StarCraft® II

StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void

Plot Twist: LOTV is Mass Effect, except you play as Zeratul, with his buddies Raynor (Garrus) and Kerrigan (Ashley)! Also joining him will be Matt and Isha (Kaiden and Tali), Zagara (Jack), Ariel Hanson (Liara), Egon (Mordin), Nova (Samara), Rory Swann (Wrex)!

In all seriousness though, I think it will involve the pop cap raised in some missions, and possibly a Warcraft 3-esque ending, and I suspect at least one of the Raynor / Kerrigan/ Zeratul folks will die. Or at least absorb/Kamikaze/join Anon. I also suspect a "Helm Deep"-esque scenario, similar to the last protoss mission in WOL, except you have no zerg on the enemy side, and you're waiting for Kerrigan and Raynor to cut through the legion. Another scenario will be the "Ask the Gods" mission, where you ask for help from Xel'Naga. Expect Pippen yelling at ents, so to speak. Also, I think the big Unit choices will come from what tribes you pick ex. the dark templar vs. the high templar.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Caprindo
Another scenario will be the "Ask the Gods" mission, where you ask for help from Xel'Naga.

I'm actually curious if there are other Xel'Naga out there. The introduction of the primal Zerg was something unexpected in HotS, as everyone had thought Amon corrupted the WHOLE of the Zerg.

If that's true, then to say the swarm had rendered the Xel'Naga extinct is only what we BELIEVED for so long, but isn't REALLY what happened.
Reply Quote
Suggestion 1:

Make it possible to play a few missions in coop (like player 1: toss, player 2: helping zerg). It should be possible but not nessacary (if not coop, its AI like in the final mission of HOTS). Give some achievment for that and it would be a great new thing.
Reply Quote
Suggestion 1:

Make it possible to play a few missions in coop (like player 1: toss, player 2: helping zerg). It should be possible but not nessacary (if not coop, its AI like in the final mission of HOTS). Give some achievment for that and it would be a great new thing.

I just don't see coop as a possibility in Blizzard's RTS games
Reply Quote
I think a good new unit would be some new Terran infantry unit, a fast Protoss robot bay unit, like the predator but Protoss. Zerg is already too cheap, make a unit more useful.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 01:43 PMPosted by stormer
I think a good new unit would be some new Terran infantry unit, a fast Protoss robot bay unit, like the predator but Protoss. Zerg is already too cheap, make a unit more useful.

Zerg is supposed to be cheap due to overwhelming numbers.
Reply Quote
I agree with Rarity, a final battle with all 3 races gathered together in a last stand against the hybrid.
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Clee
I agree with Rarity, a final battle with all 3 races gathered together in a last stand against the hybrid.

Though if Blizzard is smart, they'll say "Oh that's too obvious of a final mission, the fans would see that coming a mile away."
Reply Quote
It would be really nice to see the Corsair back.
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Xhazard
It would be really nice to see the Corsair back.

We can get that for the campaign.

If you recall at Blizzcon 2011, one of the original abilities of the Oracle was to place shields around buildings so they couldn't attack or do anything. That's a lot like the Corsair's disruption web, remember?
Reply Quote
Just like how WoL brought back Goliaths, Wraiths, Science Vessels, Scouts etc., and HotS brought back the lurker and scourge, i'm pretty sure LotV will introduce some old and new units for the campaign. Who knows, maybe they'll bring back Dark Archons?
Reply Quote
10/07/2013 08:37 PMPosted by Solo
Just like how WoL brought back Goliaths, Wraiths, Science Vessels, Scouts etc., and HotS brought back the lurker and scourge, i'm pretty sure LotV will introduce some old and new units for the campaign. Who knows, maybe they'll bring back Dark Archons?

Possibly, but I thought the Protoss disliked using them.
Reply Quote
it would probly be bad but, i would like to see them turn either the SG or RF in protoss into a warpable building. to make it easier to beat they could make researching the warp and turning it into warp and warping units take longer than the WG do. i dont know, any other ideas?
Reply Quote
you know they should just make tons more units than wings of liberty and heart of the swarm combined if they did that the game would be much more interesting but it may take a long time.
Edited by Seth on 6/6/2014 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Seth
you know they should just make tons more units than wings of liberty and heart of the swarm combined if they did that the game would be much more interesting but it may take a long time.

And people won't have the patience to wait for that.
Reply Quote
Also, the entire Protoss race was remade in WoL, Terrans almost the same, HotS introduced a modest amount of units, and that would mean we would essentially be waiting for WoL again.
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 12:28 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Also, the entire Protoss race was remade in WoL, Terrans almost the same, HotS introduced a modest amount of units, and that would mean we would essentially be waiting for WoL again.

Well they HAD to be remade, from a lore POV if you think about it.

Unlike the terrans who lost very little, the Protoss lost their homeworld of Aiur. This is now a matter of pure survival, and for many, it's clear that if old traditions must be broken for new military troops to come out, then that's the way it has to be.
Reply Quote
I didn't say anything against that. I understand that. It's just that what is being asked is completely unreasonable, as in WoL alone the Terrans and Protoss were almost completely remade. Terrans kept four, and Protoss five (worker units included). That's a substantial amount alone. It would make LotV take a lot of production time, roles would be overlapping, and a lot of units half assed if they were to do it. So I am simply disagreeing with him.
Reply Quote
06/06/2014 08:19 PMPosted by ShadowFury
It would make LotV take a lot of production time, roles would be overlapping, and a lot of units half assed if they were to do it.

And they have much to explain on just WHAT the Protoss have been doing all this time.
Reply Quote
I don't have wishes, nor speculations, nor demands on the story or units. I just want to play the campaign the way Blizzard wants to present it to us and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by it. The longer I have to wait, the higher my expectations will be. They better blow my mind then.

Protoss has always been my favorite race and I just want my conclusion of the story. I have been a fan of Starcraft since the day it got released more then 10 years ago & althought I know that patience is a virtue, sadly I suck at having patience & yes I'm reaching my boiling point.

HoTS has been released more then a year ago and we haven't seen squat. No trailers, no new units, no teasers, no hint for a possible release date. Nothing! All we got is freaking Heartstone & Heroes of the Storm... WTF? Don't tell me we have to wait another 10 years for Legacy of the Void because of that shizzle!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]