hellbats, blizzard finally noticed

Im glad blizzard finally noticed how broken hellbats are. as a terran player i agree that they are stupidly broken and need a change.

amright!?
Reply Quote
hellbats op, more gg more skill, HUE, for da win
Reply Quote
they might not even be nerfed is the sad part... if pros stop using them in favor of some variety they won't be changed and even though pros might hold them off they'll still make the game miserable for anyone who plays that doesn't have the god like skill to hold them off without them doing game ending damage.
Reply Quote
Seems like pros are shading towards widow mines anyway.
Reply Quote
Hellbats should either
A. Not be healed by medivacs, or
B. Have SAME HP AS HELLION!
yes! they actually have different hp
Hellion: 90 hp
Hellbat: 135 hp
Reply Quote
Am I the only one that thinks helbat drops are not that hard to deflect as Zerg? I just get 1 spore per mineral line, move my spare queens into position and start going roach hydra.The key is just making sure you target the medivac with the queens.
Reply Quote
It's not just TvZ the helbat drop is an issue in TvT. It is able to defend easily against everything and is very hard to defend.

Check out the 4-hellbat drop build on YouTube. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=q-EEXUHdXOI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dq-EEXUHdXOI
Reply Quote
It's not just TvZ the helbat drop is an issue in TvT. It is able to defend easily against everything and is very hard to defend.

Check out the 4-hellbat drop build on YouTube. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=q-EEXUHdXOI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dq-EEXUHdXOI

I'm well aware that it is an issue in TvT, I was more speaking to the general notion that it is too strong against Zerg as well. Personally I feel like we have it easiest in terms of dealing with helbat drops specifically.

WMs on the other hand still get me killed on a regular basis.
Reply Quote
err... what? They're nerfing hellbats? Where are you seeing this info? I saw no article on battle.net?
Reply Quote
General discussions blue post it's there.

And what I had meant was that from reading the blue post it seemed that blizzard was referring to the TvT helbat drop more than the other mus.
Reply Quote
I think Hellbat drops represent what is known in the game design business as a "negative play experience."

A hellbat drop strategy may do very well in tournaments, and then the zerg and protoss pros will develop a response after testing the match up in their little clans and low and behold the meta will shift.

Blizzard is spending a reasonable amount on customer acquisition, and as those new players join, start to actually get pretty good, they have learned to handle the high-risk/high-reward cheese strategies, they will run in to hellbat drops like a brick wall and that's where the negative play experience happens.

Those players will be turned off, they have the potential to be much better, more engaged players and those core players that blizzard wants to elevate in to the top 30% of players in the world just won't play against a strategy they feel limits them from doing what they want to do or they face just insta loss.

Blizzard can stay their trigger finger for a short while to see if the pros do in fact find a successful strategy that even a mid-skill player can execute to shut down hellbats but they shouldn't wait too long or they risk losing a lot of those key mid-grade players that represent an active portion of their player base.

Unlike the whining you hear surrounding the class balance of Blizzards "other game" - there is a reasonable basis for the concern here. Even just watching streams, I haven't seen a terran not attempt a hellbat drop and the opponent struggle to stay in the game after losing ground while dealing with that strategy. Some have made it back, some just haven't. But the start is the same.
Reply Quote
the only thing i think makes them too strong is them getting healed by medivacs, so when u drop in a zerg base, u can just outheal lings queens or w/e. -coming from a terran
Reply Quote
your only saying that cuz of the impact its had on tvt. its one of the many headaches zergs deal with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]