StarCraft® II

Zerg in campaign vs Zerg multiplayer.

I'm Zerg at heart, but for the life of me protoss are zerg in multiplayer, and campaign zerg are the true zerg, the removal of the constant spawn larvae spam and the actually used heal on the queens makes Zerg fun and actually about massing units. Not watching your egg timers.
Reply Quote
06/26/2013 10:46 PMPosted by LittleRaven
actually about massing units

06/26/2013 10:46 PMPosted by LittleRaven
constant spawn larvae spam

But... But... You can DO NOT USE spawn larvae in multiplayer. Just make mass hatches and watch your army die cause it is just less than opponents :3
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 03:44 AMPosted by lolfail
actually about massing units

constant spawn larvae spam

But... But... You can DO NOT USE spawn larvae in multiplayer. Just make mass hatches and watch your army die cause it is just less than opponents :3

The campaign hatches spawned larvae at a ridiculously high rate without queens. That's what he's referring to.
Reply Quote
I liked Queens healing like medics (autocast). I've had cases where transfuse just won't cast even with energy and I don't know why. I'd rather them have autocast heals, then just improve larva timers.

I loved lurkers. Always loved lurkers. I hate stupid swarm hosts. I didn't need 2 free scouts every 30 sec. I needed lurkers.

Scourge!!!!!!!! I need my scourgies so I can take out the bad guys' fliers.

The improved larva timers. I don't mind adding micro where it's needed but the difference between proper inject timing and not is the difference between bronze and plat. It's that much of a disparity.

That huge huge bug ship. I forgot it's name. Maybe cap us at 2-3 of them, but I loved those. We've always needed a big bug carrier. Been saying that since sc... We finally get it and it's a tease.

Honorable mention to the units we didn't get to see. Defilers and Devourers.

There was a reason Brood War was such a good game. The Zerg were a legitimate threat.

Zerg simply aren't a threat in HotS. Terran see a free win every time they see a Zerg match. Protoss struggle but it's for the wrong reasons.

Simply put, zerg campaign were the zerg we wanted, and we got something pretty awful.
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Paladin
Simply put, zerg campaign were the zerg we wanted, and we got something pretty awful.

The campaign zerg rather the zerg with all the macro of the race removed. Just make hatcheries and treat them like barracks. Mass queens and go win.

I enjoyed playing the campaign but I'm glad the multiplayer has a bit more involved with the race.
Reply Quote
I want bouncing banelings.

They just seem happier than normal banelings, somehow.

I didn't much care for not having to inject, and having those small auto-transfuses. Course, with mp-style transfuse, I would have just followed Kerrigan around with a bunch of queen-groupies and spam-healed her while she killed everything.
Reply Quote
I didn't care for the way campaign played out. Most of zerg's influence is about expanding and overwhelming with massive production. The campaign offered 3 bases at most and removed the most important part of zerg macro, queen injects. I would have preferred maps with 5-6 possible bases and a huge emphasis on swarming and overwhelming the enemy. The campaign maps had the stick of early 2010 development, when people took a max of 3 bases and the stronger deathball won.

I felt that removing injects was a disservice to players. They wanted to make the campaign casual friendly, but by doing so they denied inexperienced players the ability to practice and utilize injects. Campaign in no way prepared players for a transition to multiplayer. I think it would have been better to allow inject to be autocast on easier difficulties and the option removed on hard/brutal difficulties.

I also liked the old transfusions a lot better, though I have to agree with Ataraxia, they would have been overpowered with Kerrigan.

Kerrigan in general was too much of the centerpiece of campaign play. Even on brutal she could devastate enemy bases by herself. The zerg focus went away from macro and swarm to micro the hero and kill everything. Sure you can still macro and support Kerrigan, but there's no reason to attack a location without Kerigan leading the charge.

BW zerg campaign felt a lot better. There was more emphases on multiple bases and it maintained the swarm feel. Some missions even started out with 3-4 bases.
Reply Quote
06/27/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Paladin

Scourge would be fun, probably not balanced though. Set some to patrol your base, never ever get dropped. Protoss has mass void rays? Mass more scourge (2 from each larva!)
Reply Quote
Blizzard didn't give us the lurker, they give us the SH, but why not the impaler, a ver. Of the lurker with a single long range (siege type) attack
Reply Quote

Scourge would be fun, probably not balanced though. Set some to patrol your base, never ever get dropped. Protoss has mass void rays? Mass more scourge (2 from each larva!)

Somehow I don't see a problem in having a counter against drops that causes Terran to cry. They get to do free drops the entire game with no punishment. Bring on the scourgies!

Also I'd definitely take impalers over nothing. Really want lurkers though! Lurkerlurkerlurker.

Or go back to alpha WoL and give us roaches that spew acid out in fountains while burrowed. :)
Edited by Paladin on 6/27/2013 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]