StarCraft® II

is infestor nerf still viable today?

I'm just curious if my fellow zerg agree (or other races that might be hanging out in zerg forums).

I miss insta fungal, and infested terrans that get upgrades.

With all the new meta game changes.... is the infestor nerf still called for? with WM, boosted medivacs, hellbats, storm, crazy regen mutas, insta charge voids, oracles, mothership core, anti broodlord tempest .... seems like infestors would answer a lot of these things?

I don't understand the spore buff for zvz.... muta was wrecking things in zvz... and the answer was to buff zerg static air D for only vs mutas? that to me was a very disappointing buff.... maybe add a plus to bio tag for hydras? that sounds more to my liking than buffing a random building, lol. or just bring back old school infestors.

So... have you guys seen a lot of infestors in gameplay? for me personaly... the high gas cost (plus energy upgrade).... its just not worth it.. the returns are to small.
Edited by WinnieThaPoo on 6/25/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I find that fungal still works great as an immobilizer (not necessarily damage) versus terran bio balls, especially in conjunction with blinding cloud from vipers.
Reply Quote
I started to miss times when fungal was actually used not as damage tool but immobilizer. Glad they have returned!
FruitDealer bro!
Edited by lolfail on 6/25/2013 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I started to miss times when fungal was actually used not as damage tool but immobilizer. Glad they have returned!
FruitDealer bro!

ya I miss the insta fungal immobilizer... I don't care if they don't bring damage back. :)
Reply Quote
Infested terran egg nerf was just insult to injury.

I agree with the fungal growth change but the problem now is that Zerg doesn't really have a way to deal with air as seen with the ZvZ muta wars that broke out which led to a half assed buff to spore crawlers without addressing the underlying issue.
Reply Quote
To deal with the fact that it isn't insta-cast anymore, just lead the bio ball a little bit and aim behind it because you know it's going to stim and kite so you just have to anticipate where it's going to be.
Reply Quote
Fungal seems ok, but IT needs something somewhere.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Goodtimes
To deal with the fact that it isn't insta-cast anymore, just lead the bio ball a little bit and aim behind it because you know it's going to stim and kite so you just have to anticipate where it's going to be.

Problem with this, is to lead a retreating terran army, your infestors need to be even closer to the battle... which is very risky business as it puts your infestors in danger of snipes / emp (they are really big giant bugs... compared to ghosts or HTs)

Infested terran egg nerf was just insult to injury.

I agree with the fungal growth change but the problem now is that Zerg doesn't really have a way to deal with air as seen with the ZvZ muta wars that broke out which led to a half assed buff to spore crawlers without addressing the underlying issue.

yes, agree 100%
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 01:54 PMPosted by WinnieThaPoo

Problem with this, is to lead a retreating terran army, your infestors need to be even closer to the battle... which is very risky business as it puts your infestors in danger of snipes / emp (they are really big giant bugs... compared to ghosts or HTs)

That's where blinding cloud comes in ; )
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Goodtimes
That's where blinding cloud comes in ; )

vipers come way later in the game. if you make it to vipers, and are that comfortable scattering blinding cloud, and decimating terran armies... your already way way ahead.

however, if your on even footing, those vipers will have a hard time vs Vikings

meanwhile infestors will be having a hard time vs any number of unit.

I just don't think the nerfs that were put on infestors during WoL are needed anymore... im for the infestor being returned to pre nerf normal (minus damage, I could care less about damage, and I never used fungal growth for damage... I used IT for damage)
Reply Quote
But the thing is, Fungal is still really good as an immobilizer.. the fact that it can be dodged isn't too detrimental, it's still really easy to hit units with it. It's a projectile, but it's a pretty fast projectile.
Reply Quote
Fungal growth now requires skill, you can't mass 30 infestors anymore, no more instant free 3/3 army. Infestors are now a caster that can supplement your army instead of make up your army.

If you miss it because they were easier to use, and you could mass them, then it's probably better that they were changed.
Reply Quote
I think:
Fungal is how it should be.

Infested Terran was over-nerfed.
They should still gain armor from upgrades, and think that rather than decreasing the health of the egg blizzard could have experimented with increasing how long it takes for an IT egg to hatch.
It would be interesting if IT's life timer went down more slowly when burrowed.
Allowing IT/Locust/Broodlongs to enter Nydus/Overlords would be very interesting, but probably too powerful.

Neural Parasite was over-nerfed and should not rely on Abduct to be useful in the slightest.
</opinion>
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 6/25/2013 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fungals are still fantastic but Infested terrans are pretty much a waste of energy, same with neural.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 01:39 PMPosted by WinnieThaPoo

Only Zerg players miss that, it just didn't make sense how FG was good against everything and that ITs would benefit from upgrades when Auto Turrets wouldn't. You could literally slaughter an army with just FG or just IT.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Xenos

Only Zerg players miss that, it just didn't make sense how FG was good against everything and that ITs would benefit from upgrades when Auto Turrets wouldn't. You could literally slaughter an army with just FG or just IT.

you can also slaughter whole armies with just WM / Raven seekers / Collossus / Mass HTs / SH / to a lesser extent, oracles

Fungal growth now requires skill, you can't mass 30 infestors anymore, no more instant free 3/3 army. Infestors are now a caster that can supplement your army instead of make up your army.If you miss it because they were easier to use, and you could mass them, then it's probably better that they were changed.

ive seen terran build up a mass amount of WMs and decimate entire armies, against every race. ive seen protoss build mass HTs and storm the entire area, decimating the field. I have seen an army of pure ravens melt the entire map in games with seeker missles.

Making a root instant.... is not going to kill the game with imbalance in HoTs. the game has already changed a lot since WoL.

As others have said, infested terran has been way over nerfed.. and neural parasite is very very close to useless.
Reply Quote
No to the winfestor return.

Now it takes skill to use fungal, not just point click andrape.
Edited by Riina on 6/26/2013 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i do agree with winnie, blizz nerfed the infestor for WoL but now we're playing hots and this is completly different.
infested terran are a huge waste of energy same with neural parasite, the dmg of fungal ist just useless against bio because the medivacs heal the entire dmg easily.

06/26/2013 04:34 AMPosted by Riina
Now it takes skill to use fungal, not just point click andrape.

yeah and widowmines takes skill too (125dmg on single target+ 40dmg aoe+ 35 dmg vs psionic) its a little joke that players do agree with this and call the infestor overpowered same with hellbat

with tempest+ voidrays+feedback, YOU CANT PLAY broodlord infestor (wayne or this infestor or wol infestor) its just useless same with terran
Reply Quote
Free NP would be a welcomed buff.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 07:52 AMPosted by JBangin
Free NP would be a welcomed buff.

it would be welcome, considering how useless it is now... I don't see why there is a cost to upgrade.

However, when it comes to just NP.... It really needs... something... a complete work over. in the years that SC2 has been out, in an even matchup I have only seen 2 occasions where NP had helped turned the tide of battle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]