StarCraft® II

Gauging interest in..

I will say, thebatz, that I can always appreciate a competent rivial. ;)
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Skyling
If I was being narcissistic I would have waltzed in here, proclaimed myself the greatest player ever, and called everybody else bad, then walked back out.

See, and the tell is here: You are defending yourself and construing it to maintain what you can of your facade. A normal person would have just called me a a**hole and blocked me by now. That is your tell. It worked on you, it works on every other one I have met.

06/14/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Skyling
That's why they're called narcissists, because they're too full of themselves for the possibility of criticism even getting into their head to warrant a response.

Hardly. A narcissist is all about what others perceive of them. They have no self-worth, its 100% self-esteem. They will do anything or construe anything anyway they can if it maintains their facade (eg, what they perceive of others to think of them). That is what you are doing here.

06/14/2013 02:39 PMPosted by FunkySwerve
I will say, thebatz, that I can always appreciate a competent rivial. ;)

There is a phrase that I love which sums it all up: Touché! :)
Edited by tEhbAtZ on 6/14/2013 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 01:59 PMPosted by FunkySwerve
On a scale of 1-10 I am very interested.

Reply Quote
Now that you've shown that you're both projecting and employing circular logic, there's clearly no point in persisting in this matter.

Everybody that was interested or wanted coaching can thank this man because thanks to his valiant internet pseudopsychiatry exposing me for the narcissist I am, there's no point in trying to make a bid for fame.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Skyling
Now that you've shown that you're both projecting and employing circular logic

Projecting. Yes, what a classic comeback! Shift all the ad hominem from yourself to your opponent in three magical words: "You are projecting". Usually it is used when you have nothing to lose (either when you are so far ahead you can't lose, or you are about to lose so you might as well). Considering the circumstances, it would seem your attempt is more towards the latter.

Everybody that was interested or wanted coaching can thank this man

Yes, shift all the blame on me. In reality, I commented on how slow the bnet forums where and you did the rest. Had you not unveiled your facade there would have been little more to discuss and my participation in the thread would have halted after the first post :).

his valiant internet pseudopsychiatry

Valiant? Really? You are too kind! :)

exposing me for the narcissist I am

You misunderstand. These are merely correlations that suggest that there you may be acting narcissistic. Given the amount of evidence one can be fairly confident, but nobody but yourself can truly tell. An additional difference is that between action and state of being (eg, acting narcissistic does not necessarily mean that you are a narcissist). If one is not a narcissist but continues acting narcissistic one will become a narcissist.

The point that I was making in my OP (and since then) that you, and others, seem incapable of perceiving, is that if you are really here to help people than that is great. But if not, if you are here listing your accomplishments and helping others in an attempt to fuel your ego and feel that you are better than those whom you are helping, then you will have to deal with satire humor from me. Pretty simple. :)
Edited by tEhbAtZ on 6/14/2013 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Intellectually brow-beating a guy on an internet gaming forum? Really?

You must be very bored.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Ataraxia
brow-beating

I would prefer the term "(brusque) corrective steering", but its up too you.

06/14/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Ataraxia
internet

Ah, the key word - its the internet! Very little matters here.

You must be very bored.

Hahaha... you have no idea.
Edited by tEhbAtZ on 6/14/2013 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Sky,

I didn't read through all of the posts because most of it was jut flaming. However I remember when you offered the free coaching. I was one of the players that added you on bnet and Skype. So here's proof that you did have people seeking your mentoring. I would like to watch these videos, from what you described it seems like a solid idea.

And to those who may discourage you I point to day9. He has produced almost 600 "dailies" and I have watched them all. He started from the bottom and there is no reason you can't as well. I would watch your show and if you need someone to demonstrate a build on I'd volunteer at the first chance.

Good Luck!
Reply Quote
Sky;
I would be extremely interested in watching a video series detailing Zerg play.
I watch a good amount of Day9, but I've seen almost all his Zerg videos, and I would really like another perspective on everyone's favorite little biological terrors.

Also, i'm kind of surprised at the lack of Mod action in this thread.
All the blatant trolling makes people not want to participate at all, for fear of being relentlessly harassed.
Edited by Nukeman on 6/15/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Despite the douche trolling this thread, I am interested in watching any videos you create.
Reply Quote
Sky;
All the blatant trolling makes people not want to participate at all, for fear of being relentlessly harassed.

^ that's a silly statement; how do you know how others perceive the comments above?

On topic:
IMO http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1965569482 has way more than enough information to sufficiently answer any and all questions newcomers to the swarm may have. [although it seems noone ever clicks the sticky]

More resources for beginners is always good; I'll probably have to differ to Nasreth's original assessment
06/14/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Nasreth
I personally don't know if I would take time to watch this unless the content was exceptional, but I might recommend it for other players if you aimed the content in that direction and gave solid advice.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 10:40 AMPosted by EvvoLuTioNz
Despite the douche trolling this thread, I am interested in watching any videos you create.

Ah hah - the easily impressed have arrived! I wondered when you would get here ;). Btw, it sounds cooler with the appropriate accent: "Douché".
Reply Quote
YES there is high interest in this.. we need a Zerg version of filtersc's Bronze to Masters series.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 10:51 PMPosted by MrPaz
YES there is high interest in this.. we need a Zerg version of filtersc's Bronze to Masters series.

You mean like the Zerg Bronze to Masters series by FilterSC?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]