Brood War

Going back and playing the Starcraft One Campaign made me realize how spoiled we are now in Starcraft Two. So if you get mad at anything in Starcraft Two go back and play Brood War and then HotS will seem like a cakewalk.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 07:39 PMPosted by BlckSheepOne
Going back and playing the Starcraft One Campaign made me realize how spoiled we are now in Starcraft Two. So if you get mad at anything in Starcraft Two go back and play Brood War and then HotS will seem like a cakewalk.

good post that will be largely ignored becuase the vast majority of this population never played this game even casually like UMS and fastest m possible
Reply Quote
HotS will seem like a cakewalk.

HotS IS a cakewalk. Kerrigan makes it easy mode. Though I agree that the final missions for each race in SC1 took FOREVER.
Reply Quote
Also how much better the SC1 story is.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
06/22/2013 07:46 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
HotS IS a cakewalk. Kerrigan makes it easy mode. Though I agree that the final missions for each race in SC1 took FOREVER.

I can do the final Terran mission in about 24 minutes now. It used to take me three hours. And yes, Heart of the Swarm was too easy. I'm hoping that Legacy will be as or more difficult than Wings.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Doncroft
And yes, Heart of the Swarm was too easy

Literally THE hardest mission was the Chrysalis mission. (the only one where you don't get Kerrigan or another hero) I had to switch to normal it was so damn hard. Also literally for every mission your strategy was 1: Get a big ball of units with Kerrigan at the center 2: Steamroll the enemy. Only time I really separated units was I had SH attacking an alternate location or lurkers protecting my base.
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 08:37 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
And yes, Heart of the Swarm was too easy

Literally THE hardest mission was the Chrysalis mission. (the only one where you don't get Kerrigan or another hero) I had to switch to normal it was so damn hard. Also literally for every mission your strategy was 1: Get a big ball of units with Kerrigan at the center 2: Steamroll the enemy. Only time I really separated units was I had SH attacking an alternate location or lurkers protecting my base.

Swarm Queen/Aberration every game basically.

I didn't find the chrysalis mission hard though. Just expand ASAP then throw down static d everywhere and put swarm hosts behind that. I even got the mastery on brutal as well.
Reply Quote
#HOTSCampaignTooEasy.
Reply Quote
Can clear Omega in under 30 mins easy enough.

I played the heck out of broodwar
Reply Quote
Oh Broodwar was harder. But I think we were more spoiled by the challenge than we are now :)
Reply Quote

Haha QFT, oh the good ol days.
Reply Quote
kerrigan is nasty in hots maybe they cuda made more levels in it and less emphasis on her but i still think it was good
Reply Quote
Not going to lie, I started playing the campaign and found it dreadfully unbearable. Boring missions, contrived storyline, and characters that never felt "organic." They just felt like a lot of mechanical parts being put together and not really having any synergy to be completely honest.
Reply Quote
Who remembers Sunken D and Impossible?
Ah the memories... And the fact I still have BW....
Reply Quote
06/22/2013 08:43 PMPosted by HereticusRx
You don't even need static defense. Just send a few zerglings to the locations where the Protoss units spawn and kill them one at a time as they appear. Add a handful of mutalisks later for AA.

Are we talking about the same Chrysalis? I don't remember any Protoss on Zerus...
Reply Quote
I played Brood War once, and couldn't get past the pathing and unit selection. Shame, because it also looks like a lot of fun to use those units.
Reply Quote
BW Missions could last HOURS and were actually really challenging. Also I ha e never really like Kerrigan. Reason SC1 Zerg campaign was so good was that you did not have ANY justification for your actions and simply because Kerrigan wasn't THAT important as a character.
Reply Quote
I don't think I finished the Brood War campaign. I either started the zerg chapter or was close the finishing the UED chapter. I remember in the normal SC 1 campaign, getting the Overmind to Aiur was probably one of my most challenging missions from that series (got to love Arbiters and Carriers).
Edited by MetalRaider on 6/23/2013 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/23/2013 01:06 PMPosted by MetalRaider
I don't think I finished the Brood War campaign. I either started the zerg chapter or was close the finishing the UED chapter. I remember in the normal SC 1 campaign, getting the Overmind to Aiur was probably one of my most challenging missions from that series (got to love Arbiters and Carriers)

I finished that mission by using more-or-less pure zerglings + a couple ultras per wave. Dat Adrenal gland.

(I assume you're talking about the one where you destroy the temple and then place a drone there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]