StarCraft® II

Hellbat drops

Developer
We're looking into it.

Obviously we'd like to see how they turn out in the coming weeks, but initially we're thinking:

1. Too easy to execute
2. Especially in TvT, not a lot of risk to doing them (when you don't lose the Medivac)
3. Might be too early before defenses can be ready

Rather than jumping to conclusions right now, we'll keep a close eye on it and if in fact Hellbat drops do turn out too strong, we'll do something like rolling in some of their damage with the Infernal Pre igniter upgrade.
This sounds like a great idea. :D
Awesome!

Edit: This is one of the changes I've been suggesting a lot on the forums, too. :)
Edited by Fencar on 6/10/2013 6:51 PM PDT
Cool.
Thanks for the update.
glad to see that the blues are acknowledging that there might be a problem without knee-jerking it.
Perfectly reasonable.
nah don't worry about it let it sit for a year
Woot!
Good response! Thanks for letting everyone know that you are listening.
Oh well, back to turtling as mech.
unreal.... why am I not surprised... TvT strat comes up..... now we are possibly going to get a unit nerfed that is CRUCIAL in the tvp and tvz matchups

why am I not surprised in the absolute slightest????

unreal

meanwhile, when zerg was winning tourny after tourney..... nothing happened... terran wins, and hellbat drops are being used... and now a possible nerf... unreal
unreal.... why am I not surprised... TvT strat comes up..... now we are possibly going to get a unit nerfed that is CRUCIAL in the tvp and tvz matchups

why am I not surprised in the absolute slightest????

unreal

meanwhile, when zerg was winning tourny after tourney..... nothing happened... terran wins, and hellbat drops are being used... and now a possible nerf... unreal

herp derp why do you think? It's because it's to strong. Do you think their just going to do that for the fun of it? The power of the drop is ridiculous, you are obviously both biased and don't know the game well enough to see how strong hellbats truly are when mixed with medivacs.
I wonder if there to strong......When terrans are saying its to strong then there might be a problem. 100 minerals gtfo. I dont see a zealot doing that kind of dmg.
Rather than jumping to conclusions right now, we'll keep a close eye on it and if in fact Hellbat drops do turn out too strong, we'll do something like rolling in some of their damage with the Infernal Pre igniter upgrade.

Jumping to conclusions? Are you serious? This isn't going to settle out Dayvie... what could possibly be a response to this?
Too easy?

Sigh... Dayvie Dayvie Dayvie...
Go try hellbat dropping someone on the ladder, then tell me it's too easy. Then try warping in DTs, or doing a Zergling runby or a Hellion runby. Or perhaps even an ordinary Marine drop.

If the opponent is watching their minimap, they're incredibly difficult to do damage with unless you're a god at microing medivacs with them and macroing and watching your own base versus drops.

Infernal Pre-Ignitor damage would be a good change if any is needed. Makes by far the most sense.
sounds like the most reasonable change so far..nothing too radical like removing the bio tech or something else that has a high impact on any matchup
do you also realize that if you make hellbats need the pre igniter upgrade that that takes a tech lab on a factory to research?!

meaning no more bio bat builds... no one is going to build a factory, just to put a tech lab on it to spend an expensive upgrade so that after it is done upgrading it can then be put on a reactor and start double hellbat production.... that is on top of already needing an armory

getting the hellbat that quickly already comes at a cost of cutting economy..

why is it other races can stop drops, but terrans cant? it is because most terrans dont worry about drops, so they havent adjusted.

there is nothing different from a hellbat drop to a MM drop when it comes to denying it.

It's just amazing to me that terran always gets the nerf hammer... literally always. it is not hard to stop drops if you know they are coming
we'll do something like rolling in some of their damage with the Infernal Pre igniter upgrade.

Should've done this a long time ago.
Yeah, now I see why Dayvie doesn't just do this more often.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]