StarCraft® II

New Korhal Sky Island map issues – June 6

Community Manager
With the start of Season 4 on the StarCraft II ladder coming soon, we’ve published several new maps for you to enjoy, including Korhal Sky Island LE, a former OGN Proleague 1v1 map that you’ll see the best players in the world competing on in the World Championship Series.

At this time, Korhal Sky Island is exhibiting some behavior that players won’t expect:
  • The “Your Ranked Season Average” information on the Performance tab of the Score Screen does not show at the end of the game.
  • Play on this map does not count toward some economy, ranked/unranked, and melee combat achievements.
  • The “Surrender” button is a “Quit” button.

We’re working on solutions for all of the above, and we will fix them in a future patch. We decided that it was better to publish the map with a few issues now, so that everyone can enjoy playing it, as we don’t have any concerns that should affect gameplay, balance, or performance. And again, these are only issues with Korhal Sky Island. No other maps are affected.

As always, thank you for your patience and understanding, and we’ll see you on the ladder in 2013 Season 4!
Reply Quote
These look pretty interesting. Some subtle improvements to Newkirk, I've noticed.
Edited by Ezekiel on 6/6/2013 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not sure how I feel about removing the xel nagas on newkirk.
I think I like red city LE.
I've wanted Korhal Sky Island on the ladder for a while :)
overall I'm glad that theres a larger variety in the map pool.
Reply Quote
Please change lighting on Newkirk Presinct and Korhal Sky Island to standard ones from other ladder maps, right now those 2 maps are VERY BRIGHT, including light-grey zerg creep which looks worse and ugly.
Reply Quote
Akilon Wastes wasn't scrapped ?! Red City looks like it could be an interesting map though.
Reply Quote
including light-grey zerg creep which looks worse and ugly.

I actually like it more than purple mass of usual zerg creep :(
Reply Quote
Hey Blizzard while you're at it why don't you fix the Annhilators typo in the upcoming patch? Thank you for your wonderful cooperation and support.
Reply Quote
I understand Klontas but why remove Zerus? Was the win rate of certain races too high?
Reply Quote
I understand Klontas but why remove Zerus? Was the win rate of certain races too high?

Blizzard said they want to add variety to their map pool.
That and that I believe it was zerg favored(well, I'm not sure about that)
Reply Quote
Hey Blizzard while you're at it why don't you fix the Annhilators typo in the upcoming patch? Thank you for your wonderful cooperation and support.

That was never funny. While you're at it, use your free name change to become "AreYouReady".
Reply Quote
how does spawning work on this map? cross only?
Reply Quote
I always enjoy new maps.
Reply Quote
This probably won't be seen but whatever.

On Korhal Island I find there are a couple issues.
While I do like variety in the maps, this map is so different from the others that many players will put this map in the list of the ones they don't want to play on. I wish it could of been a more gradual change.

I also dont like the fact that there are no xel'naga towers on this map. I feel like that makes it a lot easier for armies to just walk across the map with out any risk of being seen except by well placed flying units, pylons, ground units, etc.

Finally, the double choke point.
I feel that the only way this could be made viable is by having the rocks be able to crush enemies as they come, I haven't fully tested it, so I'm not sure if that works, but that would be a great edition that some people could take advantage of.
Reply Quote
Personally I feel all the new maps are missing is a 3x5 meters "Terrans land here" sign; the space behind and to the sides of the mineral line is so ridiculously huge you could fit a dead whale, the remains of the apollo mission and the fat woman of the traveling circus, and still be able to drop troops. I for one hate the korhal island map due to it being ridiculously easy for terrans to drop troops either at my natural or my main (whichever one is less defended) and for zerg to just do speedling runbys and head straight to my mineral line with plenty of space for surrounding and running around, making me waste mining time.

Newkirk precint has so much wide open space terrans can drop a whole army behind your mineral line without you even noticing; and for those who will inevitably say "place the buildings more spread out", then i wouldn't be able to pull a photon overcharge without the drop being able to just stay out of range and snipe pylons and structures.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Has the map been fixed up of those erroneous behaviors?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]