StarCraft® II

Need help with cheese so much cheese laterly

I am a sliver Zerg player but lately I have been bumping in to Cheese like 6 pool, cannon rush and 2BB so any could have a build for zerg that can counter it without losing to much economy.

and one more question is when is the best time to drone scout without losing to much economy.
Reply Quote
10 pool will stop the 2BB
cannon rush, Drones attack probe (max 4 drones)
6 Pool, micro your drones very well.
Reply Quote
In sorry your facing so much cheese. It's for one, bronze and silver are just overrun by cheese. You will still run into it up to platinum albeit the cheese is executed better and better.

The cheese can be beat. It's called cheese for a reason. For the 6pool problem you need to learn drone stacking. Select all drones and spam click a mineral node they will all collapse to that node. Then a move them. You will one shot a ling. rinse and repeat this process. If you have a queen out select drones and move command them (right click) to the queen. They will surround her and the enemy lings will run in circles trying to get to her. Unless they target individual lings. Drones kill lings, just get the surround never engage with equal surface contact.

For the proxy barracks just scout with a drone if nothing is at his base then start emergency ling production and throw down a spine or two.
Reply Quote
11 overpool is the most economic pool first build (because of super early queen) that will basically make you cheese proof at little cost if it never comes. Great for noobs like us who don't have the micro to stop cheese with pure drones lol.

Standard Eco Build:

11 Extractor Trick
11 OL
11 Pool
15 Queen
17 Scouting Ling (or drone if you're feeling lucky)
18 OL
18 Expand

If you suspect cheese you modify it by adding spine/lings/etc, but just note the more you change this optimal BO after the pool, the bigger the hit your economy will take (more so then other builds) so make sure you know what's coming, if it's coming.
Reply Quote
ZvT: 15 hatch 15 pool (you can switch to pool first if you still struggle)

zvz: 15 pool 15 hatch 15 gas

zvp : 14pool 15 hatch

They all require good control, but in theory you should be able to hold most cheeses. You can tweak them a bit if you need to, when i was in silver i would go 14pool in all matches because i was bad and it helped me hold (but you will pay for it later,dont get into the habit of doing this too much)
Reply Quote
JUST GOT CANNON RUSH AGAIN... BUT I MANAGE TO DROP THE OTHER PERSON WITH ROACHES AND DESTORY THE BASES AND HE ONLY HAVE 30 CANNON LEFT OUT SIDE MY BASE AND HE DO NOT GG AND WENT AFK
Reply Quote
He cannon rushed you when you went pool first?

I remember in WoL when people used to get pylon blocked in their own main they would Nydus into the opponents base, but I guess dropping in the main works as well lol.
Reply Quote
He cannon rushed you when you went pool first?

I remember in WoL when people used to get pylon blocked in their own main they would Nydus into the opponents base, but I guess dropping in the main works as well lol.

Even dropping takes longer and harder but using a nydus some time would not finish and your opp would kill it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]