StarCraft® II

I was called a Noob for walling with

Engineering bays. I don't get it. its was that 4 v 4 map with the lava. my base was my own I don't understand it. Was the enemy mad cuz the engineering bays had 850 health and he couldn't get past them with my tanks blasting him?
Reply Quote
Walling with a engineering bay is rather noobish unless its like a 1v1 mid-late game and you are going mech so you want a strong wall for tanks or something.

But if he probably shouldnt be talking if he couldnt break that
Reply Quote
I played a TvT where I walled in and stopped a marine-SCV all-in. This is precisely why I wall in! :-)
Reply Quote
Walling in vs anything but Z is generally not great or coin flippy. Sure you'll hold the occasional cheese with a wall in but you could do that anyways without one.
Reply Quote
I wall-in pretty much every game just to deny scouting as much as possible.

Sure there's ways around it (reapers, overlords etc.) but I like to be sneaky :3
Reply Quote
Depends if you walled in your main or your natural with the Engi-Bays. If it was your main, I agree, that was a bit noobish. That's because a Barracks has more health than an Engi-Bay as well as being able to lift off. So typically you have a wall in of 2 Depots and a Barracks in your main. If it was your natural, it would be fine. That's because you don't really want your barracks at the front and instead you put your Engi-Bays there to wall of sooner. So I don't know if it was correct for your opponent to call you a noob for it, but it sounds like he was just mad :).

In response to the people who say it isn't a good idea to wall in vs anything but Zerg: there are certain timings in the early game that can outright kill you in TvP and TvT if you don't have a wall off. A notable one is the proxy 10 gate zealot/stalker/stalker/msc rush. Another would be any kind of cheese. In TvT, proxy 2 rax or marine/SCV all in could kill you early game as well as standard reactor hellion timings running up your ramp.. It is also a good idea to wall off your natural to be safe vs ForGG style mass hellion if you are going Hellbat drops.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]