StarCraft® II

hots..zerg can't play without SH?

comments?

i did some test without using SH vs either T or P but it seems without SH now it really put us into bad position in later part of them game..

vs T(mech)

terran composition with thor, hellbat, tank.

ppl might recommend going muta against hellbat and tank but terran can switch to thor which make your muta usless..and any ground army can be melt by hellbat.

vs P
mass colo a move can easily run over zerg army..so we still need SH for offensive play .

and now it seems there is really nothing 'creative' zerg can do but just slowly push in or def?
is this really the new way zerg have to play?
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Nasreth
vs T(mech)

You should see some of the replays I have in my fast hive tech thread where I play against mech. I defend early attacks with a handful of roaches and banelings (in an emergency) and I fast tech to ultralisk. Once I hit a critical mass of ultras I pretty much just a-move into his tank line lol.

mass colo a move can easily run over zerg army..so we still need SH for offensive play .

I play a pretty aggressive style against Protoss where I open with ling/hydra or roach/hydra and transition from there. If I scout a robo I like to tech switch to ling/muta around 150 supply before moving into hive tech, which moves nicely into an ultralisk transition - ultra/hydra is fantastic late game, especially with a couple infestors. If they move into templar instead of colossi I typically just mass roach ftw, but if he somehow manages to hold that then ultralisk or broodlords are both excellent followups.

Against double stargate I mix banelings in with my hydras (to kill zealots) and stay really aggressive to deny their third.

i did try alot of composition and still SH is the best imo..ultra works well against tank is true but if terran pull off a stunt like setting up a tank line its impossible to atk..yes its impossible to atk and with the help of wm its much more worst.in the end we can do nothing but defense or if lucky caught them off guard.

plus early hellbat drop from them just roll everything up and put us really back in the game..and so its like im only going roaches+SH if i wanna win. i have try roaches+hydra etc or baneling and all dont work well in terms of dps and by the time your unit reach them, your army is already half dead..

vs bio

back to muta,ling,bling,ultra or roach+hydra+viper

nothing much to say here..

vs P

same problem(exclude the mid gameplay,lets talk about late game). without SH protoss can just run over us because all our unit just melt infront of colo..leaving zerg again in defend position again because we cant really go atk like other race..and in the end its like who can drain out which player first..totally nothing we can do but just SH everywhere we go.
Reply Quote
Nasreth knows what's up..

Ultralisk is so much better than it used to be. Try playing colossi toss against an ultra army... I would soil my pants when I moved my colossi into his main to find a bunch of ultras. Ultras eat colossi like 4thmeal...

As far as the tank line goes, take a moment to seperate control groups and put the ultras to the front so that they soak the first wave of siege fire. This way the lings will get a free pass to tank pwnage.

The crackling is also a key part of the ultra play. Use them appropriately, swing them around to target down colossi, or to target the tanks or any high priority unit. They share ups with ultras and just synergies so well don't neglect them.
Reply Quote
Nasreth knows what's up..

Ultralisk is so much better than it used to be. Try playing colossi toss against an ultra army... I would soil my pants when I moved my colossi into his main to find a bunch of ultras. Ultras eat colossi like 4thmeal...

As far as the tank line goes, take a moment to seperate control groups and put the ultras to the front so that they soak the first wave of siege fire. This way the lings will get a free pass to tank pwnage.

The crackling is also a key part of the ultra play. Use them appropriately, swing them around to target down colossi, or to target the tanks or any high priority unit. They share ups with ultras and just synergies so well don't neglect them.

i dunno what you trying to say but if they know you going ultra they will go immortal so yea..nothing much to say here.in the end the ultra is totally useless.btw we talk about late game..not mid game.

lol as for your terran separate control groups wont make a different..and what you say is for pure tank? i nv see that b4..with wm too GL to your lings and ultra.
Reply Quote
im going swarm hosts all the time in 2v2!

they are basically the only zerg unit that fights without trading.
Reply Quote

+9999999
i want to master swarm host..and locust all day.

locust+corruptor+infestor is FUN!
Reply Quote
I dont think your really forced into swarm hosts that much. I think going swarm hosts is the main thing zerg has at the moment that doesnt require tech switches especially vs protoss, letting you just keep doing one thing and relying on superior execution rather than superior composition. Vs protoss atm im just tech switching between hydras mutas roaches ultralisks and broodlords behind aggression. The ideal counters to all of these are so different and zerg can give protoss very little time to prepare for the next composition.

Like nasreth im also just rushing ultras vs mech with pretty good sucess. Though the entire style is based on the lie that mech needs to push you ever. I dont know if anyone has a solution to a terran who is willing to sit on his !@#$ the whole game. But yea quick ultras destroys way mech is played at the moment.
Reply Quote
I dont think your really forced into swarm hosts that much.
I dont know if anyone has a solution to a terran who is willing to sit on his !@#$ the whole game.

i think it might involve swarm hosts.
Reply Quote

They're basically the only cost effective unit Zerg has, making it rather ideal for team games where the maps are designed in a way that Zerg can't be up a base all the time.
Reply Quote
Nasreth! - Where is this fast HIVE tech thread you speak of!??! me likey and want to seez it!
Reply Quote
I've never really used sh
Reply Quote
There are roach/hydra builds that work quite well, right up to GM. In particular, Suppy, Idra, etc, never use them.

Personally i prefer SH by a wide margin. Depends on your playstyle. Do you want to play aggresive, or a long macro turtle game with massive amounts of static D
Reply Quote
did you guys see that dreamhack game this morning that ended up in a swarm host war? it was between pig and someone else. i was so excited to see them in a zvz!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]