StarCraft® II

Achievements and Portraits not loading

Seem more likely that this is a problem with the cache, since it mirrors problems that show up in WoW every so often. Try reloading.
Reply Quote

You should compare your system hardware and software to see if there are any differences that would cause this to happen on one and not the other.

Do either machines connect wirelessly? If one connected to another network, this would bypass any potential ISP/Router issues, which would make comparing system set-up sort of worthless.

Both machines connect via ethernet cable directly to router. I just went to his room, logged in, and changed my portrait and could see achievements. Back to my room, not working.

I've tried copying the files to the cache folder, deleting the folder completely, syncing internet time, running as administrator, running the blizzard repair tool, turning off all firewalls and anti-virus, and nothing has worked yet.

His computer has much better hardware overall, but there are no major differences beyond that. I can't see hardware being an issue regardless, as I could see my achievements fine before the patch.

EDIT: I should add that I can see my portrait fine and other peoples. I can't change it or view achieves though.
Edited by Klepto on 11/1/2010 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Both machines connect via ethernet cable directly to router. I just went to his room, logged in, and changed my portrait and could see achievements. Back to my room, not working.

I've tried copying the files to the cache folder, deleting the folder completely, syncing internet time, running as administrator, running the blizzard repair tool, turning off all firewalls and anti-virus, and nothing has worked yet.

His computer has much better hardware overall, but there are no major differences beyond that. I can't see hardware being an issue regardless, as I could see my achievements fine before the patch.

EDIT: I should add that I can see my portrait fine and other peoples. I can't change it or view achieves though.

Hmm...

The fact that it works for him, and not you, is generally indicative of an issue with your machine, since you are both on the same physical network.

Do either of you have firewall and/or anti-virus/malware/trojan software installed? Do you mind temporarily disabling it and testing?

You can also try zipping up HIS cache folder and copying it to your computer -- but that's just a nasty work-around... I'd rather get this fixed, for real.

Thanks
Reply Quote
So, I find this forum, do all the tests successfully (except for the one .wafl file) then I go to copy the .wafl files into the Blizzard Entertainment folder like stated above AND......I don't even have a Blizzard Entertainment folder in my Program Files.

In Windows 7 this folder is found in the ProgramData folder, not Program Files.

Segfalt: Glad to still see your active in this thread! I've been spending most of my time trying to figure out this issue instead of playing.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
So, I find this forum, do all the tests successfully (except for the one .wafl file)
Any ideas? I'm also through Iowa Telecom if that helps any. Also, I've had my brother and a couple friends over to play. Same internet, same router, etc., only difference is they can see all portraits and achievements but I can't see any. So I don't think it's my ISP. Any help would be much appreciated!

Actually, this sounds exactly like it's your ISP. Did your brother and your friends bring over their own computer with SC2 preinstalled? If so, that piece of information doesn't really help us since they had the needed information pre-cached. We could fix it for you the same way, but it doesn't really solve the problem.

Out of curiosity, could you test this file? I want to see if a security issue still exists.
http://maged.lordaeron.org/quickmirror/324b75a80c4a6f04a93b16ab9a54dcfe504c943902fe9dad16705c6a15eae911.wafl
Reply Quote
I just tried that download and it worked fine Maged.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I just tried that download and it worked fine Maged.

Well, that's good. I kinda wish the issue would have still been there, though. That way you'd have more ammunition with your ISP.

Daskar, did you try asking your ISP to have us.depot.battle.net bypass their cache? By the way, did you ever say who your ISP was? Finally, if you could, see if your ISP could tell you what proxy software they are running. It'd be awesome to resolve this on a global level.
Reply Quote
I mentioned my ISP earlier, Iowa Telecom, as well as stating I called them and asked them about proxying. They claimed they do not proxy anything. As per the cache, I can attempt calling them asking about this, but I'm afraid the answer will probably be that they cannot assist me in that way. I got the feeling that the help support from them was rather bad.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with my ISP. After trying to get the general tech support to understand what I'm talking about and insisting several times that this wasn't regarding a cache or proxy on my end, they direct the question to their senior level techies. I got a response saying that they neither cache any files for retransmittal nor use any proxying.
Edited by Daskar on 11/1/2010 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
im just lost now hahaha got no idea wut could fix this :(
Btw I copied some of this files on the cache and i got my portrait back up, but still cant see the rewards section or the achievements. This has any relevance?
Reply Quote
One possibly relevant thing I've noticed is that the time stamp in the forums is not the same time as my system time. I've attempted to change my time zone to UTC, which is what the forum seems to be displaying, but this has not fixed my issue. I wouldn't be surprised if this issue goes away when DST happens, which by the way is November 7th.
Reply Quote

Hmm...

The fact that it works for him, and not you, is generally indicative of an issue with your machine, since you are both on the same physical network.

Do either of you have firewall and/or anti-virus/malware/trojan software installed? Do you mind temporarily disabling it and testing?

You can also try zipping up HIS cache folder and copying it to your computer -- but that's just a nasty work-around... I'd rather get this fixed, for real.

Thanks

Disabled avast, firewall and the processes completely, and it didn't fix the issue. I don't have any other types of firewalls/virus software at all on my computer.

I copied my brother's cache to my computer, and it fixed the problem. Everything is working after that, however I know that doesn't aid in a fix for the issue on your end.

Maybe a temporary fix can be to provide other players with this issue a downloadable working cache folder?
Reply Quote
I have Rogers in Canada. My portrait usually loads but achievements pictures sometimes do not. They often get mangled (when achieving I get something that looks like a green computer chip and when viewing I get the blue swirly). It isn't all the time but after playing the game a bit I'll get it. My ISP is invasive SOBs. :-)

[edit] I followed all of the instructions and my hashes match.

324b75a80c4a6f04a93b16ab9a54dcfe504c943902fe9dad16705c6a15eae911 *324b75a80c4a6f04a93b16ab9a54dcfe504c943902fe9dad16705c6a15eae911.wafl
593097dcec7c4a1eaebd2c89e9f0f74f206db6c722296fb836b48978f0b73be0 *593097dcec7c4a1eaebd2c89e9f0f74f206db6c722296fb836b48978f0b73be0.wafl
6c8a0a83aed63386d675214c444af1be2e10afe7eae825add344e9c0bc99acba *6c8a0a83aed63386d675214c444af1be2e10afe7eae825add344e9c0bc99acba.wafl
f568e9df747f32dbccc52a8ee4f4950a03d754042b60cf86021c6873adba2b18 *f568e9df747f32dbccc52a8ee4f4950a03d754042b60cf86021c6873adba2b18.ldpt
Edited by Jono on 11/1/2010 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
After some searching, I finally found what Iowa Telecom uses: PeerApp (peerapp.com)
See slide 28: http://www.ngtsummitafrica.com/media/workshops/NGT-AFR/PeerApp.pdf

Here's an interesting tidbit from PeerApp's website...
1. A subscriber requests a content object from a remote server or site. A redirector (router, switch or DPI device) forwards the request to the UltraBand cache. Interpretation of the file request is based on the information contained within Layer 4 or layer 7 of the requesting data packets.

2. The entire session is forwarded to the remote site or P2P clients without interference from the UltraBand. If there is any authentication or tracking of usage from the remote site, that functionality is preserved in its entirety.

3. Once the remote site or peers have decided to transfer to object, the UltraBand inspects that object during the transfer. If the requested file exists in the UltraBand’s storage arrays, the file transfer request form the originating sites/server is stopped.

4. The UltraBand delivers the file or object to the subscriber transparently - as if from the origin server or site. Delivery of the content occurs at wire speed, giving the user the best possible quality of experience.

http://peerapp.com/Technology/Transparency.aspx

...Sounds about right.

See if mentioning it by name will help. Otherwise...

@Segfalt: Do you think you could contact PeerApp and request a global fix to this issue?
Reply Quote
After some searching, I finally found what Iowa Telecom uses: PeerApp (peerapp.com)
See slide 28: http://www.ngtsummitafrica.com/media/workshops/NGT-AFR/PeerApp.pdf

I'm really not surprised that my ISP lied to me. I'm not sure if I should call my ISPand ask them to try to fix the issue, contact PeerApp myself or wait for Blizzard to submit a formal request.
Reply Quote
Here's a picture of my problem:
http://picasaweb.google.com/j3robins/Starcraft2#5534772463809869938

Note, another issue is when scrolling up and down a list - sometimes the images will load and sometimes they won't... weird I know.
Reply Quote
i have the exact same problem.

tried all the troubleshooting, nothing failed. the icons simply stopped showing up, i have been playing sc2 all day and it just recently happened so it's pretty random. when i click on my top 5 achievements, some of the icons will appear, but if i scroll all the way down then back up, they will be gone.

is there a folder we can just delete and have it re-downloaded or fixed in the repair utility? or to future-proof this issue there could be an achievements/portraits fix file uploaded to the site.

:) back to my missions!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
This happened to me today for the first time. I logged in and had to accept a ToS for some reason then I noticed this issue immediately.

It was fine when I last logged in yesterday.
Reply Quote
Same thing happened to me today for the first time after accepting the terms of use. Haven't had any problems before this.
Reply Quote
Same thing happened to me today for the first time after accepting the terms of use. Haven't had any problems before this.

This. I had zero problems before the most recent EULA.
Reply Quote
Hi

I am having that problem, BUT NOT with all the achivements, it only happens with some of them. All the Telnet checks had been successfully from my PC

Is this any kind of bug?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]