StarCraft® II

that thread

The one that got deleted, some people who check this part of the forums will know what im talking about. That was an entertaining and informative thread. Why is it all the good threads go up in smoke? Its almost as if blizzard thought that people are to immature to handle certain topics . . . like free will and other things. . .
Reply Quote
A lot of people are too intellectually immature to handle topics which challenge any faith positions they hold.

Myself; I'm of the mindset 'bring it on.'

If anybody can demonstrate I hold a position which is not supported by evidence, my reaction is simply to abandon that position.

I really don't like Blizzard's moderation or forum policies. Sure, they're their forums and thus their policies to set, but they don't foster a sense of community.

Community is necessarily fostered through discussions which are off-topic. By all means moderate for wharrgarbl, and redact parts of it which violate good-decorum policy - threats, and whatnot - but this modern attempt to quash all disagreement on serious topics as 'bad' is ridiculous.

Disagreement is fantastic. It's how we move forward.

I argue a lot, it's sort of a hobby for me. The people I respect most on these forums are people who I don't necessarily agree with, but who can hold up their end of an argument, and do so with erudition.
Edited by Hylozoist on 6/4/2013 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just follow my gut (or my intuition) and make educated guesses in all things. I know no-things, I simply have strong suspicions of many-things.
and its ironic because blizzard would disagree about disagreement being good, however would not be able to actually say so with it being hypocritical. Funny how that works.
Anyway yes disagreement is the best way to learn.
Edited by Necromaster on 6/6/2013 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Hylozoist
Disagreement is fantastic. It's how we move forward.

This gets to the point.
06/04/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Hylozoist
I argue a lot, it's sort of a hobby for me. The people I respect most on these forums are people who I don't necessarily agree with, but who can hold up their end of an argument, and do so with erudition

I'm not going to look up what that last word means, but I think I agree with you.
06/06/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Necromaster
I know no-things, I simply have strong suspicions of many-things.

The way I've thought about my own understandings before is that I take a concept, guess whether it's right or not, doing this all the time for different things at a very rapid pace, and sort of taking mental tallies of anything that's important enough to bring into my line of thought multiple times, and base my overall confidence in the concept upon this tally.

I think I know that thread.

BTW, I haven't been around in a while because I don't like Zerg and there isn't an overwhelming change to multiplayer (especially since I already got used to watching beta), so I sort of quit SC2 for a while, right now I'm playing World of Tanks. I'm also looking out for open betas for End of Nations and/or the new C&C.
Reply Quote
Off topic:
@Hylozoist
Does your username mean something? I mean, my name and necro's usernames have pretty commonly known meanings, so I was just wondering.
EDIT: I looked it up, and yes it does have a meaning.
Edited by Engineer on 6/17/2013 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah his name is ironic, as is mine. well atleast i know my name is ironic to me, and i feel like hyzologists name is ironic as well. Also i hate to burst your bubble but while there have been many threads of similar content made, then deleted, i dont think you saw the particular one mentioned above, by me. Cause if you had you would have posted something it was quite the party.
Reply Quote
Off topic:
@Hylozoist
Does your username mean something? I mean, my name and necro's usernames have pretty commonly known meanings, so I was just wondering.
EDIT: I looked it up, and yes it does have a meaning.

Hylozoism is the theory that all matter has the potential to come alive. It's a pretty silly, and long debunked theory.

Hylozoist, however, is the name taken by a ship in Iain Banks' Culture series, which is one of my favourite book series.

The Ex-LOU Hylozoist; LOUs are small dedicated warships, and the Hylozoist was part of a group of ships which combated outbreaks of Smart Matter - self-replicating machines.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]