StarCraft® II

Standard openig in TvT?

I always start with marine helion elevator and get instant win or dubble expand behind it and go mech. But I wonder if there is a standar opening in HoTS yet as it was in WoL (1 rax fe marines tanks). It feels like everyone build different...
Reply Quote
06/25/2013 12:54 PMPosted by StimPack
I always start with marine helion elevator and get instant win or dubble expand behind it and go mech. But I wonder if there is a standar opening in HoTS yet as it was in WoL (1 rax fe marines tanks). It feels like everyone build different...

I don't think there's a standard in HOTS yet, but it's getting closer.

In WoL I did a 1 rax FE into bio tank.

In HoTS I typically go rax factory into expo, or some type of 1/1/1 build. Marine tank viking, Hellbat drop, marine hellion elevator, blue flame drop, cloak banshees, etc. Marine FE is too vulnerable to terran pressure.
Reply Quote
I always open 16 gas FE. Defensively strong enough to hold all 1/1/1 aggressive openings while giving a pretty fast CC and tech for slightly delayed hellbat/hellion+mine drop
Reply Quote
pretty sure there are 2 standards

1/1/1 FE or 1 rax FE into 3 rax

with the first your intent is always to do some economic damage or delay the opponents expansion

with a 1 rax FE you pretty much choose to play defensive and if you loose workers you can actually maintain an economic advantage due to 2x OC and scv production

personally i go for something between, i expand a little bit after the factory is down around 21-22 supply, but i aim to either have hellions out or if they walled then tech up to starport soon after, i dont rush hellbats though so i guess its still more of a defensive opening with the option of a poke

what i used to do thats great against a 1 rax is do a marauder/mine poke, best case is i can actually knock all his depots down and force an scv pull but the idea is to plant the mine at the natural and delay him for a long time with only 5 units while i macro at home lol
Edited by Oldben on 6/26/2013 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I go 15 gas reactor expand into hellbat drops.
Reply Quote
Hellbats
Reply Quote
15 Gas into Fast Tanks into a Fast third. Bomber Style. Unless you're gold where most Terrans Tank All-in, just do some fast drop play
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]