StarCraft® II

Achievements and Portraits not loading

Why come to the conclusion that is the ISP? Hmmm it was working before the patch and suddenly lots of us are experiencing this issue post patch. I doubt that all different ISP suddenly started doing that invasive thing u say at the exact same time after the patch went live. If it was ISP , then this problem would have been present way before the patch. Thats wut I think. If u think of all the different ISP that must be involved in this issue I highly doubt that all of those ISP are doing the exact same invasive filtering that u are talking about, each and everyone of the ISP involved :S. Why until now ? Why all of a sudden this happen to all of us after the patch?
In my case I had my portrait and achieves before the patch , after the patch they were gone. Something changed or w/e after the patch maybe u guys havent taken into account yet, and yes I tried ur solutions already time, downloading those files etc etc..
Reply Quote
Xael, make sure you system time and date is set correctly, too. (Check the sticky for more details: <a href="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/933033480" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/933033480</a>)

Checked it against the Atomic Clock...spot on. I also tried running it as Adminstrator, but that didn't help either. Next?
Reply Quote
I have the same problem of the achievements and pictures but none of the above has served me. Today I told a friend who enter the starcraft 2 of my account on battle.net and it has served all but when I entered it again does not work anything.
Reply Quote
Yeah, the ISP route doesn't seem very plaussible for me, I believe there's something wrong with the battle.net servers; since the portraits/achivements data is actually in the computer at the moment of install, the one thing that gets downloaded is the "permit" to use them and display them, i.e. data wich tells the program which portraits/achivements you have unblocked.

So basically the problem imo seem to be a problem dowloading that data, wich in turn doesn't allow the game to display it or even acces it. Also, the fact that some peple here downloads corrupted data, while being on different ISP hints me to believe the problem lies within their servers rather than ISP blocking/dropping data.

Just my two cents.

Segfalt, I hope that my post about 20 tries updating the windows internet clock helps in narrowing it down this issue.
Reply Quote
i just hope they think of other solutions and dont put all their eggs on the ISP basket.
Dont get me wrong im happy they are trying to fix this but in my opinion the ISP being the one causing this issue, dont think so.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Why come to the conclusion that is the ISP?

Don't worry, we have already proven cases where the issue wasn't with the ISP, so we know there are other causes out there. It's just that it's hard to rule out the ISP with certainty unless you temporarily connect to another one or even just use a VPN service. *hint* *hint*

That said, this issue is beyond my capabilities, so Segfalt will instruct you guys further. The only other possibility I can think of off the top of my head is a RAM issue. If you guys do a RAM test, that would help us out. In fact, so would some other steps. Try these:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=26260
Reply Quote
I'm about to install SC2 on another box in my house and see if I can reproduce the issue. If I cannot then it's got to be an interaction with some software on my computer or some strange issue on their end.
Edited by Daskar on 10/31/2010 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its not a RAM issue. RAM issues typically result in blue screens of death. This is most likely a game client and/or patch server issue.

Not always. Maged suggested right, it could be RAM or other things.

http://www.ddrmemoryupgrades.com/what_is_ram.html
Reply Quote
Meh. The other computer I have has a video card that doesn't support Vertex Shader 2.0, so I cannot run it to see if it will load fine.

Segfalt,

Can we get an update on this?
Reply Quote
Everything about the game was working flawlessly before the patch. Now, my RAM could be suspect? Sorry, but I'm not buyin' that. If it were a RAM issue, why would it only manifest itself AFTER the upgrade patch? If I had trouble installing the game, trouble with previous patches, game lockups, slow frame rates, etc, then *maybe* the RAM issue could have some validity. Since the game was working flawlessly before this patch, I am confident that nothing in my system, especially the RAM, is the culprit.
Edited by SeventhAngel on 10/31/2010 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
magically fixed. Only took 3 weeks? By the way, didn't change anything on my end, just logged in today and they're working.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Everything about the game was working flawlessly before the patch. Now, my RAM could be suspect? Sorry, but I'm not buyin' that. If it were a RAM issue, why would it only manifest itself AFTER the upgrade patch? If I had trouble installing the game, trouble with previous patches, game lockups, slow frame rates, etc, then *maybe* the RAM issue could have some validity. Since the game was working flawlessly before this patch, I am confident that nothing in my system, especially the RAM, is the culprit.

I've seen bad RAM do some funky things, so it's always good too check. That being said, I am merely going over other potential causes, however unlikely, until Segfalt comes back.

magically fixed. Only took 3 weeks? By the way, didn't change anything on my end, just logged in today and they're working.

Sounds like you had the ISP issue. This is just like in the past, the ISP's cache finally expired, so it loaded the proper file. We'll see you next patch, I guess.

Anyone else still having this issue?
Reply Quote
meeee :( I cant see achieves and portraitss AGHHHH!!
Reply Quote
Having issue as well. Had my brother try the suggestions to fix it because he is better at technical stuff than I am. Didn't work. I know it isn't an ISP issue because we live in the same house and his achievements/portraits work fine 1 room over on his computer. Worked fine pre-patch.
Reply Quote
Having issue as well. Had my brother try the suggestions to fix it because he is better at technical stuff than I am. Didn't work. I know it isn't an ISP issue because we live in the same house and his achievements/portraits work fine 1 room over on his computer. Worked fine pre-patch.

You should compare your system hardware and software to see if there are any differences that would cause this to happen on one and not the other.

Do either machines connect wirelessly? If one connected to another network, this would bypass any potential ISP/Router issues, which would make comparing system set-up sort of worthless.
Reply Quote
I've been having this same problem ever since the new patch. Everything worked fine before the patch. Afterward, I launch the game, instantly got a Achievments are unavailable until further notice pop up, and I haven't been able to see any of my/other players portraits or achievements since. I've already played email tag with customer support and after completing many failed attempts, I was told they didn't know how to fix it yet and they'd let me know when they figured it out. So, I find this forum, do all the tests successfully (except for the one .wafl file) then I go to copy the .wafl files into the Blizzard Entertainment folder like stated above AND......I don't even have a Blizzard Entertainment folder in my Program Files. Is this a problem? I recently uninstalled and reinstalled SC2 per customer support, so I don't know why I wouldn't have the folder. Any ideas? I'm also through Iowa Telecom if that helps any. Also, I've had my brother and a couple friends over to play. Same internet, same router, etc., only difference is they can see all portraits and achievements but I can't see any. So I don't think it's my ISP. Any help would be much appreciated!
Reply Quote
I've had this issue for 1 night. I was online playing, everything was fine. Match over, next match, all avatars and icons of achievements are gone! When loading into a multiplayer game, everyone (my allies, myself, and my opponents) had the "computer" avatar. The avatar that shows when your facing an AI.

This persisted for the whole night. The next night, everything was back to normal. Is this indictive to something in the RAM? Sounds like a possibility to me.
Edited by Chamalee on 11/1/2010 2:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]