StarCraft® II

ZvZ help

Help! how do i counter early pools?
Reply Quote
Hey XeKNo

If some one is six pooling you I guess the best thing to do is ether 6 pool your self or handle it with your drones :/ However I have found a great ZvZ strat that hasn't failed me yet! Just go 13 gas, 12 pool, get speed and banes and attack as early as you can, all you need is one good bane connection and its GG. Its a one base play, kind of cheesy but it works.
Reply Quote
15 pool 15 hatch

can hold 6pool,10pool, and 12 pool builds as long as you know the proper responses, and with good micro/scouting.
Reply Quote
15pool, 16hatch.
Reply Quote
15 pool 15 hatch

can hold 6pool,10pool, and 12 pool builds as long as you know the proper responses, and with good micro/scouting.

I don't hold 6/9/10 pool with this build, how do you do please ?
Reply Quote
13 pool, 13 gas. n spine crawler in the mineral line

place your pool directly between your gas n hatch, do the same with an evo chamber on the other side

so it'll look like this:

pool------ evo chamber
gas--------hatch---------------- gas
minerals-----crawler--------minerals
mineralsmineralsminerals

that narrows down the surface area where lings can attk from. If lings move into center of hatch, just get all your drones to attk. You'll lose some but wont lose all since your drones surounds their lings. Keep queen behind hatch in the mineral line when it comes n proceed to get banelings nest.
Edited by Darkshooter on 6/13/2013 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:29 PMPosted by XeKNo

www.google.com or do you think you were the first person to ever ask this?
Reply Quote
Hey XeKNo

If some one is six pooling you I guess the best thing to do is ether 6 pool your self or handle it with your drones :/ However I have found a great ZvZ strat that hasn't failed me yet! Just go 13 gas, 12 pool, get speed and banes and attack as early as you can, all you need is one good bane connection and its GG. Its a one base play, kind of cheesy but it works.

This is easily countered once people are able to micro their lings/banes as something like a 14 14 and a later hatch or 15pool 14 gas 17 hatch will have a much stronger economy and will have more lings + more banelings , and you will not have a natural to fall back on if your all in fails

to OP,

Early pools are usually held by scouting and micro, watch your overlord on the minimap or drone scout or send your first 2 lings to scout, when you see their lings make the same amount (defending with queen + maybe one spine means you can get away with same or slightly less lings, but while they are attacking with your overlord check if they are droning behind it or making more lings and react accordingly.

6pool, stack your drones
10pool all in - cancel your expansion instantly drop 2 spines, start making lings and protect your queen while microing your drones (stack-attack-stack-attack-stack-attack) to buy time.

If your spines finish and you haven't lost too many drones / your queen you will be way ahead and be able to just flood lings and counter attack
Edited by Contend on 6/14/2013 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:52 PMPosted by DuffRose
Just go 13 gas, 12 pool, get speed and banes and attack as early as you can, all you need is one good bane connection and its GG. Its a one base play, kind of cheesy but it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_f9ufVROS8
Reply Quote
06/12/2013 10:29 PMPosted by XeKNo

06/12/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Tamerlane
s long as you know the proper responses

how does it help someone who doesnt know how to counter early pool if you say " as long as you know proper response"
Reply Quote
i always ten pool every zvz, even if it doesn't auto win it gets you an advantage. also don't mutalisks go roach hydra
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 09:11 AMPosted by Column
i always ten pool every zvz, even if it doesn't auto win it gets you an advantage.

i imagine if your opponent 14 14 you lose.
Reply Quote
Don't listen to these people, go 15 hatch then 15 pool and 14 gas, you will have so many drones that you can hold off 6 pool and early pools with ease after you get used to drone stacking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]