StarCraft® II

I'm tired of Protoss

You're seriously going to nerf us? And buff Protoss? Is this some sort of a joke? Not only is Terran not dominating the pro scene, but at the lower levels, it's almost unplayable...
Edited by thePlease on 6/19/2013 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
People on the forums will just tell you "l2p". They think it's acceptable for less skilled players to steal wins.
Reply Quote
as much as I feel the matchup is favoring protoss

you can always play protoss instead of whining as a terran

or play zerg and go mass mass or swarm host, protoss dont seem to have an answer to that

or how about play games yourself instead of using pro games as your examples... neither of you appear to have even played games recently
Edited by Oldben on 6/19/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
im guessing you play bio only 100% of the time, well i play mech 100% of the time and tvp is my best match up, just saying.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Oldben

This. Terran is harder, don't whine, deal with it and get better or get out.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Xenos

now explain me how this game is balanced if there is a race that is easier or harder?
Reply Quote
This game is not balanced. Simple as that. Terran units are trash and require massive amounts of micro and positioning to even do remotely well.

And you have Terran players who do nothing but play this game and who do kind of "okay" that get cheap wins against good players or sometimes win against bad players flooding these forums with "l2p" and "you're bad, just get better", etc. Thus making it seem like there aren't really any problems with the game itself, only because most terran players apparently suck according to them.
Reply Quote
People who say "l2p", high dia or masters

People who whine, plat or lower.

Jeez I wonder if there's some sort of correlation. Look at the other forums, lower level zergs and toss complain just as much. It's not a race issue, it's a skill and attitude issue. Also not surprisingly most complaints are against AOE like mines and coloosi from lower level, units harder to micro against...gee

You dont need to spend entire day on ladder to get to masters, play when you want, play smart and be open to learn. If you are o butt hurt over balance stop playing sc, it's a game, don't play it if you're not having fun.
Reply Quote
06/19/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Xenos

Or morons like you should stop posting on the forums. Terran is harder means that protoss is easier meaning that protoss is stronger overall. Use your brain thanks.
Reply Quote
Or morons like you should stop posting on the forums. Terran is harder means that protoss is easier meaning that protoss is stronger overall. Use your brain thanks.

Ever heard of high risk high reward? Being harder to play means terran has some of the highest dps and strongest compositions in the game (bio for dps and Viking bc raven IS the strongest composition in this game). Just because you are bad and cannot wield it or cannot obtain the sky terran composition does not mean its underpowered.

By your logic you must be a moron too since protoss is "clearly a more powerful race" and you are still playing terran after 7000 games.
Reply Quote
You're wrong ICEdKing. All races should have the option of "high risk, high reward" not just one and it's their only chance of winning. That just screams imbalance.
Reply Quote
This game is not balanced. Simple as that. Terran units are trash and require massive amounts of micro and positioning to even do remotely well.

And you have Terran players who do nothing but play this game and who do kind of "okay" that get cheap wins against good players or sometimes win against bad players flooding these forums with "l2p" and "you're bad, just get better", etc. Thus making it seem like there aren't really any problems with the game itself, only because most terran players apparently suck according to them.

yes

+ to make it worse terran is the least played race so when blizz looks at the 4rums and only sees mostly complaints from the zerg and protoss players in larger numbers they react by nerfing terran and buffing toss and zerg
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 07:29 AMPosted by Crono

I play maybe 2-5 games every day or two days. I work full-time as a teacher, too.

All of my wins in the Protoss matchup come from macro plays, and exclusively bio-based macro plays. I never ever cheese a Protoss or all-in the Protoss.

I'm not an expert at the PvT matchup, but neither is it a truly bad one for me. I'm over 50% in it, and I feel that 99 times out of 100, I make a major positional or engagement mistake that results in my loss.

Actually, you know what might help? Go into Custom Games, load up a ladder map, and run a build you might do versus Protoss against NO OPPONENT. Here are some of the things you should look for:

1. 50 workers @10:00 (any more than 40 at your level and you are on the right track, 50 is about optimal)

2. Time spent supply blocked: if you spend more than 30 seconds supply blocked in 10:00 of gamplay, major major problem.

3. @12:00, what are your upgrades? If you don't have Stim, Combat Shields, Concussive Shell, and at least +1 Weapons, you have another area to work on.

1 and 2 are mandatory, 3 is like bonus points.

I know from offracing as Protoss in Unranked that simply trying to macro well will probably take you to at least a Platinum level even if you don't know what to do with a build. Terran is similar. I can probably go 1-rax FE -> 6-rax and just steamroll average Silver/Gold Protoss players because I will macro way WAY better than they do. Similar concepts apply all the way up the ladder. I play Masters Protoss occasionally during my win streaks on ladder, and I feel a real sense of accomplishment when I beat them because their mechanics are so much cleaner than mine, and I know I played really well.
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Katana
now explain me how this game is balanced if there is a race that is easier or harder?

game is balanced around the highest levels of play, blizzard themselves stated this

doesnt mean its easier to play at lower levels

even where i am you dont see players splitting against anything, no multi-pronged attacks, stray unit control, weird builds... and lots and lots of cheese or bandaid builds

things like hellbats, mines, tanks, colossus, DT, oracles, void rays, banelings, ultras and swarm host just feel way more powerful than they really are
Reply Quote
sigh how many of these posts are the're?(tell me this is the wrong there their i am bad in this area.)
terran is also getting a buff :D
banshees will be a little better now with faster cloaking and cheaper cloak.
i acknowledge they wont be quite the same as the old hellbat drops but please understand that hell bat drops were slightly overpowered. i know this sucks but as a meching player i can see why they are makeing this change it hurts me alot in the way i play but i will adapt.
the warp prism will hurt me more than the Hellbat nerf itself
Reply Quote
06/20/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Katana

It's not. That's why Z/P are more popular. That's the situation. Switch races because nothing will change until T at the pro level starts having trouble.
Reply Quote

yes

+ to make it worse terran is the least played race so when blizz looks at the 4rums and only sees mostly complaints from the zerg and protoss players in larger numbers they react by nerfing terran and buffing toss and zerg

No.... they nerf them because on the pro scene nearly any terran game has turned into hellbatfest. And thats not fun :P
Reply Quote
on the pro scene nearly any terran game has turned into hellbatfest. And thats not fun

Maybe the pros just don't have creativity, ideally you can win with anything if you do it right.

I don't really know what to contribute to this other than I typically have a higher success rate in TvT compared to the other match ups.
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 09:49 AMPosted by MetalRaider
Maybe the pros just don't have creativity, ideally you can win with anything if you do it right.

True but pro's will always use the most efficient composition. I'm sure they play the game enough to come up with a few wacky compositions but its never as good as the ones proven again and again.

Reason why hellbat drops are so popular is not just power of drop but build order and tech infrastructure it sets up. 16 gas opening allows you to get a decently fast CC, hellions for map control and Viking marine for defense. Logically it gives you ability to defend against any marine hellion pressure while having hellbat drop as a counter punch. MVP also gets mines sometimes.

Point is the build itself is versatile and strong, gives you ability to do marine tank or mech. Same reason why back in WoL every TvZ build was aimed at a pre-hive timing with 2/2 upgrades.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]