StarCraft® II

Ultralist Buff Idea

Overall, I don't think I am a high enough level to truly complain about the balance and nonsense like that. The changes made to units by Blizzard represent the same marginal differences in skill between masters level players. However, as a budding Zerg player, I feel that the Ultralisk needs a solid buff.

My idea, reduce the cost of Ultralisk to 100 min, 75 gas
Also, allow for overseer to infest enemy static defenses to incorporate that technology into Ultralisk DNA (Don't worry, will require upgrade to do so)

Example: Infest Missile Turrets will allow for each upgraded Ultralisk to be outfitted with missile turrets on lining it's spinal cord. These missile turrets can be used for AA attack and possibly in some sort of jet-pack capacity allowing them to fly. This makes them viable vs air in the late game especially in ZvP which gets dominated by Skytoss.

This may finally appease the Zerg masses and play an interesting role in the metagame.
Edited by LeftBrain on 6/17/2013 6:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
O.o
Reply Quote
Wait, 100 min and 50 gas?
That's really cheap for ultras...
Reply Quote
This is a troll post.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 02:18 PMPosted by LeftBrain
Overall, I don't think I am a high enough level to truly complain about the balance and nonsense like that. The changes made to units by Blizzard represent the same marginal differences in skill between masters level players. However, as a budding Zerg play, I feel that the Ultralisk needs a solid buff

lololololololololololololololololololol

No.
Reply Quote
The thing is, some people will take you seriously and take this post as an example of how ALL Zerg players actually feel.
Reply Quote
I love this idea. If the Overseer infests an Armory , for instance, the Ultra could get massive cannons on it's back. Or if the Overseer infests a Fleet Beacon, the Ultra is invisible. Even better, infesting a Gateway will allow the Ultralisk to spawn mini Ultras anywhere on creep.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 03:07 PMPosted by FunkySwerve
This is a troll post.

this HAS to be a troll post
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 05:54 PMPosted by BobSacamano
I love this idea. If the Overseer infests an Armory , for instance, the Ultra could get massive cannons on it's back. Or if the Overseer infests a Fleet Beacon, the Ultra is invisible. Even better, infesting a Gateway will allow the Ultralisk to spawn mini Ultras anywhere on creep.

better yet have zerglings morph into max upped ultras for 25 mins and no gas soon as the pool finishes within the first 4 minutes or so
Reply Quote
the day that happens

all terran mech units will combine into Mechazord and battle it to the death
Reply Quote
Roll. Over. Floor. Laughing.

As freaking epic as the ultralisk is, unit speaking, we need to be able to make tons of them? If anything needs to be cheapened, it's my hydralisks.

I think the OP realizes the Ultras are missing something: they're too easily kited by bio and get gummed up in skirmishes.

Ideas:
1. Have frenzy include immunity from concussive marauder attacks. Seriously. They're immune to every other effect. This should be a no brainer.
2. Have an upgrade in the cavern where if a nearby unit is attacked, the ultralisk's speed is increased by 25% as long as it remains on an a+move command. Call it Enragement or something like that. Lasts for 5ish seconds and is reset for every new attack.
3. Allow them to walk over small units, aka drones, lings, blings, locusts, and broodlings. If that seems broken, have small units path out of an ultralisks way, similarly to how they path from under collapsable rocks.
Edited by MegaJoe on 6/14/2013 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 03:07 PMPosted by FunkySwerve
This is a troll post.
Reply Quote
I think OP's full name is:
LeftBrainAtHome
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 09:28 PMPosted by MegaJoe
ave frenzy include immunity from concussive marauder attacks. Seriously. They're immune to every other effect. This should be a no brainer.

Hate to tell you this... but concussive shells doesn't affect massive units...
Reply Quote
Lol. this was half-troll, half-showing how ridiculous people on these forums act about balance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]