Achievements and Portraits not loading

another question, are cache files from player to player the same or do they differ? is it possible to just d/l an unbroken cache file from someone and just put it into our blizzard folder? i renamed my cache folder to force a d/l as someone suggested. and this is what i found.

renamed cached folder had 204mb of data in it (can view portraits, achievements disabled)
redownloaded cache only had 115mb of data (no achievements and portraits, just the swirly logo)
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem as you guys. It appeared when I accepted the new EULA, right after that all my achievements "icon" disappered. Tried all the step to resolved, nothing. Clock is OK and nothing as changed from the moment it was working and after.

I have Videotron for ISP (Quebec) (although I'm pretty sure it's not my ISP)

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Renamed cache file and nothing as changed
Some icon are there but when I mouse over the achievements I still get the blue swirl as preview, I was the same before I renamed the cahche file.
Edited by lelkiller on 11/3/2010 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Also am having the same problem! It just started for me when I changed my name and accepted the new EULA. Annoying.
Reply Quote
Here's the thing. My portraits came back by itself, then 2 days ago, i got Achievements disabled until further notice. So i logged in through my mac laptop, and I still do not have my portraits or achievements.

btw, i'm from the SEA servers, i'm posting here because there's no blue over there that replies to our plea for help.

1) Desktop have portraits, but upon login, it gives me Achievements disabled until further notice
Also says Error if I try to go to the achievement page in-game

2) Laptop just shows the triforce logo for achievements and portraits.

I'm having the same issue! US server.

EDIT:http://i54.tinypic.com/s31254.jpg
Edited by Bifrose on 11/3/2010 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same issue
Reply Quote
Windows home 64 premium - comcast - texas

Certain achievement icons have vanished. The issue is the same whether I login at work or at home. I've tried all the suggestions in all the various threads. I've sync'd the time to multiple servers. I've forwarded the ports. I've checksum'd the files and everything is fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've repatched the reinstall. I deleted the cache files. I disabled and uninstalled virus scan and I terminated spybot.

I can see all portraits but some of the achievement icons are missing (bnet swirl). It seems to be a mix between achievements I have, ones I don't have and ones I've earned recently.

Around the same time this happened, my save file reverted itself. I had beaten the campaign weeks ago on normal and was replaying all the missions on hard. I beat all of them on hard up to the Char missions, after already beating them on normal. This whole time I was playing missions from the archive. Login to bnet -> sp -> continue -> archive. I beat a mission, clicked the close button and instead of exiting the archive to the menu I was back on the bridge and the game thought I had to redo the entire Char invasion as if I had never done them. So I went from being Liberty Normal Complete and being in the archive replaying missions on Hard and Brutal to having to redo the last 3 missions. This problem happened sometime after I had earned the One Shot, Fifty Kills achievement as I was no longer able to access that mission but had previously completed that level on hard a few days earlier.

If I remember correctly I had just beaten Supernova on Hard with the Shock and Awe achievement when I noticed this. Maybe it was the mission before that, I'm not sure. Somewhere around 10.31 is when this started.

Sometimes I can click an achievement and force it to load the icon, but it will be missing the next time I log in. I also get the icon appearing when I scroll up and down and then vanishing. Only the icon at the bottom or sometimes the middle will show up.

Edit - Since I posted this it seems to have changed which icons I'm missing. Some recent ones show up and some I received well over a month ago are gone. for the most part, in the Liberty Campaign section I'm missing the meta achievement icon that rewards the portrait but the rest will show up. In other sections, such as vs insane ai, I could be missing all of them.
Edited by Boneitis on 11/3/2010 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sometimes I can click an achievement and force it to load the icon, but it will be missing the next time I log in. I also get the icon appearing when I scroll up and down and then vanishing. Only the icon at the bottom or sometimes the middle will show up.

Edit - Since I posted this it seems to have changed which icons I'm missing. Some recent ones show up and some I received well over a month ago are gone. for the most part, in the Liberty Campaign section I'm missing the meta achievement icon that rewards the portrait but the rest will show up. In other sections, such as vs insane ai, I could be missing all of them.

This.
Reply Quote
for those who have access to a different ISP or 3G network (iphone or something). Try connecting to a separate ISP, or tether your internet through your iphone. it fixed it for me, suggesting an ISP issue.
Reply Quote
for those who have access to a different ISP or 3G network (iphone or something). Try connecting to a separate ISP, or tether your internet through your iphone. it fixed it for me, suggesting an ISP issue.

Very good to know, but some of us do not have access to this. Hopefully Blizzard can help with sorting this out.
Reply Quote
FYI for everyone who has been missing the achievement icons, I just loaded the game twice in the past couple minutes just to make sure I saw what I saw.

All achievement icons loaded both times for me. None of them were missing, like they were since Monday, Nov 1.

Hooray!
Reply Quote
FYI for everyone who has been missing the achievement icons, I just loaded the game twice in the past couple minutes just to make sure I saw what I saw.

All achievement icons loaded both times for me. None of them were missing, like they were since Monday, Nov 1.

Hooray!

Confirmed! :D
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Im not seeing this problem any more. Woot! Woot!
Reply Quote
Problem is gone on my end too :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]