StarCraft® II

Know without a doubt that you are saved?

Do you know without a doubt that you are saved?
Have you accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior?

DO YOU KNOW?

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that

whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have

everlasting life. (John 3:16)

WHO IS GOOD?

As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one. (Romans 3:10)

WHO HAS SINNED?

For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)

WHERE SIN CAME FROM

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin:

and so death passed upon ALL men, for that

ALL have sinned. (Romans 5:12)

GOD'S PRICE ON SIN

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through

Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

GOD'S WAY OUT!

But God commendeth His love toward us in that, while we were yet

sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe

in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead thou

shalt be saved. (Romans 10:9)

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)

Will you please call upon the Lord Jesus
now and ask Him to Save you?

For anyone wanting to learn more about this topic. I suggest using only the original scriptures "King James Bible 1611 version" all NEW bible versions have been tampered with and changed the word of GOD. Dont take my word for it do your own homework!

If your wanting a accurate bible and you're not sure I suggest "KJV-Archaeological-Study-Bible-Illustrated" you can get it from Amazon easily.
GOD bless

(Christian life easily understood)

22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as
thyself.
22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Reply Quote
hehehe . . . are you trolling? I really hope you are. Cause I have done this song and dance enough times in other threads. So to answer your question,

06/25/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Matt

I know it, but I doubt it quite a bit. As much as a human being can doubt something, that is how much i doubt that I am "saved". In other words I know of this "saving", I don't have any confidence in its veracity.

No, I have not.
Reply Quote
No.

Never.

You shouldn't either.
Reply Quote
oh come now stratos you must have heard of this jesus fellow, and how he saved everyone. to say that jesus is a complete unknown to you . . . you would have to be from another planet. The OP asks if we know about this stuff, and i am in fact aware of the existence of christian doctrine, even if i believe merely a fairy tail.
Reply Quote
+1 keep telling people :)
Reply Quote
*eye twitch*
Reply Quote

DO YOU KNOW?

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that

whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have

everlasting life. (John 3:16)

WHO IS GOOD?

WHO HAS SINNED?

For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)

WHERE SIN CAME FROM

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin:

and so death passed upon ALL men, for that

ALL have sinned. (Romans 5:12)

GOD'S PRICE ON SIN

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through

Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

GOD'S WAY OUT!

But God commendeth His love toward us in that, while we were yet

sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe

in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead thou

shalt be saved. (Romans 10:9)

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)

Will you please call upon the Lord Jesus
now and ask Him to Save you?

For anyone wanting to learn more about this topic. I suggest using only the original scriptures "King James Bible 1611 version" all NEW bible versions have been tampered with and changed the word of GOD. Dont take my word for it do your own homework!

If your wanting a accurate bible and you're not sure I suggest "KJV-Archaeological-Study-Bible-Illustrated" you can get it from Amazon easily.
GOD bless

(Christian life easily understood)

22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as
thyself.
22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Keep spreading the word of god and may god bless you.
Reply Quote

No, and neither do you.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Assertion without evidence to support it, and with evidence to render it false.

Assertion without evidence.

In fact I'll save some time and just blanket cover all the biblical quotes as being assertions without evidence.

Actually, that one's been tampered with every single bit as much. Look up Council of Nicea, for one: Where people voted on which parts to keep and which parts to cut, and invented new bits.
Reply Quote
TL/DR. Something about cthulhu granting everlasting life right?
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Necromaster
oh come now stratos you must have heard of this jesus fellow, and how he saved everyone. to say that jesus is a complete unknown to you . . . you would have to be from another planet. The OP asks if we know about this stuff, and i am in fact aware of the existence of christian doctrine, even if i believe merely a fairy tail.

Never heard of him.

I don't have ears.
Reply Quote
You can't prove any of that. You can't prove the bible is the word of god. You cannot prove that jesus existed, and you cannot prove that he is the son of god, nor that he arose from the dead.

Faith: Believing something without evidence or any good reason too.

People that have faith: Idiots.
Reply Quote
Jesus once said "if you do not believe in my mission, atleast believe in my work" what this basically means, is if you dont believe in god, at least be a good human being. Those other idiots in the bible saying believe or be tormented are just the parts of the bible you should ignore. The bible condones slavery. Its like any other book of morals. Take what is what meant to be taken and discard the bad suggestions and information. You can still reach the kingdom of heaven if you are atheist or of another religion. I hate this bull!@#$ people spout.
Reply Quote
You can't prove any of that. You can't prove the bible is the word of god. You cannot prove that jesus existed, and you cannot prove that he is the son of god, nor that he arose from the dead.

Faith: Believing something without evidence or any good reason too.

People that have faith: Idiots.

Fail harder. Jesus did exist, whether he was the son of god or not is whats up to debate.

People who are hardcore atheists and think they are above religious people as if they were intelectual kings---------> idiots
Reply Quote
And biological immortality does exist on the earth today. Google search it, youll be surprised at the true meaning of immortality. Its not deathless. Far from it.
Reply Quote

No, and neither do you.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Assertion without evidence to support it, and with evidence to render it false.

Assertion without evidence.

In fact I'll save some time and just blanket cover all the biblical quotes as being assertions without evidence.

Actually, that one's been tampered with every single bit as much. Look up Council of Nicea, for one: Where people voted on which parts to keep and which parts to cut, and invented new bits.

The council of nicea was in action during the fourth century A.D., they can make changes and the bible can still be extremely credible because...

Roman Empire was among the first countries to adopt Christianity as its mainstream religion. Is an extremely credible source on the life of christ and his teachings (they were the ones that ultimately put him on the cross, not to mention he preached from within their empire), and you are just being a typical hardcore atheist that denies every last thing because you want evidence.

Let me tell you one little thing. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Think about that for a bit.

Am i telling you to accept religion automatically? Absolutely not. I am agnostic myself, but the whole point is to be open to experience and open to teachings that may influence your ethical thinking in a positive way.

As for this whole thing in general, it is within my belief that the OP is trolling. Battle.net 2013 is neither the time nor the place to be posting something like this.

P.S. The bible edition mentioned is in fact the "purest" edition known to man as of yet, so there is no point in you arguing that it is false or is not the most accurate.
Edited by ghost on 11/6/2013 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/06/2013 05:33 PMPosted by ghost
The council of nicea was in action during the fourth century A.D., they can make changes and the bible can still be extremely credible because...

Red herring. They still heavily edited and changed the bible.

Is an extremely credible source on the life of christ and his teachings

No it isn't. No records were made 'till a minimum of 30-40 years later, and supposed 'eyewitness' accounts were either forged, or not written until decades later by others.

and you are just being a typical hardcore atheist that denies every last thing because you want evidence.

What a ridiculous statement. Of COURSE I want evidence - I will only believe that which is true.

Let me tell you one little thing. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Think about that for a bit.

Incomplete. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence UNLESS EVIDENCE WOULD BE EXPECTED.

The claims being made would leave evidence; evidence would be expected in that case. In which case, absence of evidence IS evidence of absence.

Example; I have a neighbour who has a loud dog. This dog barks at the drop of a hat, and keeps going for ages.

One night I hear something rustling in the bushes outside my house, but I hear no barking from the bushes.

It then becomes reasonable to conclude that it wasn't my neighbours dog. The absence of barking is the absence of evidence, but since barking would be expected in this case, it is evidence of absence of the dog.

the whole point is to be open to experience and open to teachings that may influence your ethical thinking in a positive way.

If you think the bible has anything remotely approaching 'moral teachings' in it, you're either deluded or you've never read it.

P.S. The bible edition mentioned is in fact the "purest" edition known to man as of yet, so there is no point in you arguing that it is false or is not the most accurate.

Red herring. The statement was to accept it because 'all other editions have been tampered with.'

Since it's been tampered with, the reason for accepting it is fallacious.
Reply Quote
Let me tell you one little thing. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Nor is it evidence of presence.
Edited by Uriel on 11/12/2013 6:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Hylozoist

Red herring. They still heavily edited and changed the bible.

Is an extremely credible source on the life of christ and his teachings

No it isn't. No records were made 'till a minimum of 30-40 years later, and supposed 'eyewitness' accounts were either forged, or not written until decades later by others.

and you are just being a typical hardcore atheist that denies every last thing because you want evidence.

What a ridiculous statement. Of COURSE I want evidence - I will only believe that which is true.

Incomplete. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence UNLESS EVIDENCE WOULD BE EXPECTED.

The claims being made would leave evidence; evidence would be expected in that case. In which case, absence of evidence IS evidence of absence.

Example; I have a neighbour who has a loud dog. This dog barks at the drop of a hat, and keeps going for ages.

One night I hear something rustling in the bushes outside my house, but I hear no barking from the bushes.

It then becomes reasonable to conclude that it wasn't my neighbours dog. The absence of barking is the absence of evidence, but since barking would be expected in this case, it is evidence of absence of the dog.

the whole point is to be open to experience and open to teachings that may influence your ethical thinking in a positive way.

If you think the bible has anything remotely approaching 'moral teachings' in it, you're either deluded or you've never read it.

Red herring. The statement was to accept it because 'all other editions have been tampered with.'

Since it's been tampered with, the reason for accepting it is fallacious.

Not incomplete, just because we have no evidence we cannot conclude for a fact it is automatically wrong, of course evidence is expected, that is the same thing for everything in our daily lives. The problem is that there will always be multiple situations in which we cannot obtain evidence therefore we come up with an educated guess, mainly in the form of a theory.

Really? The teachings in the bible delude people on what is truly right and wrong? Last time I checked, humanity was a !@#$hole before ETHICAL monotheism ever came into play. Last time I checked, the ten commandments didn't delude people on what was right or wrong.

You always want evidence for everything? What is true is all you will believe? Tell me then, why shouldn't I just go up to someone and kill them? Is it true that that is evil? What evidence do you have? You do not believe in the big bang? black holes? big crunch? evolution? the idea of energy? Are we the only things living on this earth?

You will find out very soon if you havent already that if you expect evidence for every single situation you come into you will find yourself being an extremely dissatisfied person who chooses to ignore many serious matters that the rest of the world questions today.

As I stated before, this thread is neither the time nor place, but i will happily debate with you on it since we seem to already have gotten one started.
Reply Quote
You do realize that all this anger and rage only discredits you, right?

I am a Christian, and I know I am saved.

If the Bible was tampered with, then why does it match up with the Dead Sea Scrolls?

I believe that science is inherently flawed, just as everything humanity does is. Paradigms change, and evolution/rationalism is a paradigm.

Please give me one SPECIFIC piece of evidence that disproves Christianity and the Bible that is not a circular or straw man argument or based on the conviction of the nonexistence of the supernatural.

An atheist and a Christian cannot debate on even ground, because the atheist is totally convinced that the Christian cannot be right, because the Christian believes in the supernatural, which is a circular argument. The Christian, likewise, is convinced that the atheist cannot be correct, because he does not accept the existence of things beyond the natural, physical world, also a circular argument. The two debaters simply CANNOT see eye to eye.
Edited by Maverick on 2/20/2014 7:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 07:41 AMPosted by Maverick
I am a Christian, and I know I am saved.

Again, no you don't. You may believe it, but belief and knowledge are not the same thing.

If the Bible was tampered with, then why does it match up with the Dead Sea Scrolls?

It doesn't.

I believe that science is inherently flawed, just as everything humanity does is. Paradigms change, and evolution/rationalism is a paradigm.

Your beliefs do not constitute reality.

Please give me one SPECIFIC piece of evidence that disproves Christianity and the Bible that is not a circular or straw man argument or based on the conviction of the nonexistence of the supernatural.

Nobody has to 'disprove the bible' because nobody has been able to prove it yet. Basic burden of proof.

However; bats aren't birds. The earth didn't exist prior to the sun. The sun never stood still in the sky. Humans didn't come from 2 people, nor did they come from dust. Women weren't made out of a rib. There was no global flood. The earth is not flat. There is no dome over the earth. Stars cannot fall to earth. Etc, etc, etc.

An atheist and a Christian cannot debate on even ground

You're correct. Because christianity has no evidence for its claims, as such atheism is the only rational position.

because the atheist is totally convinced that the Christian cannot be right

You have an incoherent definition of 'atheism.'

Most atheists are not gnostic atheists, they are in fact agnostic atheists - with the position that knowledge is based upon the best available evidence. As there's no evidence for christianity, there's no reason to believe it. If there was evidence, there would be a reason to believe it.

Atheists are not 'totally convinced that the christian cannot be right,' and it's either ludicrously ignorant, or outright dishonest, to claim this.

The two debaters simply CANNOT see eye to eye.

Again, there is no evidence for christianity, or any other religion, so someone who professes belief in spite of a lack of evidence is professing an irrational position. There's no 'eye to eye' necessary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]