StarCraft® II

Storyline makes no sense (spoiler)???

06/17/2013 05:11 PMPosted by DarthCaedus
they would have never stopped chasing her and would have got to her before she was powerful enough to resist them.

The Kal'dir Protoss sure didn't look like they were in any hurry to hunt down Kerrigan.

The second mission, they were only trying to escape back to Shakuras and the third mission was to infiltrate the primary colony ship (also headed for Shakuras). If anything, Kerrigan killed a Protoss colony that was only trying to escape her pointless onslaught.
Reply Quote
i find it ironic how people dont like the HotS story because of kerrigan being too nice and other people hating it because of kerrigan being too evil.
Reply Quote
anyone who at this point believes the story line is even 50% good, is obviously infatuated with blizzard and will hold to them like the air they breathe.....you go out of your way to find real inside issues.....I will say the issues are right there in the surface...

- Kerrigan gains her zerg back by beating a queen on an egg competition(facepalm)
-Whole planets fall in line by Kerrigan making a "mental" cutscene thing (repeated facepalm)
- Duran = Narud(my face is now really sore)
-You worry about Kerrigan beating Zeratul? I worry about why she didn't RUN from him, cause even she said she had no recollection of her days as the Queen of Blades....and Kerrigan(in her full human form) NEVER met Zeratul
- Big "azz" Leviathan only has one room in the front.....
- The whole campaing, with all those nostalgic "bosses" fights, is made to bring old WoW players(like myself) back to WoW(the actual blizzard money machine)
- Fueling is a serious chanllenge for the Leviathan....once you land in a planet...there is no going out of there until the job is done....or maybe this is a US Marines thing...I don't know....
- Since you cannot have an arcade machine inside the Leviathan(because that would be weird) they came up with a whole terran arcade mission....
- All the previous liberation missions were erased in a second with the coming of the HoS
- in this campaing, you know form mission one how the whole thing is gonna end......you know as of the previous one, where you CANNOT imagine the artifact pieces will ultimately be use to get Kerrigan back until the very last 2 missions.....

the truth is this campaing is a PoS**t rushed to the door for no reason other than Blizzard is losing money
gl trolls...
peace out....
Edited by Alanor on 6/18/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Gradius: The worlds she ordered destroyed were dominion production worlds, not exactly a major civilian target.

Killing the protoss was out of self-defense, if she ran from them then, they would have never stopped chasing her and would have got to her before she was powerful enough to resist them.

Been over this argument a million times, but:
1) Cruxas 3 is not a production world. It's a full-blown city tileset with apartment buildings destroyed by zerg & everything. Pretty hard to deny. There's another planet with full-blown lights visible from orbit, and they can't all be dedicated to military production. Why did Kerrigan attack random protoss worlds in the evolution missions? How does that serve the war? Don't want to piss off the protoss? How about not attacking their planets?
2) Factory workers at military installations are still civilians who don't deserve to die. Kerrigan didn't need to kill all those people since she didn't even use all her broods on Korhal. Mengsk is nothing but a fly compared to Kerrigan if you ignore all of Blizzard's retcons (it's almost like there wasn't a giant invasion in the last game or anything).
3) Protoss are not going to launch some giant man-hunt because somebody saw Kerrigan who is gone now. They could have done that back in Wings of Liberty. They're not stupid, they already know she is deinfested, and you can come to Kal'Dir as the primal queen of blades, in which case they do nothing different. The fact that they didn't bother doing anything during HoTS is proof that they could care less about chasing Kerrigan.
Edited by Gradius on 6/17/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Alanor
- The whole campaing, with all those nostalgic "bosses" fights, is made to bring old WoW players(like myself) back to WoW(the actual blizzard money machine)

No its not. It is there for the story. The most likely got the inspiration from war3 if anything else.

- Since you cannot have an arcade machine inside the Leviathan(because that would be weird) they came up with a whole terran arcade mission....

That mission has nothing to do with the arcade machine missing... Where are you getting this stuff?

- All the previous liberation missions were erased in a second with the coming of the HoS

Again, where are you getting this? The missions are still there, you can play them.

- in this campaing, you know form mission one how the whole thing is gonna end......you know as of the previous one, where you CANNOT imagine the artifact pieces will ultimately be use to get Kerrigan back until the very last 2 missions.....

Since when is this a bad thing?

the truth is this campaing is a PoS**t rushed to the door for no reason other than Blizzard is losing money

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2012/11/08/starcraft-ii-hots-delay/

Like almost all blizzard games, HotS was delayed... How is this rushed? We also have comments complaining about it not being rushed ironically.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6232743778

The fact that they didn't bother doing anything during HoTS is proof that they could care less about chasing Kerrigan.

I'm sure they care, but i dont think they are in a position to do anything. Maybe loners like Karass would try though, but that hardly would do anything.
Edited by Brathearon on 6/17/2013 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 05:11 PMPosted by DarthCaedus
@Gradius: The worlds she ordered destroyed were dominion production worlds, not exactly a major civilian target.

lol , you serious ? One swarm host evolution mission is on one of those worlds ,it takes place in a HUGE city , so yeah ...

Besides that , when Kerrigan says ,,go destroy that wold'' we actually see that world from orbit (before it is covered by creep) and you can see huge city lights from space , there is no denial to this.
Reply Quote
Again, where are you getting this? The missions are still there, you can play them.

I'm doing my best not to ever answer your posts , but this made me laugh so hard I just had to say ,,LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL'' ... seriously hahahaha
Reply Quote
. In order for Kerrigan to become a primal, she is told she has to be full of hatred, etc. It makes it sound as if she needs to be extremely malevolent and dark to survive the transformation. However, after she transforms, she is no less compassionate than before she transformed. At multiple points, she goes out of her way to ensure human's survive as she seeks her revenge on Mengsk. It just seems to me that her personality after the transformation is completely contradictory to what she was told it would do to her. That ties into the 2nd point.

Hatred for mengsk is enough.

2. In the end after killing Mengsk, she talks about losing her humanity. However, just before you started the final mission, while talking to Valerian, she agrees to go out of her way to ensure no civilians are harmed. How is that not an act of altruism? In what way has she lost her humanity? She still cares, loves Jim still, is more powerful than ever, so what has been lost? Her words just don't match up with the drama and compassion that she displays?

Because of what she did as QoB and even more recently against the Dominion on char etc.

The Xel'Naga artifact affects her completely differently now than it did in the first one. How is it that the artifact suddenly changed how it affects her? No explanation, it's just now instead of letting off a wide-ranged blast like it did in the first SCII, it shoots out electric jolts at Kerrigan. Makes no sense.

The artifact is not fully charged.

4. Why did Zeratul let Kerrigan pound the sh*t out of him? He shows up to give her a message, and he just lets her pound him into the ground until he finally feels like showing her the vision. I get that he didn't want to kill her, but why not say something right from the start, or in some way try to defend yourself?

If he defended himself, that would prolong their fight, which is counter productive.

5. Dakara collects essences and seems to continually try to become more and more powerful. However, the guy basically looks like a crippled zerg, with one arm missing, replaced by a smaller stubby arm. For someone with his agenda and his accomplishments, why does he look like a deformed and crippled zerg? Why not grow back that arm to its full size?

I'm not sure on that one either..

6. Why does Kerrigan have to spend so much time regaining specific types of zerg? The only thing they lost was her, but suddenly now they have to go through a bunch of trouble just to make many of the same zerg she used to. It seemed ridiculous to me that the zerg started out so weak, and took most of the game to finally regain many units that she had well before SCII in the original SC.

Because she starts out with small specialized broods.
Reply Quote
anyone who at this point believes the story line is even 50% good, is obviously infatuated with blizzard and will hold to them like the air they breathe.....you go out of your way to find real inside issues.....I will say the issues are right there in the surface...

- Kerrigan gains her zerg back by beating a queen on an egg competition(facepalm)
-Whole planets fall in line by Kerrigan making a "mental" cutscene thing (repeated facepalm)
-You worry about Kerrigan beating Zeratul? I worry about why she didn't RUN from him, cause even she said she had no recollection of her days as the Queen of Blades....and Kerrigan(in her full human form) NEVER met Zeratul
- Fueling is a serious chanllenge for the Leviathan....once you land in a planet...there is no going out of there until the job is done....or maybe this is a US Marines thing...I don't know....

gl trolls...
peace out....

OH BOY a generalization! "anyone who doesn't like starcraft 2 is a small child!!1" see I can do that too.

"- Kerrigan gains her zerg back by beating a queen on an egg competition(facepalm)"

Or it's because she kicked her @$$ physically afterwards..

"-Whole planets fall in line by Kerrigan making a "mental" cutscene thing (repeated facepalm)"

Oh no! OPINIONS!! (objectively badobjectively badobjectively badobjectively bad)

"-You worry about Kerrigan beating Zeratul? I worry about why she didn't RUN from him, cause even she said she had no recollection of her days as the Queen of Blades....and Kerrigan(in her full human form) NEVER met Zeratul"

Why exactly would she run from him?

"- Big "azz" Leviathan only has one room in the front....."

I'm glad you know this so well, except for the fact that you don't.

"- The whole campaing, with all those nostalgic "bosses" fights, is made to bring old WoW players(like myself) back to WoW(the actual blizzard money machine)"

Clearly, there's is no other explanation!!!

"- Fueling is a serious chanllenge for the Leviathan....once you land in a planet...there is no going out of there until the job is done....or maybe this is a US Marines thing...I don't know...."

Okay? I guess?

"- Since you cannot have an arcade machine inside the Leviathan(because that would be weird) they came up with a whole terran arcade mission...."

..What? are you talking about that mission against mira han?

"- All the previous liberation missions were erased in a second with the coming of the HoS"

How so?

"- in this campaing, you know form mission one how the whole thing is gonna end......you know as of the previous one, where you CANNOT imagine the artifact pieces will ultimately be use to get Kerrigan back until the very last 2 missions....."

That's a valid criticism.
Reply Quote

Correction, Kerrigan gains a small portion of the swarm by defeating a Brood mother in combat (you don't even have to collect the eggs)

Correction: Dominion production worlds are destroyed because Kerrigan demands that the rejoining Broodmothers prove their loyalty.

She didn't lose all of her memories, she even acts remorseful sometimes because of what she did.

And the point in adding a bunch of useless areas is?

I had no idea that one mission meant that it is nothing but boss fights, that is less than 1/25 of the game (considering how short said mission was)

Why leave a job half done?

I failed to see any indication of how the general dominion populace felt towards mengsk in the campaign.

It is the same thing as the protoss missions in WoL.

So, who cares if you know what is going to happen.

In brood war you knew how Episode IV would end right from the start, they go to shakuras and use the temple to destroy the zerg, by the logic you give in your post the thing with Aldaris is unimportant.

And to look at Kaldir.

Mission 1: protoss are trying to call in their fleet to destroy kerrigan, stop them.

Mission 2: see above

Mission 3: see above

The entire arc featured the protoss trying as hard as possible to notify shakuras that the QoB is weakened.
Reply Quote

Killing the protoss was out of self-defense, if she ran from them then, they would have never stopped chasing her and would have got to her before she was powerful enough to resist them.

Been over this argument a million times, but:
1) Cruxas 3 is not a production world. It's a full-blown city tileset with apartment buildings destroyed by zerg & everything. Pretty hard to deny. There's another planet with full-blown lights visible from orbit, and they can't all be dedicated to military production. Why did Kerrigan attack random protoss worlds in the evolution missions? How does that serve the war? Don't want to piss off the protoss? How about not attacking their planets?
2) Factory workers at military installations are still civilians who don't deserve to die. Kerrigan didn't need to kill all those people since she didn't even use all her broods on Korhal. Mengsk is nothing but a fly compared to Kerrigan if you ignore all of Blizzard's retcons (it's almost like there wasn't a giant invasion in the last game or anything).
3) Protoss are not going to launch some giant man-hunt because somebody saw Kerrigan who is gone now. They could have done that back in Wings of Liberty. They're not stupid, they already know she is deinfested, and you can come to Kal'Dir as the primal queen of blades, in which case they do nothing different. The fact that they didn't bother doing anything during HoTS is proof that they could care less about chasing Kerrigan.

you keep going with the unnecesary protoss killing QQ?? get over it man, its a war, people die not necesary for a reason... besides, this post is not about protoss, don't you have other things to talk about?? sooo denseeeee
Reply Quote
Hate fest !
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 11:02 PMPosted by GeoN
people die not necesary for a reason

what the hell does that even mean?
Reply Quote
I've never understood why people take personal offense when you make a statement they don't agree with. In a normal setting with adults, that is called discussion/debate, and it is how you learn about other people's perspectives.

Anyway, I never intended for this to be a flaming war, simply an unbiased analysis of the story and was hoping for some insight into things I may have missed that Blizz has covered.

I'm just not the type of person to overlook inconsistencies and contradictions just because I like something, nor am I someone to attack others that don't see things the same way I do. I enjoyed playing the game, generally speaking. I'm just frustrated at the poor development of the storyline that went along with it.

In addition, I just pointed out what I felt were some of the more prominent issues. I didn't even cover many of the more minor ones, like how Kerrigan could have easily used her telekinesis on Raynor on the mission where they blew up the bridge, or how Mengsk talks about "keeping her close" in the final cut-scene when he hasn't been near her in years. I could have given many more issues with the storyline, but my sole intention was to see if Blizz ever took the time to fill in the gaps, which clearly, they haven't.

If it makes someone feel better about themselves by deluding themselves into thinking the storyline is flawless, then that is their choice. However, the fact of the matter is that self-delusion won't change that this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.
Edited by Ascendant on 6/19/2013 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
people die not necesary for a reason

what the hell does that even mean?

its a war, people die, a reason is not necessary.

06/19/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Ascendant
I've never understood why people take personal offense when you make a statement they don't agree with.

I didnt take offense to anything.

If it makes someone feel better about themselves by deluding themselves into thinking the storyline is flawless, then that is their choice. However, the fact of the matter is that self-delusion won't change that this story has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

I dont think any of us think that the story is flawless, however these issues are easily explained.
Edited by Brathearon on 6/19/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I enjoyed playing the game, generally speaking. I'm just frustrated at the poor development of the storyline that went along with it.

This 1000 times.

The story is terrible.

People can like it, but it's still pretty bad.
Edited by Retloclive on 6/19/2013 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I didnt take offense to anything.

I know, it was not directed at you, but those that felt a need to berate others who didn't agree with them. You have kept this civilized, even though you and I do not see eye to eye. I appreciate and respect that of you.

these issues are easily explained.

Well, that is where you and I once again disagree. What is easily explained about her not using her telekinesis to lift Raynor over the bridge? What is easily explained about how Mengsk, who hasn't seen Kerrigan in years, made statements about keeping her close? What is easily explained about the fact that after Kerrigan's transformation, her new (initial) abilities hit for LESS damage than the ones she had before the transformation?

I know I may be coming off as over-analyzing, but I have a typical physicist mentality. I am extremely analytical. I know that anything held under a magnifying glass will show at least some type of flaws; that I expect. However, like I said, this game is riddled with them. I tried to overlook a lot of them, but some were just too prominent to blow off. It just seems like they didn't put as much thought into the story this time around as they did in the original SC.
Edited by Ascendant on 6/19/2013 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Ascendant
What is easily explained about her not using her telekinesis to lift Raynor over the bridge?

Well this wasnt listed originally, however i believe the problem was with the archangel being there. If she had just done it with a quick jerk to cover that distance, it may have killed Raynor. However, doing it slowly, and then losing concentration because of the archangel's fire, would also kill raynor.

What is easily explained about how Mengsk, who hasn't seen Kerrigan in years, made statements about keeping her close?

i believe this is left over dialogue from the old ending. It should have been removed.

in case you missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YkX4Yt4ek8

What is easily explained about the fact that after Kerrigan's transformation, her new (initial) abilities hit for LESS damage than the ones she had before the transformation?

Didnt they cost less/faster CD though? Regardless, just having those abilities also changes her stats if i recall.
Edited by Brathearon on 6/19/2013 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

you keep going with the unnecesary protoss killing QQ?? get over it man, its a war, people die not necesary for a reason... besides, this post is not about protoss, don't you have other things to talk about?? sooo denseeeee

I'll shut up when people quit saying that Kerrigan is some sort of humanitarian in HoTS. And no I don't have better things to talk about when Blizzard's easily-placated audience continues to ignore/overlook what is one of the largest flaws in this story.

Who cares about Kerrigan floating Raynor over the bridge when the entire character that HoTS examines and revolves around is utterly inconsistent, randomly meandering between "decent human being" and "destroyer of worlds"?
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Ascendant
I've never understood why people take personal offense when you make a statement they don't agree with.

Because of ignorance.

I'll shut up when people quit saying that Kerrigan is some sort of humanitarian in HoTS. And no I don't have better things to talk about when Blizzard's easily-placated audience continues to ignore/overlook what is one of the largest flaws in this story.

Who cares about Kerrigan floating Raynor over the bridge when the entire character that HoTS examines and revolves around is utterly inconsistent, randomly meandering between "decent human being" and "destroyer of worlds"?

I wanted to say exactly this , but because you said it before me , I'll just quote you because I'm lazy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]