My first game as Terran.

This was my first game as terran in HotS. Mainly played protoss(gold) in WoL. Can anyone give me some feedback or ways to improve my play?
http://drop.sc/345835

What I know I did wrong:
Im constantly floating 1k+ minerals throughout the entire match. (No clue what to spend it on)
Im just A-Moving my army.
I floated a CC to a base that already had a CC down and mineing.
Reply Quote
dont get double gas unless you intend to use it... there are only 3 reasons, hellbat drop, cloak banshee or fast tanks, you could have taken either a single gas earlier or taken off the 2nd to get more minerals

you must be able to macro while doing a drop, thats the first time your resources built up fast... queue if you have too, same with shift+ making depots

you need to drop more infrastructure for 2 bases earlier as well, this means 3-4 barracks + reactor starport as bio or 2 more factory as mech... generally want to have 3-4 buildings total, moving up to 6 if you stay on 2 base or continue to build so you can drop a 3rd

going with above, its much better to build production up slowly than drop like 6 rax at once, this keeps more scv mining and just flows better as your income rises... i usually only have 2-4 scv not mining that are making depots or production buildings constantly (there were times you had almost 15 off at once lol)

other than that no complaints... with all above are the main reasons you were 20 supply behind most of the game, he just didnt invest much into colossus or storm

probably from playing protoss as well you went for fast 3/3 which also helped you in situations where you were actually out numbered... always good to see that

so work on those macro mechanics and multitasking
Edited by Oldben on 6/24/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
dont get double gas unless you intend to use it... there are only 3 reasons, hellbat drop, cloak banshee or fast tanks, you could have taken either a single gas earlier or taken off the 2nd to get more minerals

you must be able to macro while doing a drop, thats the first time your resources built up fast... queue if you have too, same with shift+ making depots

you need to drop more infrastructure for 2 bases earlier as well, this means 3-4 barracks + reactor starport as bio or 2 more factory as mech... generally want to have 3-4 buildings total, moving up to 6 if you stay on 2 base or continue to build so you can drop a 3rd

going with above, its much better to build production up slowly than drop like 6 rax at once, this keeps more scv mining and just flows better as your income rises... i usually only have 2-4 scv not mining that are making depots or production buildings constantly (there were times you had almost 15 off at once lol)

other than that no complaints... with all above are the main reasons you were 20 supply behind most of the game, he just didnt invest much into colossus or storm

probably from playing protoss as well you went for fast 3/3 which also helped you in situations where you were actually out numbered... always good to see that

so work on those macro mechanics and multitasking

Ok thanks, can you clarify what you mean by double gas? Do you mean on 1 base? If so when do you take the second one? or do you mean just dont a second gas on any of the bases?
Reply Quote
well in addition to building minerals you also were building gas as well but not really spending it

you pretty much should be taking the second and 3rd gas as you start upgrades or medivac production as terran... 4 gas is a bit much until you are on 3 base

when i say hellbats, i suppose its the cheese build for TvT where you go both reactor hellbats and reactor medivacs where you need constant gas income... players who want to still go FE and bio in the mid game usually stay with 1 gas, only get a single medivac at a time so they can get barracks faster (as well as continue scv/MM production)

its something you should test for yourself over time, personally i find even opening mech i have too much gas off 1 geyser until i need to make other units than MM/hellbat or mines

i think its a minor thing, i was sort of compiling stuff as i was watching the replay
Edited by Oldben on 6/24/2013 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks you have been so helpful. I cant wait to try all this later. :)
Reply Quote
What I know I did wrong:
Im constantly floating 1k+ minerals throughout the entire match. (No clue what to spend it on)

lol what?? what are the most complained units in the game, that everyone says are op?? marines and hellbats, and you dont know what to spend minerals on??
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Braunz
lol what?? what are the most complained units in the game, that everyone says are op?? marines and hellbats, and you dont know what to spend minerals on??

+1 :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]