bana bust if terran opens reaper

if terran opens with 2+ reapers defend with queen, switch immediately to bana bust mode and get ling speed asap while throwing down bana nest asap. watch out for widows and win the game with a surprise bust into the base. more reapers = less marines. try to hit before hellions. once you bust in, flood with lings. keep lings scattered in the base and morph more banas near the mineral lines. been working great for me. thought i would share.

http://drop.sc/345767
Edited by TOOL on 6/24/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Last time I did this I smoked his reapers with speedlings and when I got into his base after the baneling bust he called me a !@#$ing cheesing noob who didn't know how to play a real game lol.
Reply Quote
Banelings busts in general can give you a lot of success on the ladder regardless of them opening reaper since so many Terrans use builds that rely on very few units early on, and most of them don't have the control necessary to fend off the aggression their builds are safe against.

That being said, reaper openings are particularly susceptible, and I frequently employ the same response with much success and a giant smile on my face.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Croimos
after the baneling bust he called me a !@#$ing cheesing noob who didn't know how to play a real game lol.

06/24/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Comadiroma
and I frequently employ the same response with much success and a giant smile on my face.

glad to hear it zerg brothers. i love how other races can use early aggression such as reaper opening but when zerg bana busts it is cheese and clear evidence that we don't know how to play the game. keep at it :)
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 02:07 PMPosted by TOOL
after the baneling bust he called me a !@#$ing cheesing noob who didn't know how to play a real game lol.

and I frequently employ the same response with much success and a giant smile on my face.

glad to hear it zerg brothers. i love how other races can use early aggression such as reaper opening but when zerg bana busts it is cheese and clear evidence that we don't know how to play the game. keep at it :)

I actually got a GG, WP out of one guy but I was scouting him pretty aggressively and saw him go 3 tax reaper before expand, we were on Sky Island in the wacky spawns so I think we both respected the fact that the early game has different rules on that map.
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Comadiroma

I actually got a GG, WP out of one guy but I was scouting him pretty aggressively and saw him go 3 tax reaper before expand, we were on Sky Island in the wacky spawns so I think we both respected the fact that the early game has different rules on that map.

yeah totally. i pretty much expect shenanigans when you spawn with the double entrances. cool map idea though.
Reply Quote
Reaper is almost always followed up with reactored hellions. If he gets 2 hellions out, he will hold your baneling bust. I would recommend doing a roach allin instead.
Edited by tEhbAtZ on 6/26/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]