StarCraft® II

Why Were Larva Injects Removed?

They make playing zerg in multiplayer possible, why not at least leave it as an option?
Reply Quote
Because from what I gathered about 70% of the people who played the campaign never actually play multiplayer. I know my dad plays my copy just for the campaign.

I think because the mechanic wasn't all that intuitive like most of Terran's mechanics (where the more complex parts like MULEing were reserved for late in the game and optional), so they just let you have all the larva at start.
Reply Quote
Because spawn larvae is what makes me consider protoss to be the new zerg?
Warp in > spawn larvae.

Also if it was a mandatory mechanic like it is in multiplayer I would've had to have played with cheats on and call it "balanced" or a 1/10 game.
Reply Quote
It wasn't needed. Inject Larva was automatically applied to the hatcheries to instantly spawn up to 6 Larva instead of the traditional 3.
Reply Quote
You treat people like an idiot, they stay a idiot. You treat them with respect and they give respect back.

They had a entire mission dedicated to teaching you how to start a Zerg base.

Lazy Zagara/Izsha could of had a entire 3 lines of dialogue showing you (With a cutscene) on how to click a Broodmother, click the "Larva Inject" and target the Hatchery.

One HUGE downside I see to their philosophy is that it greatly discourages players from playing Multiplayer Zerg. This is something absolutely true for me, because Larva Injects was just imposing for me at the time. Thankfully I've gotten a little better at managing my Injects, but practicing it in the Campaign could of made me a much better starting ZvZ/T/P player.

And ok, say it's to hard for players to "understand". Have a tech tree talent for Kerrigan that you can have the automatic increased Larva production but at a slower rate. Or you can give the Broodmother's the ability to do it, making your Larva count much more efficient while at the same time increasing your APM if you wish to do so.
Reply Quote
Because from what I gathered about 70% of the people who played the campaign never actually play multiplayer. I know my dad plays my copy just for the campaign.

I think because the mechanic wasn't all that intuitive like most of Terran's mechanics (where the more complex parts like MULEing were reserved for late in the game and optional), so they just let you have all the larva at start.

I'm so sorry.

To the OP, its probably because you always had plenty of minerals to just mass hatcheries.
Reply Quote
I wondered the same thing. I consider the campaign to be an introduction to zerg play, but it falls way short. Queens are way fast movement wise in the campaign and I for one had them be a fair portion of my army composition since they auto transfuse. I also wondered why some units/abilities were missing.
Reply Quote
Because in the campaign they increase there spawn rate and the maximum how many spawn at once to 9, so really they don't really need the injects, i appreciated that cause it made the game less macro since the zerg require lots of it and not all players are used to zerg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]