StarCraft® II

Way too easy, even on brutal.

I just have to say, I felt the campaign was way, WAY too easy. Even on brutal, the campaign was a snooze-fest. On the first SCII, I remember the final mission being VERY difficult, with you having to watch groups of units in multiple areas of the map while having to juggle several things at the same time. On the final mission of HotS, I basically focused on my one base, kept a small handful of units there to guard it, and had a large army run around the map taking out the terrans. There was never any point in time that I felt it was even the slightest bit difficult or challenging.

What happened? Why not make it harder? If people can't take the difficulty, that is what lower difficulty levels are for. I just feel like those who are more skilled at this type of game were left out on this expansion, and I have no interest in multiplayer for multiple reasons. I was just expecting a little more challenge.
Reply Quote
You are the 115815265912651028956109826510875120 person that said that , yes the campaign was stupidly easy.

Blizzard's justification is : statistics show very few people actually played the campaign ... so why invest so much work into the campaign if nobody actually plays it ? This traduces in : screw the people that care , satisfy the careless masses.
Reply Quote
You are the 115815265912651028956109826510875120 person that said that , yes the campaign was stupidly easy.

Blizzard's justification is : statistics show very few people actually played the campaign ... so why invest so much work into the campaign if nobody actually plays it ? This traduces in : screw the people that care , satisfy the careless masses.

Apologies for being redundant. I don't frequent the forums. I gave up on them two years ago when I stopped playing WOW.

I am very surprised that so few people actually cared about the campaign. To me, it was the only reason to play. I see no point in multiplayer. People cheat, there is no true sense of accomplishment in memorization of a very simple counter list, it is extremely redundant (specific start-order, specific builds that are effective, etc.), and there is no end-goal.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Ascendant
People cheat, there is no true sense of accomplishment in memorization of a very simple counter list, it is extremely redundant (specific start-order, specific builds that are effective, etc.), and there is no end-goal.

People have said similar things like this too =)

Do not say this on the general forums though, they will react extremely negatively.

Some people claim it is nostalgia, however, that simply is not the case because if you go back to play WoL, you will see the same difficulty you remember.

LotV hopefully will be similar to WoL difficultywise judging from the prophecy missions in WoL. Hopefully at least.
Reply Quote
06/17/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Brathearon
Some people claim it is nostalgia, however, that simply is not the case because if you go back to play WoL, you will see the same difficulty you remember.

No, only 1 mission in WoL is actually difficult with right tech choices. And do not forget, that nobody have yet beaten conviction going hardest way possible (or did one?)(*cough*Damastes is genius*cough*). But WoL brutal was beaten without upgrades with what i'd say is hardest way possible to do it. If anything (under anything i mean ignoring Kerrigan's existence) hots is close in it's ezness to WoL
Reply Quote

Blizzard is starting to grow a bad mentality... how about making the campaign something people want to do even more? Making a difficulty so hard that people would be proud to defeat would be one such thing.

That said, i dont think designing a hard difficulty is that hard, make the level, play it.. too easy? add stuff, play it again.. too easy? keep repeating, level is hard? Well its brutal, so make it harder.
Reply Quote
don't use kerrigan at all... there you go, now you will have a harder time ;) that girl is op
Reply Quote

WoW stats showed that something like less than 10% of accounts hit max level and even a large chunk of those didnt ever partake in end game PVE or PVP yet those areas received most of the attention of the balance and development.
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 01:21 AMPosted by Mallard
WoW stats showed that something like less than 10% of accounts hit max level and even a large chunk of those didnt ever partake in end game PVE or PVP yet those areas received most of the attention of the balance and development.

First of all , wow and sc2 are totally different games, totally different concepts .. comparing them is ... stupid. (and yes I know parts of hots looked sooo much like WoW ... )

The thing is , people buy sc2 for two reasons .... Campaign (the epic singleplayer gameplay , the story , the spirit of the game) and the Multiplayer ... only two reasons to buy starcraft 2.
While the people that buy wow time have a billion reasons to keep buying: PvP (Arenas , bgs , duels , open world pvp , capital city raids) Pve (raids , dungeons , quests) , story & spirit , achievements , mounts , pets , gear , transmogs , titles , the endless flow of expansions and patches(new stuff ,new stuff everywhere !!! wow my stuff now deals 100% more damage , wow , now I know what I'll be doing this week !!!!) [...] and ... the most important ... social life

So yeah ... All we can do is question Blizzard's reasons ,but not the facts.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Drayen
That said, i dont think designing a hard difficulty is that hard, make the level, play it.. too easy? add stuff, play it again.. too easy? keep repeating, level is hard? Well its brutal, so make it harder.

You can't actually, know, cause overly hard levels make certain tech paths too favoured for this particular level. You know, they could design the missions in mind that someone for example will try to complete these without certain evolutions, spells, whatever.
Reply Quote
Mastery achievements on brutal aren't that easy.

But I must agree - they shpuld add Expert mode, where all Mastery achievements are added as mission objectives.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]