Achievements and Portraits not loading

Issue was randomly fixed today. I changed nothing on my end.
Reply Quote
I too cannot view my achievements. Here is what it looks like when I try to load them.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8312/screenshot2010111700120.jpg
Edited by Frink on 11/16/2010 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
For some reason now I can see them. Did you guys at Blizzard do something? I would like to know, because then I know it's on Blizzards end and not my end.
Reply Quote
I also have the same problem. The loading screen always appears whenever i open my profile, achievements, etc. This is weird because when i try playing in the other serves, say the Southeast Asia server, i can easily open all of these. It's only in the North America server that i'm having a problem
Reply Quote
@ Manyppl , Confirmed dude! My portraits are back and everything works fine. I used Hidemyip though, which is the same thing pretty much. Anybody out there having this problem I highly suggest using Hotspot or Hidemyip. Big thanks Many <3

Edit.

I used Hidemyip once, and then logged in normally and everything was still there. Not sure if that's the same case for anybody else..

So it did with me, I recommend to the players with this issue to use this program, it returned my portraits and achviements instantly!
Reply Quote
omg what a personalized service here, in latin america they only copy, translate and paste the post but no follow up. I can´t change my portrait, i couldn´t see my portrait or other´s until i downloaded the most recent patch =(.
Reply Quote
@ Manyppl , Confirmed dude! My portraits are back and everything works fine. I used Hidemyip though, which is the same thing pretty much. Anybody out there having this problem I highly suggest using Hotspot or Hidemyip. Big thanks Many <3

Edit.

I used Hidemyip once, and then logged in normally and everything was still there. Not sure if that's the same case for anybody else..

Just did the same yhing and my achievements and portraits are displaying properly. Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
Ok so i have been on this since the game first went up. I have been having this problem since the game came out. No problem in Beta. Info as follows:

win7 x64 bit premium
Collectors edition
ISP: AT&T DSL 6MB
Security: Avast Antivirus and Comodo Firewall

I have reinstalled 5 times (Literally) on different hard drives
Installed with the online download and the CD
I have tried the clock things ALL the different ways
I have tried rerunning the program with all antivirus and firewall turned off
I have installed this game on 3 other computers all on the same network with no problems
Ill add more things when i remember whatever else i have tried

Checksum outputs match:
324b75a80c4a6f04a93b16ab9a54dcfe504c943902fe9dad16705c6a15eae911 *324b75a80c4a6f
04a93b16ab9a54dcfe504c943902fe9dad16705c6a15eae911.wafl
593097dcec7c4a1eaebd2c89e9f0f74f206db6c722296fb836b48978f0b73be0 *593097dcec7c4a
1eaebd2c89e9f0f74f206db6c722296fb836b48978f0b73be0.wafl
6c8a0a83aed63386d675214c444af1be2e10afe7eae825add344e9c0bc99acba *6c8a0a83aed633
86d675214c444af1be2e10afe7eae825add344e9c0bc99acba.wafl
f568e9df747f32dbccc52a8ee4f4950a03d754042b60cf86021c6873adba2b18 *f568e9df747f32
dbccc52a8ee4f4950a03d754042b60cf86021c6873adba2b18.ldpt

Please HELP!!
Edited by Syviren on 12/1/2010 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
while im not having the main issue in the title, its related. Whenever im first logining in and selecting the multiplayer tab, i get a blue swirling circle for a long time before the page is available. it can take anywhere from 55 secs to a minute and a half to load. The coop and custom boxes are there and are imeadiately selectable, but the ladder page to the left: game mode, race, find match map pref etc is just loading. While not a serious problem, its just a little slow loading and im patient. After the initial long load the loading problem goes away, unless i exit and restart sc2 and relogin in. Ive checked my clock and everything is in sync. and this didnt start until last patch, and back then (right after patch release) loading had effected all the menus except replays and i shared the titles problem, but after a few days the issue went away except for the multi page loading. its really starting to annoy me.

anway posting this here first instead of making my own topic.
Edited by Tormented on 12/2/2010 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Same thing as everyone, no portraits nor achieves after patch long time ago.

octuplechecked time, that's fine.
hash checks were ok
I DID NOT have the first cache directory, creating it restored my portrait and thats it.
The other 2 cache folders were present and contained file, the files however, were "last modified" a couple of weeks ago.

After updating the folder with the newest wafl files, nothing changed.

I am trying hotspotshield....and I'll be damned but that DID work perfectly.

I logged again withouth hotspotshield and eveything still works (guess the cache downloaded well and is still in my pc)

BTW i live in Costa Rica my ISP is amnet, Pura vida maes y me cago en gaebe :)
Reply Quote
Throwing another "Thank you!" to the one who suggested Hotspotshield.

The few times I've logged in since November have been promptly greeted with the Achievements Disabled message, figuring it was the holiday traffic if left it alone until this week.

My ISP is Newwave Communications if this helps others narrow things down.
Reply Quote
hi having the same problem bnet kicks me tho when trying to load the profiles, then i have to relog and sometimes it loads. Anyways have no idea why this is and has been doing this for like 2weeks.
Reply Quote
Same thing as everyone, no portraits nor achieves after patch long time ago.

octuplechecked time, that's fine.
hash checks were ok
I DID NOT have the first cache directory, creating it restored my portrait and thats it.
The other 2 cache folders were present and contained file, the files however, were "last modified" a couple of weeks ago.

After updating the folder with the newest wafl files, nothing changed.

I am trying hotspotshield....and I'll be damned but that DID work perfectly.

I logged again withouth hotspotshield and eveything still works (guess the cache downloaded well and is still in my pc)

BTW i live in Costa Rica my ISP is amnet, Pura vida maes y me cago en gaebe :)

same here I live in Honduras an my ISP is amnet and i have map problems and potraits, jajajajajaj que maje que sos XD
Reply Quote
Had a unrelated issue and had to reinstall windows from a backup disk. No changes.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem since the last patch 1.2 y didt get my 100 wins portrait and a i already did all your recomendations.
I used to play in LA then i changed my account to NA. ANd somthing odd is that when i log in here i log in with my old account (LA) not the NA one.
No other client installed in my lap.
I turn oof my firewall and i dont even have antivirus.
I try connect my lap with different modems (2wire and thomson) but nothing happens for good.
Edited by Beliel on 1/19/2011 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
For ge it i got my achivments, i did nothing.
Reply Quote
Tried hotspotshield, checked all router ports (all open), all Hashes are exactly the same, checked firewall, all with Avira disabled and still no achievements (as you can see I have been unable to change my portrait). At the time, my portrait didn't even show up, but it shows up every time now. I had all the folders with files in them already.

I wrote Blizzard directly about this issue back in November 6, 2010. Here was my reply:

"Hello ****!

When playing Starcraft II it has two connections. One is to Battle.net and another is to the game servers. In some situations the connection to the game servers is fine but the connection to the Battle.net profile is flakey or just locked down. It results in not being able to load achievements and portraits.

The cause is usually security programs, typically. Usually an aspect of the setup is allowing the game connection but is shutting down the Battle.net connection. When possible, the security program should simply be configured to not muck with Battle.net. This can usually be accomplished by adding “Battle.net” to the allowed connections list for the security program in question. Naturally every program calls their “allowed connections list” something completely different and results will certainly vary. Since the program is being friendly enough to not mess with the game connection itself, it should be manageable.

You can also try to temporarily disable or exit your antivirus and see if that will help load the portraits.
Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the day!

M*** P.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment "

This is getting pretty ridiculous. I pre-ordered this game, and I have not been able to see achievements since owning it in July. I don't know what else to do. I just want to change my stinkin' portrait. Any ideas? Anyone else still having this issue?

Specs:
ISP: Time Warner/RR
Computer:
Core i7 920, 4 GB ram,
Windows 7, 2x GTX 260 in SLI,
2x 1 TB HDD,
1x 2 TB HDD
SC2 1.20.17326
SC2 Public Beta 1.21.17629; nothing there, either, but I don't think I have any achievements.
Edited by CzarFDtundra on 2/5/2011 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help, Segfalt! I'm having exactly the same problems as Daskar, down to exactly the same file mangled to exactly the same SHA256 hash. I've had this problem since I bought Starcraft 2 a week ago.

I followed your steps, and was successful in restoring my profile image, but not in getting achievements to work. Still, baby steps! I'll try using the internet from work (but I'm not hopeful, I think it uses the same ISP eventually) and/or copying the 'Cache' folder over from my friend. Worst case, I'm out of town in a month, so I can try running SC2 from a completely different country!

Edit (four hours or so after posting): I can confirm that just copying the 'Battle.net/Cache' folder from my friend's Windows computer which ran Starcraft II without any problems onto my Mac computer worked perfectly: I have full achievements, can change my profile images, and am otherwise enjoying the game at the fullest. Thanks again to everybody on this thread, especially Daskar and Segfalt, for helping me clear this up! You guys rock! Edit ends.

And if anybody else is "following along" on Mac, the C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\32\4b folder should be replaced with /Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net/Cache/32/4b.
Edited by Gaurav on 2/11/2011 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Could anyone tell me the directory for the cache files on a windows XP sp3?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
02/17/2011 6:42 PMPosted by jangsy
Could anyone tell me the directory for the cache files on a windows XP sp3?

Should be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]