StarCraft® II

ZvZ build order

For ZvZ, do you guys usually go 14 pool, 15 hatch, or 15 hatch, 15 pool?
Reply Quote
There's no reason not to 15 pool in ZvZ unless you're feeling ballsy or intentionally cheesing.
Reply Quote
Was listening to a stream the other day and the player (can't remember who it was) said that most top korean zergs have been trending towards either going 10pool, or 15 hatch. That 14/15 pool kind of splits the difference as your likely behind a 15 hatch, but may still face problems from a 10pool.

That being said, I'm currently diamond and prefer the 15 pool, 16 hatch 16 gas - as the margins for error are much larger at lower levels, and it's a bit safer.
Reply Quote
Oh okay. Can you still shut down an early rush with the 15 pool. 16 hatch? Even if the opponent goes for a 10 pool?
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Migrax
Oh okay. Can you still shut down an early rush with the 15 pool. 16 hatch? Even if the opponent goes for a 10 pool?

If you micro your drones yes
Reply Quote
Nice, I just beat a Zerg doing a 1 base SwarmHost/Baneling combo. I'm worried about getting rushed by Roaches though. I should probably open with 2 bases.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Migrax
I'm worried about getting rushed by Roaches though. I should probably open with 2 bases.

Platinum ZvZ - home of the blind 2 base Roach all ins
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Skyling
Platinum ZvZ - home of the blind 2 base Roach all ins

How do you respond if they go fast speeling/baneling and you're doing a 2 base Roach build?
Reply Quote

How do you respond if they go fast speeling/baneling and you're doing a 2 base Roach build?

Stop baneling production immediately

Do as much damage as you can to his economy with what units you have

Transition into roaches and throw down a few spines
Reply Quote
11 pool, because u want early zerglings in case they 6 pool. If u go 14 pool 15 hatch (my PvZ style), ur gonna have NOTHIN when an army of cheeselings come into ur base.
Reply Quote
15 pool 16 hatch is definitely the best build to work on to improve. Hatch first is perfectly viable and arguably perfectly safe if you have great micro and understand what your doing; but 15 pool is barely any worse economically and holding early aggression is much easier. Really the only dangerous things zerg can do to each other early are various forms of 10 pool or 1 base baneling bust.
Edited by SliTaz on 6/14/2013 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
15/15
Pool, or Hatch, I do either first. It's going to come down to unit control and good judgement either way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]