StarCraft® II

Final Stand PRP 2

It's been several hundred years since Amon's defeat, and humanity has been pushed to the brink of extinction by the Zerg and Protoss. For three decades, they have been waging a merciless war against the Terrans, glassing and infesting every planet that fell, and leaving the Terrans without a way out. Slowly but surely they were forced to a single planet in the Koprulu Sector, Korhal IV and then the Xeno aggressors set out for Earth, finding more established resistance, but nothing they weren't able to whittle away at, eventually destroying all established resistance in the Sol System. Three bastions of human resistance remain, Earth, Korhal IV and Mars, which was finally made habitable three years before the Fall of Humanity began. In those three years, it was turned into a military bastion, armed with ever upgraded weaponry and defenses, and is also the place where Project Final Flash and it's off shoots were carried out. This project is the reason Humanity is still surviving. It produced the Artemis soldiers, genetically altered and modified super soldiers that could stand toe to toe with the most elite of Protoss warriors and put them to shame. You are soldier among the human ranks, Artemis or otherwise, and you are part of a force dedicated to helping humanity rise again, not just continue to exist, but to rebuild your civilization. However, things look bleak. First you must reestablish communications with the other two planets, a dangerous task with Infested and Zealots prowling the halls of the long range communications towers, and who knows what else. Then you have to rebuild your fleets, but the shipyards are overrun with Zerg and Protoss forces, including things never before seen. Both tasks are extremely dangerous, but possible if you can band together. Pick up your weapon, show your heart of courage, and lead the charge to reclaim Humanity's future, or make your final stand. The choice, is up to you.

This RP is going to very story driven, but subplots are allowed. Just, try not to derail the RP. Here is your application sheet.

^RPer^
Name:
Soldier type: (Artemis or something you make. Use your imagination.)
Appearance: (Terran only. No exceptions. I mean it.)
Armament:
Abilities: (As many as you feel you need, but be reasonable.)
Backstory:
Starting planet:

I'm hoping to give this thing new life.
Edited by Zarkun on 6/17/2013 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
PROJECT: FINAL FLASH

Subject, Draco.

[*******************************************]
l*******************************************l
l*******************************************l
[*******************************************]

Corrupted file detected, please reconstruct profile...

Age, 25...
Eye color, Electric Green...
Body type, Athletic...
Hair color, Platinum...
Skin color, Tanned...
6' 4", 255 lbs...
Features, Scar from training across left eye...

Artemis, Special Operations and Assault division...
Fefnir Mk III Assault Armor, Armored helmet, color: red...
Fully automatic Odin assault rifle, .50 caliber Drop-Dead Combat Pistol, Combat Knives...
Frag grenade, shredder grenade, prototype Plasma grenade...

History, -Classified-

^Warhawk^
Name: Eric
Soldier type: Phantom
Appearance: Slim but fit, 5' 8" and 175 pounds. Matte black armor. Hazel eyes and short-cropped dirty blonde hair. A LOT of surgical scars.
Armament: EMP proton acceleration rifle, Desert eagle w/ specialized ammo, Ripweave vibro-blade, Tactical grenades, Mirage stealth armor.
Abilities: Advanced Augmentation (infiltration, hacking, tactical assessment, assassination), Crack shot.
Backstory: Produced by a subversive offshoot of Final Flash know as the Chimera Initiative. [Data Expunged]
Starting planet: Mars

^Dacder^
Name:Jurassic Conquest (Real name: Lenny Dud)
Soldier type: "Heavy Infantry"
Appearance: Huge, 6'8, 285 pounds, black skin color, bald, large football jersey when not in combat, Black and Green uniform in combat, large pants, black boots.
Armament:MI-68 Personal Minigun, Riot Shield, AK-145 Machine gun, Magnum pistol.
Abilities: Strength (Self-explanatory).
Backstory:Was a Defensive linemen before the war started, he signed up quick, and went around places. He got his nickname from his commander in training camp, and was sent to mars where was just now put into Soren's unit.
Starting planet:Mars

^Jester^
Name: Soren Talmerez
Soldier type: Artemis Engineer
Appearance: Bald, 6 foot 4, heavy build, scar running down left eye to lip.
Armament: Automatic Shotgun, Heavy Gauss Cannon
Abilities:
Technopathy: Manipulates machines and vehicles, allowing for remote control
Deploy Turret: Deploys a turret of his choice, weapon varies from flamethrowers to rockets. Includes two specialized, custom-made turrets.
Repair: Can repair almost any machine
Psi-sense (passive): Soren becomes a detector
Scatter-mines: Deploys a mixed group of automated mines.
Backstory: Earth-born trooper with a unique aptitude with technology. Was stationed on Mars as a guard for a research station before the invasion had begun, and now fights to survive and find others before it is too late.

^Jester^
Name: Cea'lil
Soldier type: Chaplain
Appearance: Light-weight power armor that is not as big as CMC suits, with gold colored square shoulders, and a black helmet with a square mouthpiece and red eye-slits. Some odd symbols adorn her armor, and a mechanical arm extends out of her left shoulder, which houses the Blaster.
Armament: Energy Tri-Scythe, Shoulder-mounted Automated Blaster
Abilities:
Precognition(passive): Low level psionic abilities allows Cea'lil to peer into the future, predicting attacks.
Enhanced Mobility(passive): Twin modules built into Cea'lil's armor allow her to use her jetpack and raise the speed she sprints at.
Grenade: Throws a proximity-activated smart grenade.
Resolve: Cea'lil recites a prayer, inspiring her to fight harder.(DM/RPers choice if it works on others)
Backstory: Cea'lil is relatively young by the standards of her people. Originally a member of the XEF, most of their leaders were lost, and those that survived fled to Korhal IV. Cea'fli has seen little combat between where she had originally lived and Korhal IV. Despite that, she is eager to prove her skills, and help defend humanity. As a Chaplain, she was given respect from her people and she feels cheated regarded it. She hopes that the XEF will reform once again, but secretly, she doubts it will happen after all the damage that has been caused.
Starting planet: Korhal IV

^ThaneKrios^
Name: Veley "Smiles" Riffost
Appearance: http://gabaonfox.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/the-old-republic-shae-vizla.jpg
Soldier Type: Infantry/Special Tasks Group
Armament:
Devroy Manufactured M-93 Sniper Rifle (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100209135845/masseffect/images/2/26/Mantis_Sniper.png)
P-45 Gauss Pistol
Combat Knife
Abilities: If I need this, I will add it in. Still don't think abilities should be in Roleplays :\
Starting Planet: Earth
Backstory:

Veley was the youngest of eight siblings on a ranch back on earth. Her brothers and sisters would always physically fight to pass time and strengthen themselves. The fights were everything to them. Defeat was not an option. Fights would be staged in the barnyard where adults couldn't see them and they would often times get seriously injured or bullied. Veley got the worst of it. She had never won a fight in her life until the age of sixteen after training extensively on her own. The neighbor boy was training to be an elite soldier in the nearby academy and he helped her with several techniques and moves that gave Veley the edge in most combat types. Formal training became invaluable to her later success.

With no parents or adults involved in the fights, they easily became beatings Veley and other younger siblings were forced to endure. Veley became bitter and Rude to those she didn't know well. Veley felt completely alone in the world. The neighbor boy was the only source of good in her life. He trained her in rifles and close combat alike. The two became close and through the next few years, he trained her as she became the soldier she needed to be.

Veley had been running and hiding in the fields while the fights went on every night to avoid the usual beating, but this time, she would show up. Silent and humorlessly, she subdued each and every challenger.

By seventeen years of age, Veley left her family behind to pursue a romantic relationship with the neighbor boy, who was to be stationed on Mars. She took the next transport to meet him and spent much time with the boy. They continued to strengthen their relationship throughout their time together until he was called to serve on tour aboard a ship.

Veley returned to Earth and did mercenery work as she patiently waited for her love to return. It was on the news she saw the ship he was on crumble under the might of the zerg. Devastated and distraught, she became a bounty-hunter. Hunting was natural to her and fighting was the only thing she knew how to do.

Three years passed since her old neighbor was KIA. She continued to mourn for him and take self-pity until she realized the aliens would soon silence all terrans in the galaxy. She had to join the military. Enlisting in the nearest academy, she furthered her training and was instantly inserted as a sniper in the infantry.
Starting Planet: Earth

^TheLostMorph^
Name: Zorra
Soldier type: Artemis, Special Operations infiltration and Assault Division
Appearance: small lithe build, 5'2", beautiful golden with flecks of brown eyes, auburn shoulder length hair, pale skin tone, several scars down her back from fighting with a Zealot
Armament: Kisani MK II Infiltration and Assault Armor; Earthy Brown, Silenced Ion Rifle, Plasma Saber; Black core with gold edging(Will remove if requested but wanted to try anyway), Shredder Grenades, Flash Bangs, K-68 'Grim Reaper' semi-auto silenced pistol
Abilities: Advanced Infiltration Training(Passive), Cloak(semi passive),
Backstory: -Classified-
Starting planet: Earth

^ShadowFury^
Name: Morris Reese
Soldier type: Kameelperd- Is specially augmented in leg muscles to allow greater speed and jumping and has augmented hearing. There are also multitude of reserve augmentations for the use of reflex ability.
Appearance: A darker skin tone, somewhere between black and white, but not Hispanic or Asian. Short black hair and brown eyes. He is quite muscled, and will most likely either be wearing his brown armor or simple grey trousers and black shirt, the latter of which having a white giraffe head on the top-right of it. Armor appears like this: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/inteldetail/4d59e053-d415-48e2-9d6e-c02466d0ff6d/ranger?category=armor

Armament: War Giraffe (which has its own armaments), M-61 Submachine Gun, energy lance
Abilities: Reflex, Giraffe Whisperer(Passive)
Reflex- Morris' brain slows down its perception of time and his reserve augmentations activate, this allows for extremely fast movement in small amounts of time, and the capability to sometimes even dodge bullets.
Giraffe Whisperer- It allows Morris to communicate with giraffes.

Backstory: ...Let's skip this, shall we?

Starting planet: Earth

War Giraffe Armaments (Prone to change): Head mounted grenade launcher, shoulder mounted machine guns, hooves, hip mounted machine guns
Edited by Zarkun on 6/18/2013 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
-reserved-
Reply Quote
You guys can post now...just sayin...
Reply Quote
hmm ... I've seen this before ... no idea if I still have the character I originally made or not ... though I wasn't terribly creative the first time this was out ... and you didn't seem to do a very good job of juggling three separate story lines ...
Edited by TheLostMorph on 6/14/2013 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've gotten better since. The biggest issue was telling others the difference in planets. Don't worry, I'm set this time.
Reply Quote
k I may rejoin not entirely sure though
Reply Quote
Hope you do. Hope War joins as well. Seems like an RP he might enjoy. If you reuse Oraia...yeah, clean her up some.
Reply Quote
Thought I used Oraia for Korozain's RP ... eh ... I'll just make a new character.
Reply Quote
You used Oraia in this first, then Koro's. It's ultimately up to you, however.
Reply Quote
^Dacder^
Name:Jurassic Conquest (Real name: Lenny Dud)
Soldier type: "Heavy Infantry"
Appearance: Huge, 6'8, 285 pounds, black skin color, bald, large football jersey when not in combat, Black and Green uniform in combat, large pants, black boots.
Armament:MI-68 Personal Minigun, Riot Shield, AK-145 Machine gun, Magnum pistol.
Abilities: Strength (Self-explanatory).
Backstory:Was a Defensive linemen before the war started, he signed up quick, and went around places. He got his nickname from his commander in training camp, and was sent to mars where was just now put into Soren's unit.
Starting planet:Mars
Reply Quote
Umm... As much as I'd like to get really into a whole bunch of RPs, I really don't want to overstretch myself and have to drop out. On a similar note, I'm a little sceptical about trying to reboot DarkBlade right now esp with Darkra's RP trying to get off the ground... but that's just me.

As for joining... I'll see.
Edited by Warhawk on 6/15/2013 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In my defense on DarkBlade, I'd planned to redux it this summer well before Fantasiora.
Reply Quote
Alright. I'm working on a char right now. Some sort of ultimate stealth/sniper/assassin type character. Probably going to be influenced by Thane/Kisumi from Mass Effect.
Reply Quote
That's fine, just don't want too many Artemis soldiers is all
Reply Quote
^Warhawk^
Name: Eric
Soldier type: Phantom
Appearance: Slim but fit, 5' 8" and 175 pounds. Matte black armor. Hazel eyes and short-cropped dirty blonde hair. A LOT of surgical scars.
Armament: EMP proton acceleration rifle, Desert eagle w/ specialized ammo, Ripweave vibro-blade, Tactical grenades, Mirage stealth armor.
Abilities: Advanced Augmentation (infiltration, hacking, tactical assessment, assassination), Crack shot.
Backstory: Produced by a subversive offshoot of Final Flash know as the Chimera Initiative. [Data Expunged]
Edited by Warhawk on 6/16/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So I really need to put this in the OP, but this RP takes place a few hundred years after LotV, so while the concept is cool, it isn't quite RP accurate. Maybe a different program, that I will need the name for, created him.
Reply Quote
Alright made a couple of edits.
Reply Quote
Looks good. I'll add him when I can get on a comp.
Reply Quote
I'll make a new char tonight or tomorrow
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]