StarCraft® II

Easiest Race?

What is the easiest race to get the hang of? I want to be a pro!
Reply Quote
You just made almost exactly the same thread yesterday. This is clear flame bait.
Reply Quote
Protoss then Zerg then Terran i'd say, but at high level, no easy race.
Edited by Darellian on 6/10/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
According to the pros on the forum, protoss
Reply Quote
You just made almost exactly the same thread yesterday. This is clear flame bait.

What?
Reply Quote
why its any race I don't play of course.
Reply Quote
Experiment and find what works or you.

Generally, people find Protoss the easiest race to play. I know I do.
Generally, Zerg is seen as hardest, as they require alot of macro-economic attention with their injects to play successfully.

But go play 5 or so matches in unranked play with each race. See what works best for you, because different people are different, and different races are different.
Reply Quote
Ye i know often people says P>T>Z for what's about being easy to play, however, i really find zerg easier to macro than Terran. The production is harder with terrans.
Reply Quote
Darellian, have you tried hotkeying all your production structures? I do that and then tab through to switch between racks/factory/starport. This lets me quickly just spam out some more marines if I'm in the middle of a battle.
Reply Quote
Protoss is the easiest race to play but really hard to be pro with. Its skill capped at around grand master - beyond that, the other races keep getting better with skill. Below grand master, protoss has some of the power built-in, so if youre bad its not as painful.

obvious troll threat though
Reply Quote
easiest to learn
zerg, then protoss/terran... zerg is more forgiving to newer players i find, since you can delay up to a 45sec between macro giving more time to focus on army... making everything from a single hub just means you dont need to worry about seperate hotkeys or pulling workers to build supply/pylons

easiest to master
word is protoss, i find they have a low skill ceiling and their units tend to work on their own, they army kind of positions on its own based on range... some protoss even still say the build order loss as a reason, and i can agree they seem to lack flexibility and there arent many creative things you can do, it either works or it doesnt... kind of work towards one army or another

zerg i would say depends on the player but with so much freedom also comes the issue of knowing when to drone or make units, and i would say now they do have to micro more to deal with newer units, i find when it comes to making a comeback i find they really fall to pieces because of having so many inefficient units

terran by far, its APM demanding, you need to be constantly building and producing all game, and i feel like most players are playing from behind and need to do something to catch up... terran also have the issue of things blowing up in their face, feels like playing the underdog when against someone equally skilled
Reply Quote
Obvious flame bait. The fact is that it depends on the player.
Reply Quote
Protoss is the easiest race to play but really hard to be pro with. Its skill capped at around grand master - beyond that, the other races keep getting better with skill. Below grand master, protoss has some of the power built-in, so if youre bad its not as painful.

obvious troll threat though

How is protoss easier than terran or zerg? I would think it is harder because of the spell casters and stuff.
Reply Quote
Darellian, have you tried hotkeying all your production structures? I do that and then tab through to switch between racks/factory/starport. This lets me quickly just spam out some more marines if I'm in the middle of a battle.

I'm trying but i find it very hard, moreover i always forget to bind new structures and my hotkey bar always ends up by turning into a total mess. It's easier to bind only hatcheries ^^
Edited by Darellian on 6/10/2013 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
protoss is probably the easiest to learn up to masters
Reply Quote
I'm trying but i find it very hard, moreover i always forget to bind new structures and my hotkey bar always ends up by turning into a total mess. It's easier to bind only hatcheries ^^

Absolutely hatch is easier. you also build overlords from there too.

However, do what Totalbiscut does:
Queue up units at your racks/fac/star

That way at least you're producing something whilst attacking.

But some people do find zerg easier (like you). And that's cool, because as I said, different people are idfferent and different races are different.
Reply Quote
At low levels they are all easy.

At high levels they are all hard.
Reply Quote
Am I supposed to be building specific buildings as terran? I'm getting destroyed. Another terran attacked me with 2 thors while I was trying to get widowmines out :/
Reply Quote
How is protoss easier than terran or zerg? I would think it is harder because of the spell casters and stuff.

Force fields and storms isn't throwing darts, its quite simple
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]