StarCraft® II

I just faced an unbeatable Terran build.

Here's the summary of the game:

The Terran was on 3 base all game and I delayed his 3rd base significantly through harass.

I was going bling/ling/muta. This T player made 6 factories on 2 base and went pure mech (hellion, tank, widow mine, hellbat). Then when he got his 3rd set up finally he dropped TWELVE barracks and 3 CC's, put reactors on all 12 and pumped only marines and medivacs. I punished this with mutas killing a total of 57 SCVs.

At this point I was on 5 bases. After watching the replay, at this moment I was ahead in the units lost tab, had 83 workers to his 23, had 3/2 to his 2/1. He turtled in his 3rd until he hit 200 supply and then pushed out with a unit comp of: hellions, hellbats, tanks, thors, widow mines, marauders, marines, medivacs, and vikings.

My initial army got a perfect surround on creep and I magic boxed my mutas over the thors. The army melted instantly. I instantly remaxxed with 200 supply of 5/3 ultras. All my ultras melted instantly. I then had no gas and could only make lings, which all melted instantly.

I did everything right this game. The player even said he couldn't believe he had won. I had 135 APM to his 76 at the end of the game. Blizzard, fix your !@#$ing game.
Reply Quote
Replay? Thought so.
Reply Quote
terran can too easily kill zerg. The opposite isn't true. This is imbalance but thats okay for some reason unbeknownst to me. Zerg can not expand ever untill the map is secured, the opposite isnt true for terran, and they even then get free bases with planetary fortresses. This isnt even mentioning the skill less map control they get for free in addition to planetaries from sensor towers and widow mines.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Xenos
Replay? Thought so.

Nobody EVER watches replays when they are posted. Every thread where people post them you get 1 view on the replay. You're not worth my time peon.
Reply Quote
Id like to watch it. Im pretty crap at zerg and I need to know how to counter stuff.
Reply Quote
ITT: Pro zerg player with both perfect micro and macro, one who is currently not at Dreamhack right now, getting beat by THE SINGLE BEST STARCRAFT 2 PLAYER ALIVE using uber terran build that maxes out at 200/200 on 23 drones before prozerg can max out on 5 bases and attack

or

4.5/10 troll.
Reply Quote
Nobody EVER watches replays when they are posted. Every thread where people post them you get 1 view on the replay. You're not worth my time peon.

Just post the replay :v it will take you about a minute. I will watch it ^^
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 04:37 PMPosted by inDefinite
You're not worth my time peon.

We really want to help you now.

You should never die from mech transitioning into crappy unupgraded bio. I'm assuming you probably ran your ultras into thors/tanks and they all melted, but until you post the replay, who knows.

Hell, how do you even lose to bio without stim/medivacs?
Reply Quote
ITT: Pro zerg player with both perfect micro and macro, one who is currently not at Dreamhack right now, getting beat by THE SINGLE BEST STARCRAFT 2 PLAYER ALIVE using uber terran build that maxes out at 200/200 on 23 drones before prozerg can max out on 5 bases and attack

or

4.5/10 troll.
Reply Quote
Replay? Thought so.

Then don't post titles like "unbeatable Terran build". It should be "I got rolled by a Terran, now I'm gonna QQ".
Reply Quote
Against Mech use roach or roach hydra mid-game, and your late game should be Corruptor/Broodlord.
Infestors are still useful in the late game for using Fungal on Vikings/Ravens.
Be careful not to go in without detection, mines will wreak havoc on your air.

Some very very good zerg players are able to use mutas against a good mech player, but most just end up losing.

I don't get it...HOTS is released and everyone forgot that Broodlords exist.
Edited by JoeSavy on 6/15/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Without a replay, how does anyone know this really happened? This could be a biased opinion of what happened, not even close to the truth.
Reply Quote
Replay? Thought so.

and threads without replays get 0 views.
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 09:02 PMPosted by Oboeman
and threads without replays get 0 views.

Obviously not.
Reply Quote
ling bane muta vs mech is pretty much an auto loss
Reply Quote
i said views, but i guess i meant meaningful replies
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Oboeman
i said views, but i guess i meant meaningful replies

Indeed. :)
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 06:26 PMPosted by JoeSavy
Against Mech use roach or roach hydra mid-game,

If he doesn't have tanks, which he always will.
Reply Quote
Can we have a replay? I'm having some real trouble picturing a game where you didn't either take heavy damage early on, or fail to do something meaningful before they maxed.
Reply Quote
Without a replay, I presume his unupgraded ultras got annihilated by his 3/3 upgraded units.

My 5/3 ultras are easily killed by 3/3 Bios. Thats why I dont bring them by themselves even with fastlings. I always mixblings with them. And I dont let them get annihilated by widowmines too. I always have Overseers with them or tanking group of Overlords.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]