StarCraft® II

Easy Brutal? - Trigger Analysis and Beyond

Yes, that's what I meant, for casual damage, I don't want you to get your panties into a twist by looking at weapon damage like you did for hard/brutal.
Reply Quote
- SCII Technical Support
Ah. I see. I'm still up in the air about doing the casual. perhaps. Hopefully it will use yamato on casual.
Edited by Leviathan on 6/2/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
50% extra damage taken would make brutal purty darn tough. =P

But I did notice that enemies did more damage than their listed amount to Kerrigan as I played through brutal. You can see the white damage numbers pop up on her portrait every time she gets hit, and it did seem about 25%ish more damage.
Reply Quote
I hate the fact that if you re-start the campaign, your mission completion timers get reset for all difficulties.

Anyway, I started the game on Hard.

when I re-played the game on Brutal, in about half of all the levels I actually completed Brutal difficulty in less time than the Hard difficulty.

In some cases, when I re-played Hard, on the third play through, I was unable to beat my Brutal difficulty timing.

Over all, HotS is about 2 difficulty levels easier than WoL, which is to say HotS Brutal is about as easy as Normal on Wings of Liberty, and I'm not even good with the Zerg in Starcraft 2.
Reply Quote
I hate the fact that if you re-start the campaign, your mission completion timers get reset for all difficulties.

Anyway, I started the game on Hard.

when I re-played the game on Brutal, in about half of all the levels I actually completed Brutal difficulty in less time than the Hard difficulty.

In some cases, when I re-played Hard, on the third play through, I was unable to beat my Brutal difficulty timing.

Over all, HotS is about 2 difficulty levels easier than WoL, which is to say HotS Brutal is about as easy as Normal on Wings of Liberty, and I'm not even good with the Zerg in Starcraft 2.

Umm, no.

WoL brutal was painfully easy, I have done all but All-in, and I have found each and EVERY mission to be easy.
Reply Quote
nd I'm not even good with the Zerg in Starcraft 2.

You are probably very bad with terran if you think that WoL brutal was hard (except for All-in air, d'uh).
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 08:12 AMPosted by lolfail
nd I'm not even good with the Zerg in Starcraft 2.

You are probably very bad with terran if you think that WoL brutal was hard (except for All-in air, d'uh).

I used to think all-in (air) was hard until I decided to mind control mutalisks as well. Surprisingly, you still have enough energy to get the brood lords.

However, i did feel that HotS was quite a bit easier than WoL.
Edited by Brathearon on 6/12/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I used to think all-in (air) was hard until I decided to mind control mutalisks as well. Surprisingly, you still have enough energy to get the brood lords.

Last time i tried all-in air was when i was in bronze on EU as zerg :D. Could feel easier now, but i am too lazy to keep up with all the waves of units. (+ MC towers run out of energy too fast T_T)

However, i did feel that HotS was quite a bit easier than WoL.

True that, but not more than on 1 level of difficulty
Reply Quote
06/13/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Bowser
Id have to say I noticed the same thing. I assumed though it was because of a lot of Kerrigan skill imbalances. I could practically solo Brutal missions with kerrigan.

i believe that is the heart of the issue. Kerrigan needed to feel like she was becoming more powerful. If her progress wasnt significant enough, it wouldnt feel right.

However, on the other hand, if blizzard were to balance the difficulty almost sole-ly on this one unit, every single other unit would probably feel useless, and people would probably look to guides, and cookie cutter evolutions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]