StarCraft® II

is infestor nerf still viable today?

06/25/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Kreldon
Fungals are still fantastic but Infested terrans are pretty much a waste of energy, same with neural.

Fungals CAN be fantastic, but they are very much a coin-flip. All-in-all the infestor is a waste of supply.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 11:53 AMPosted by tEhbAtZ
Fungals are still fantastic but Infested terrans are pretty much a waste of energy, same with neural.

Fungals CAN be fantastic, but they are very much a coin-flip. All-in-all the infestor is a waste of supply.

I agree and I don't want infestors to be a waste of supply :( I really hope blizz might read this (if it catches steam) and really think about undoing a lot of nerfs to the infestor. or at least look into it.
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Tamerlane
Fungal seems ok, but IT needs something somewhere.

I can time the "lob" just fine. The issue is damage.

Medivacs can heal through it just fine. I feel like math-wise it should just destroy their energy but they can heal through three fungals like nothing happened while tanking an army of 100 supply.

Now go look at psystorm. Go look at siege tanks. Colossus......................

Fungal needs something.

This's going to sound stupid but I wish they could root and just blast off the spores by themselves. But they need something.

They're too slow, too fat, too low hp, too low armor, too weak and they can't kill the one thing I need them to kill, Terran MMM.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Paladin
Medivacs can heal through it just fine. I feel like math-wise it should just destroy their energy but they can heal through three fungals like nothing happened while tanking an army of 100 supply.

Except this is false. A terran army with something like 8 medivacs cannot heal through 3 chain fungals, and all the marines are dead by the second fungal. Only if you're fungalling while leaving time in between (not chaining) can a medivac outheal the damage.
Reply Quote

Except this is false. A terran army with something like 8 medivacs cannot heal through 3 chain fungals, and all the marines are dead by the second fungal. Only if you're fungalling while leaving time in between (not chaining) can a medivac outheal the damage.

Game after game after game the medivacs heal just fine so I must be leaving a single second pause. If that's all it takes, maybe the "fix" is to have fungal require a "cleanse" before the medivac can start healing again.

Remember cleanse.. removed parasites and devourer goo.......... I think the answer is to make Terran do some work. Even if cleanse was an AOE or something, make it take 50 energy, something. Just make them do one extra second of work and spend some of that crazy and seemingly infinite medivac energy on those MMM. We can start with that.

I'd like to use Infests as tanks though too, and Hydras as Lurkers... Zerg need a lot of love right now and I don't think a lot would be too much at this point.
Edited by Paladin on 6/26/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Fall

the radius of fungal is to small, so it is true that 8 medivacs can outheal the damage, even on chain fungals (btw if a terran lets zerg sit there.... and just chain fungal forever..... ya hes doing something horribly wrong)

I do agree with you however that if you don't have many medivacs (like only 2-3) and a big ball of MM, then yes fungals can finaly kill marines.

However, I don't think fungals should be for the damage. its meant to be a root. Infest Terrans are the damage. Due to their massive nerfs... IT are useless. they melt before bio before they even have a chance to hit the ground as beach balls.

06/26/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Paladin
They're too slow, too fat, too low hp, too low armor, too weak and they can't kill the one thing I need them to kill, Terran MMM.

I agree in the new HoTs, infestors got left behind.
Reply Quote
I like the current version of fungle growth. It takes some getting used to, but it has great range and isn't too hard to aim with a bit of practice. The only part of fungle that is actually weaker is the +armor damage, but that nerf was needed for the sake of every unit besides roaches. (I despise roach vs roach battles). If they could make fungle do +10 damage to roaches, I would be very happy.

Infested Terrans were overpowered before and are underpowered now. I would have liked to see ITs keep their upgrades but cost 33 energy instead of 25. They also needed to make the damage done to eggs transfer over to the IT's health once hatched. A simple percent of health missing would have done the trick.

Sadly, once Blizzard has picked a direction they don't like to change.
Infested Terran is to Snipe as Mutalisk is to Warp Prism.
Reply Quote
NP is worthless. If the infestors target channeled damage so the infestor took none till the np target died that would help. The nerfs are over done. The fungal projectile should be faster or not shootable by raven pdd. The infestor nerf was too harah, I rarely build them these days.
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 07:49 AMPosted by TheG
NP is worthless. If the infestors target channeled damage so the infestor took none till the np target died that would help. The nerfs are over done. The fungal projectile should be faster or not shootable by raven pdd. The infestor nerf was too harah, I rarely build them these days.

I agree, and its not for a lack of trying. In fact im still trying to find a place in my composition for infestors... but that gas is so heavy, and the returns are too small. that gas is better used for any other unit other than infestors. (like vipers later down the road)
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 07:49 AMPosted by TheG

NP is a whole other discussion. It needs to like "share" the life of the unit, or something. But Infests pop so easily ALREADY that NP is just a death warrant. :(

I like the idea of having fungal actually prevent healing for maybe 10 seconds unless there is a 'cure' from medivacs that costs 50 energy and aoe or something.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]