying ignite afterburners wasn't original?
Reply Quote
I wish there is league match making, because if I want to test it ( BTW I'm gold) then I might face a diamond or platinum, and lose anyway regardless of the fastprism. Or, a plat. protoss wins against a gold zerg and the gold zerg calls OP even though the gold zerg would've lost anyway.
Reply Quote
Zerg has the fastest air units as well as the fastest land units.

Stop spreading misinformation. If you are thinking 'muta', think 'phoenix'.
Reply Quote
You guys are absolutely insane, buffing Protoss.

Already they have the most all-ins, early pressure, "if you don't scout this exactly and defend this perfectly you will lose" options of any race. They're safe as Ft Knox early game, impossible to pressure, etc... and yet you want to give them more options.
Reply Quote
05/30/2013 02:00 PMPosted by fierywinds
Improve Z drops when you're done. We don't want to be the only race left out of the fun.

Or nydus!

I agree that Blizzard should revisit nydas networks. This change though might be too big for a patch and may have to wait for legacy of the void.
Reply Quote
Nothing Terran can build can catch them now. This will lead to problems. Potentially game breaking in TvP.

you fill a medivac with marines and boost after the warp prism.
Reply Quote
Be cool to have something to increase the speed of warpins insted.
Reply Quote
05/30/2013 03:00 PMPosted by AcE
Nothing Terran can build can catch them now. This will lead to problems. Potentially game breaking in TvP.

you fill a medivac with marines and boost after the warp prism.

Yeah that way you can do 40 shield damage to the prism. Then the warp prism swings back into your base while boost is on CD and you lose 12 SCVs to warp ins while your medi derps back to your base in time to get sniped by stalkers.
Reply Quote
why mimic the medivac? come up with somthing original bliz

This isn't really what they did with the medic. Actually, it's a lot closer to the mirror of a nerf to the medic.

Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.

Was the nerf in early wings... pretty damn close to what we're bout to see today.

I'm really not sure what mix in the mech terrans arsenal would be best at dealing with such a fast drop unit with as much hp as it has.
Reply Quote
Good.
Reply Quote
Feels like some of you are acting as if speed Prisms is new. - This just means we can have them sooner. So the discussion shouldn't be based on the tech, but on the timing.
The effect will have sudden impact on ZvP, as warp-prisms is in frequent use - especially in timing attacks and all-ins.
TvP will have a delayed effect; as warp-prism play isn't as embedded in most PvT builds.
I think this buff is in the right direction and is very interesting to watch. - Game-breaking? I hope not, because I want to see more prisms :).
Reply Quote

Um medivacs with boosters are even faster, so ssshhh
Reply Quote
Yeah we really need that buff. Like really. I have been playing alot lately and have noticed a pattern in PvT. If I dont oracle or DT I cant really do anything vs most things that terran throws at you. Which is kinda bad because both are so gas intensive and are not very cost efficient if the terran has even a little defence in place. I think this buff would help immensely.
Edited by lllIIIlIlI on 5/30/2013 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Developer
FYI like we said before, this is not yet a final change that we're absolutely going with. A lot of comments/feedback we're seeing in various forums are phrased as though this change will go in for certain, so I just wanted to clarify that once more.

If Protoss does turn out to be weak, testing this buff will allow us to react to that situation more quickly than in the past. We already know a bit what the previously tested Oracle changes do. We want to test this other change so that we can make the right fix if we find a change is needed.

The best feedback for us comes from players who take the time to actually playtest the change and base their judgments on that. Thank you so much as always.
Reply Quote
Stay sexie Dayvie
Reply Quote
Interesting change, Protoss is a little UP right now in Pro level but not by much, let's see how this turns out.

Already I can tell it's going to make templar drop + storm very good vs terran

and stronger immortal sentry all-in in pvz (Immortal juggle when they are focused fired)

and perhaps some fast colosus drop harass build

Plus better protoss late game zealot harass.

This change also make protoss more interesting to play with encouraged drop play and multi-prong attack
Edited by llllllllllll on 5/30/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
FYI like we said before, this is not yet a final change that we're absolutely going with. A lot of comments/feedback we're seeing in various forums are phrased as though this change will go in for certain, so I just wanted to clarify that once more.

If Protoss does turn out to be weak, testing this buff will allow us to react to that situation more quickly than in the past. We already know a bit what the previously tested Oracle changes do. We want to test this other change so that we can make the right fix if we find a change is needed.

The best feedback for us comes from players who take the time to actually playtest the change and base their judgments on that. Thank you so much as always.

I dont think a warpprism buff is really what protoss needs. They need a little bit of redesign on how the warpgate mechanic works because protoss is mostly all in or deathball. It does give them some more aggression. But it doesnt change the fact that gateway units are weak in comparison to terran and zergs tier 1 and relies on spell casters like sentries.

Its probably too late for a change like that now. Legacy of the void perhaps? Or perhaps Im wrong and this is just what protoss needs, we shall see.
Edited by Zerglor on 5/30/2013 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Its probably too late for a change like that now. Legacy of the void perhaps? Or perhaps I'm wrong and this is just what protoss needs, we shall see.

I remember how people were saying during the beta how the game was broken and blizzard needs to redesign everything and delay the beta and look how our current balance is. Its pretty even all around. (Could use some tweaking here and there but still balance so far is looking good at least percentage wise.)

Don't underestimate blizzard they do their jobs well its just sometimes the act a little too fast or a little too slow trying to please their customers but in the end everything always works out.
Reply Quote
Removing Gravitic Drive completely seems too powerful for how early you'll have it now. Everyone will just Proxy Robo, and it will be like Protoss having Afterburner Medivacs at 6:15. (Especially problematic in PvZ/PvP.)

My first opinion is if testing this change does not achieve the results you'd hoped, maybe try another balance map with Gravitic Drive moved to the Cybernetics Core.
Speed Prisms would not be able to come until after Warp Gate is researched, but still would work for earlier HT, DT or Immortal drops. (Hallucination used to be on the Cyber Core, so why not?)
Offering more flexibility in builds without breaking Prisms so they're used all the time seems like a reasonable direction. Medivacs or even Mutas are an example of what can happen if you give a buff that is stronger than every other option. They will eventually become the go-to build. (Making Afterburners cost about 10-15 Energy, and Muta Regen Rate to 1HP/2sec, would help reliance on these units.)

I will edit this post once I try out these changes on the balance map, I just wanted to offer my initial reaction. So don't take this as advice from someone who has tested this (yet).
Hopefully I'm wrong, and this isn't as strong as it seems. If it ends up that way though, please consider moving Gravitic Drive to Cyber Core.. and maybe buff Oracle speed to 4, keep Accel at 2. (Still slow to get away, but can escape Mutas.) I would love if players had a reason to try Oracles in more builds.
I will certainly have fun trying this one out! Even if it's too strong, it's going to be fun to watch Zergs try to keep up before lair. I'll try and remember to come back and offer my opinion after testing, although I will probably only be proxy-roboing.. not sure how valuable that will be. :)

EDIT: First try, I lost.. mainly because I realize I'm very out of practice with warp prisms. I see a lot of potential to exploit it though. My main problem is I end up throwing away too many units on early warpins, then they just go attack me. I can get a few drone kills at each base, but that's about it. Using two prisms with Immortal/2-Sentrys is tough, takes a lot of micro to avoid the Queens/Roaches. I was able to kill some drones and a queen, but not any hatches. I think if I add Mothership Core it'll be deadly.

I am thinking at lower levels this will be a fine change, but at higher levels where they have micro far better than mine (thinking HerO) it will be almost impossible to stop early. Spores/Queens will be necessary. I am going to try Fast Storm drops next, and then Fast DT drops. I think these can be a lot more powerful. My fast Immortal drop timing/micro wasn't too good, but I think if I get better at it, I feel like it will be hard for any Zerg to stop.
Edited by AeoN on 5/30/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]