The Gate Project II

Unidentified aliens that may or may not be hostile have been encountered by an SG team. One member has gone MIA, one made it back and the third has been taken by the aliens. Rave, Blake and Alvara have been dispatched to find and hopefully, rescue and then return the missing expedition members. Personnel will soon be tested for the gene required to fly the Gate Ships. Irroan has apparently fallen into a coma and is currently in the medbay on ancient life support systems. small groups have begun further exploration of the city but beyond the main tower it seems mostly to be quarters and labs.

PRP and sign up: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8920162080?page=1#1
Character Sheet:
^Caprindo^
Name: Enifin Shargage
Race: Human
Skill Set: Herbalist, Genealogist, Bladesman
Abilities: Blade Dance, Herb Lore, Pestle-Hilt, Herbal Modification
Appearance: Soft green eyes, black hair with some white showing through. Hard face, although the mouth is capable of making it seem softer.
Equipment: Strengthened swords, Strengthened Knife, Several pouches, gauntlet, breath mask, mortar (Medical version), Water purifier, Scalpel, 5 pairs of clothes, all camoflague for different terrain.

^Dacder^
Name:Alvara Simunga
Race: Terran/Human
Skill Sets: Assault Trooper
Abilities: Adrenaline Rush, Sprinter, Low Profile
Appearance: 5'5, 115 pounds, hazel eyes, light brown hair halfway down back, lithe and athletic build.
Equipment: Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Grenades, Smoke Grenades, Specialized armor excelling in agility but mediocre in protection, Long knife for emergencies.

^Galvian^
Name: Irroan
Race: Terran
Skill Set(s) and/or primary field(s) of training: Vanguard, Universe level cooking, Expert marksman, Expert level CQC, Proficient with all forms of weaponry, Utility, Standard Combat First Aid, Standard Field Combat Repair
Abilities: Relentless Assault, Rites of War, Indomitable Presence, Last Bastion
Appearance: 5'11 Asian skin tone and facial features, well toned musculature, square scarred face with an appearance of twice his age. You can see his underarmor slightly underneath his skin with appears to be pockets of receivers inbedded into his body, his armor give him an extra 5 inches of height.
Equipment: Scarred MHI Rifle, 2 Combat knives, Underarmor, Full suit of battered and faded blue body armor, Grenade belt, Assorted Space Spices, Liquid Purifier, Assorted simple field repair equipment

^LeKroger^
Name: Jerrold Freidman
Skill sets: Survival expert, Master hunter, Proficient with modern fire arms as well as a longsword and axe.
Abilities: Hardy constitution, Marksman's focus, Winter native
Appearance: Wild looking man with a large brown beard that is braided slightly. His hair is neck length brown and rather unkempt. His eyes are a bright blue. He stands at about 6'4" weighs 230 pounds, and mostly muscle at that, and wears a chainmail armor that has been updated for the present times standard combat.
Equipment: B@satard sword, Hand axe, Needle Rifle. Modified chainmail style armor. Basic survival equipment (Tinder box, fishing line with hooks, flint and steel, distress beacon), Shovel, large knife

^Jester^
Name: Feldraxium
Race: Protoss
Skill Set(s) and/or primary field(s) of training: Demolition, Psionics
Abilities: Scarab Volley, Psi-Explosion, Cybernetic Enhancement, Psi-Shield
Appearance: Standard Zealot with helmet covering all his head save for his psionic appendage. A robe covers the entire suit, colored white with symbols of both Protoss and Xel'naga origin.
Equipment: Scarab Launcher, Cybernetic-augmented Armor w/ shields, Psi-blades, Plasma Det-packs
Name: Sentry #193206
Race: Protoss (Machine)
Skill Set: Support
Abilities: Guardian Shield, Hallucination, Nano-Repair (Machines only), Forcefield
Appearance: Appears like the Nullifier
Equipment: Purifier Lightning Gun, Sentry-variant Support Drone

^ShadowFury^
Name: Mareesa
Race: Ral'zar
Skill Set: Gladiator, proficiency with mechanics, basic Ral'zar medical training
Abilities: Short-range warp, active cloaking, Battle Rage, Predator(passive).
Appearance: (See PRP)
Equipment: Lightning Spear, Abyss Blade, Blood Rifle
Name: AXeDD (Anti-Xeno Defense Droid) Mk. 1
Race: Terran Droid
Skill Set: Ranged Combat, melee abilities poor, grunt work.
Abilities: Plasma Cannon, Booster Pack, Energy Overload, Vacant Module
Appearance: (See PRP)
Equipment: Ionic Turret, Miniature Machine Turret, Photon Hand Blaster, Hand located Flamethrower, Chest located mini-missile cannon, HUD, Core Generator, Ability Based Equipment, Optical Camera

^smylez^
Name: James Anderson
Skill Set: reconnaissance, general purpose infantry, mobile infantry
Equipment: C-8 Rifle, Dual Scythe Pistols, D-6 Grenades, G-4 Anti-personel mines, Stimpacks, Jetpack, Bailsong
Abilities: Pistolslinger, Fearless
Name: Edmond Jr. Van Lynn Hathway Baez
Skill Set: Chemist, Xeno-biologist and cataloger extraordinaire.
Abilities: Cower, Play dead, Misdirection, Volatile Compounds
Equipment: His data pad running on solar energy and vials on his belt. Also his brains and carries a pistol with a single bullet.

^Steelwolf^
Name Aya 'Lotus' Misoko Zareese
Skill set: Medical Doctor, Biologist and Botanist.
Abilities: Heal, Rapid Growth, Viral infection
Equipment : Bullpup, .45 cal Pistol, Stun Rod, ODST type of armor with medical symbol and extra pouches for gear.
Appearance- 5'3" earthy brown long hair hair and almond brown eyes, Small build but is pregnant so yeah and very bookish looking.

^TheLostMorph^
Name: Jack "Magneton" Zareese
Skill Set: Computer/Electronic Tech, Translation Expert, Novice pilot
Abilities: Polarity Shield, Electro-Magnetic sight, Electro-Magnetic manipulation, Master Hacker/Programmer
Physical Appearance: Well muscled but not overly so, 6' even, brown eyes, short cropped red hair,
Equipment: Magnum, Assault Rifle, combat knife, Personal computer

^Warhawk^
Name: Blake Ericson
Skill Sets: Marksmanship, Scouting, Advanced survival skills
Abilities: Snipe, Tracking, Stealth.
Appearance: 5' 10", A dour square face with a mat of jet black hair. Hard brown eyes and slightly tanned skin. Sturdily built and well muscled. 200 pounds and not a gram of excess fat.
Equipment: Basic military grade bio-enhancements, Sniper rifle, Magnum, 12" utility/combat knife, Solar body armor with energy weave suit, Compression ammo tooler, Rebreather, Optic visor, Extraneous gear.

^Zarkun^
Name: Rave
Race: Human
Skill Set: Advanced CQC training, Wilderness survival skills, Combat Lifesaver
Equipment: Shield blade, twin SMGs, Halo 4 Venator armor painted white and forest green
Appearance: 5'10", blue, spiky hair, ice blue eyes, 195 lbs, thin, but deceptively strong.
Abilities: Shield Bearer, Supressive Fire, Charge, Incindiary Rounds
NPC Character Sheet:
Name: Katniss Braun
Skill Set: Diplomat, Arbitrator, Expedition Leader
Abilities: N/A
Appearance: 5'6", slight build, lithe, semi athletic, shoulder length brown hair,
Equipment: service pistol, ghost like Hostile Environment Suit(no cloak), personal computer,

Name: Femiix
Race: Protoss
Skill Set: Lead scientist, Survivor, novice combatant, moderate psionic
Abilities: Psi-pulse, Technopath,
Appearance: 6'4", relatively slight build for a protoss
Equipment: modified zealot armor, single psi-blade

Name: Jamal Jones
Skill Set: Combat Veteran, Security Chief,
Abilities: N/A
Appearance: Bald, gruff, medium build, 6', well muscled
Equipment: Full set of body armor, Light Weight Machine Gun (LMG), combat knife, pistol
[Aya] Jack knew Aya was blind as a bat without her glasses. She still snored softly as she was dead asleep and would most likly stay asleep untill Jack was finished with his work.
As the portal evens out, I turn to the others, SMGs in hand. "Weapons drawn and ready the whole time. Clear?"
The Doc blinked a few times after he rematerialized at the other end of the gate. The gate was mounted on some sort of pedestal about five feet high with a set of stairs leading to the ground.

Or, more correctly, the street. The gate stood in the middle of what could have easily been a 24 lane highway. Enormous skyscrapers were lined up on both sides of the highway, and hover vehicles zoomed by on both sides.

The sky was blue, which suggested a planet covered mostly in water... or covered in a lot of something blue. "Wow."

"Jg'hok." The alien holding him said. The rest of the group turned to look at the doc.

The leader took several steps closer and peered intently at the doc, slitted eyes unblinking. "Wh'. Wuh. Wuhh'oh." The leader sounded almost like he was fiddling with pronunciation.

Well... Nothing to lose by trying to communicate. The doc pronounced it more slowly. "Waaahhhhooowww. Wow. It expresses amazement."

"Wahow." The leader repeated.

So far so good. Maybe some common ground like... the stargate. He pointed at it. "Stargate."

The leader turned to look. He looked back at the Doc. "Ahku'ki Chappa'ai."

The Doc nodded. "Ahkukey Chafuh-." Before he could finish, the alien who had been holding him threw him to the ground, and there was a sharp 'kish' as the leader activated his energy sword. He placed it just above the Doc's throat. "Ahku'ki Chappa'ai." The leader prompted.

He had probably mispronounced it in an insulting way. This could end very badly. Wait... there was a ceremony attached to the word 'stargate' with these aliens. Surely they couldn't expect him to remember it?

Except he did. Maybe he wasn't a dead man. Hopefully he wouldn't pronounce it wrong. With a silent plea to his memory he spoke. "Ahku'ki Chappa'ai. Ga'si vek'u Ahku'ki." He closed his eyes and waited to feel his head lopped off, but nothing happened.

"Woot woot woot woot. Ki'jeh neh shi'go." Said the alien who had 'laughed' before.
Looking at the portal suspiciously, I nod my head and raise my assault rifle.

"Clear, sir."
-A Protoss joins the current team, hoping to find Da'dor alive. Or confirm his death.-
"You have my blades. Let us proceed."
Edited by Zanon on 6/9/2013 3:10 PM PDT
IC:
I nod;
"Let's roll."
[Drone] The drone on Rave shoulder seems to buzz in agreement as it sat there.
Chuckling quietly at the wasp, I step into the gate, stepping out on the planet we'd cleared earlier that day and looking around. The sun had just set on this world, and so it was a new night, the smells of the day still lingering. "Move out and stay close. Sweeping pattern. Report anything amiss. Move." I move forward, SMGs sweeping the area in front of me.
IC:
Stepping through, I look around the surrounding woods, carefully searching for signs of a fight.
[Wild life] Three Rat like creatures stand up on their hind legs each had a piece of the scorpider in their mouth as they watched the team leave the portal. The rats can a coppery colored fur and their tails were furry unlike normal rats.

[Drone] The drone kept buzzing lightly as it walked around Rave shoulder seeming to look around.
The Protoss who accompanied you stiffens as soon as he walks through the gate. "Ta'dor is dead. I can feel his thoughts in the Kala."

He shakes his head. "We face a deadly foe... But he believed them to be honorable."
IC:
I snort, carefully searching the surrounding area, my magnum drawn;
"That's a letal mistake if I've ever heard one."
Edited by Warhawk on 6/9/2013 3:50 PM PDT
I glance back at the Protoss. "We'll see if we can't find where they fought. Maybe some clues there." I continue my sweep before stopping a little ways into the treeline, noting a small trail of clearly inhuman blood leading to the gate. "Looks like he wounded the one he fought."
"Should we follow it? Could lead to where they have them, could lead to a trap." I ask, looking over the blood, stopping as well.
"No, it only leads back to the gate. We've no idea where they jumped to." Looking closer, I furrow my brows behind my helmet. "Alvara, follow it away from the gate. See if you can find where Ta'dor and the xeno fought."
The Potoss shakes his head. "You misunderstand. Their leader faced him in single combat, using only his blade. Ta'dor died in honorable combat because the enemy was more skilled than he."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]